1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best free social networking script? (myspace software)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by compdee, Nov 8, 2007.

Okay, I’m looking for FREE social networking software (something like myspace clone)… or something really cheap like $20.

I checked phpizabi and aroundme.
    Anyone use this? How do you like it?

Is there something better that phpizabi?

Thanks
    Deidre

compdee, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  2. compdee

compdee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone have clue?

compdee, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  3. n3wbi3

n3wbi3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'm also looking for one , but for free. hehe

n3wbi3, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  4. dcoops

dcoops Guest

Best Answers:
    ooh. apparently there's one of those in the freebies section (can't remember where) so a search for Big Clones Collection!

dcoops, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  5. mindiam1

mindiam1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes there is a really good one called Dolphin by boonex. It is probably up there with a myspace site.

http://www.boonex.com/

mindiam1, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  6. ngcoders

ngcoders Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly there are no good free community scripts ( phpibazi has most addons paid ) . A somewhat decent script is phpfox ( i still dont recommend it ) but its out of your budget.

ngcoders, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  7. yyyk9

yyyk9 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best one is PHP gold Member, usually $127, but PM me and I can get you a discount. :D

yyyk9, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  8. dcoops

dcoops Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow! Boonex looks awesome! I can't believe they don't charge for Dolphin!

dcoops, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  9. CT SEO

CT SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    they dont charge but they do put their dating ads all over your community

CT SEO, May 16, 2008 IP
  10. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to give Boonex a shot...I'm now hearing *better* feedback for it, it appears as though things arent as bad as they used to be. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I still like Boonex's demo. I know a lot of people want more features, but the out-of-box ones are more than enough for what I was looking to do.

Pixelrage, May 17, 2008 IP
  11. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you can post a link when your project goes live, I would really appreciate it.

Seeing a script in action is always a help.

albemarle24, May 18, 2008 IP
  12. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    php fox is good, i'v heard... but for any good script, you have to pay....

Tobidotman, May 18, 2008 IP
  13. casualmusic

casualmusic Active Member

Best Answers:
    phpizabi is okay but I wouldn't recommend them. Once you get in, they have a whole bunch of plugins for sale- without them your site will be very limited. I guess the same can be said about phpfox, but at least with fox there's a very active webmaster/developers community forum so you can also get a lot of free help. Socialengine I heard is pretty good, but again it's not free.

OpenPNE is a free social networking platform but since it's developed in Japan, the English documentation's still not quite there. Probably worth giving a shot though

casualmusic, May 18, 2008 IP
  14. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Do a search on this forum about threads on phpFox and I'm sure you'll change your opinion. ;)

Emperor, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  15. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    KoneyIslander, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  16. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WARNING

Do NOT believe KoneyIslander.
    Its a liar and scammer!!!

See here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...=305517&page=6

post #114 and you can see screenshots and read facts here:

http://www.datingscriptreviews.com/warning-abk-soft

BE AWARE HIS WEBSITE DATINGSOFTWAREREVIEWER.COM = FAKE

It gives all ABK-Soft products 10/10 rating to pump up the sales and scamming people.

DONT BE THE NEXT ONE WHO GET SCAMMED!!!

ilook, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  17. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    ALERT: ilook is a shill, beware!

I am not promoting anything, I just provide links to consider and there is nothing to trust or not trust. And the fact that ilook spends so much time and efforts marking all posts about the software with hysterical shrills and red color tells about the fact that he is paid well for that. The problem is he is not professional flooder and even can not provide any bug lists, which he states are present in the script.

I will continue answering here as soon as there are some real bug lists or other factual material, answering a crazy little shill answering machine seems humiliating for me, let him continue his black pr campaign all alone until he is banned or his balls are eaten.

See you some time, thanks.

KoneyIslander, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  18. superiorus

superiorus Banned

Best Answers:
    datingpro is the best.

superiorus, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  19. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You promote ABK-soft products to scam people.
    Youre a liar.

SEE THE ALREADY POSTED LINK FOR ALL PROVE THAT YOU BELONGS TO THE ABK-SOFT SCAMMER COMPANY

Nice words wont help you out scammer!

ilook, Feb 4, 2009 IP
  20. FrankRw

FrankRw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    My name is Frank, I represent ABK-Soft here from now on. We really need this text to be present here, dear admins, this is not a duplicate account, we one by one try to reply to the claims and continue getting banned. Soon we will not have anyone left in the company to publish this.

Our designer and support manager Andrew who is indeed a Russian, has been just banned here for spamming reasons, also Sam, although all they wanted was to help the clients, if there are any real clients here. I ask the moderators to look into the problem well, because there are posts all over the forums made by one and the same person, naming our company ABK-Soft scam, spam and so on, and I am OBLIGED to help him, to see to his problems and to do my job. Because this IS my job.
    I ask Socialnetworker to provide his order number, because I need to look for his tickets in the members' area. If there are indeed any problems, or rude behaviour of our managers, the guilty will be immediately fired and all the possible help will be provided.
    Also, I ask the administrators not to allow any nationalism in here, because this is not a forum where the fascists meet or anything like this. Dmitry is a Russian, Andrew is a Russian as well, but this does not allow users to use bad language like "d..head", "jerk", "Russian worm", etc. This is completely unappropriate for such a decent forum. It is an insult.
    I also want to draw the administrators' attention to the fact that such users' behavior and personal insults is noticed by all the users, what can be clearly seen in their comments, like "please stop the spam", "if you are a competetor try to invent some other way of defeating", etc. Everything can be easily found here.
    I am not saying of course that this user can not be our current client, but to prove this all I need is the order number.
    Again, I need to say that I will have to post this reply everywhere where this user has been complaining, because we found this forum one of these days, we would have been working here and providing customer service here for a long time already, should we have found it earlier. But unfortunately we have never seen these threads. Please note that I am not advertizing anything, I am not spamming, all I need to do is to help the clients that probably have some problems with the support department, show the other possible clients in every thread that we really care about what is being said about us, and take appropriate measures.
    Thank you very much for your business,
    Frank Rowley,
    ABK-Soft LTD.

FrankRw, May 11, 2009 IP