1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submit Your Article Experiment

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Zibblu, Dec 5, 2008.

I've been running an EZineArticles.com experiment here that has thus far been not particularly successful (only 6 net sales with 33 live articles.) In this experiment I *only* use EZineArticles for links back to my site. This keeps the experiment "pure."

I also use the SubmitYourArticle.com service as a part of my article marketing (the service is $37/month) and so similarly I am going to run an experiment promoting my CB diet product using just this service. I'm going to be using this domain: dayoffWHATdietDOTinfo remove WHAT and change DOT to .

(explanation: I don't want any unnatural links that don't come from my experiment and I also don't really want people searching for my product name to find this thread!)

I use Submit Your Article in a different way than I use EZineArticles - I use SYA almost entirely for links back (and the SEO benefits of that) not so much for direct traffic (I've found it doesn't bring much) but it will be interesting for me to see exactly how well (or not well) this works.

I'm going to be setting up the site I'm using for this experiment almost exactly like the one I'm using for the EZ. It's going to be a WordPress site with 15 "landing pages" (blog posts) aimed at different weight loss related keywords. The homepage will just be aimed at the product name.

Zibblu, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  2. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, good luck with your experiment. I'm also starting something new with article marketing soon, and I'll publish it here on the forum.

nadavs

nadavs, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  3. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've made 22 sales (1 refund) with 60 articles spread in 2 campaigns. Am a noob in affiliate marketing, was not sure if I was doing things right lol.

Campaign 1 (blog)
    40 articles - Articles were submitted to ezinearticles then posted on the blog after going live.
    20 sales

Campaign 2 (1 page review)
    20 articles - submitted to ezinearticles then 5 other article sites
    2 sales

I know it's not great results but it is the first product I am promoting from clickbank, am happy so far :) . Also to keep myself motivated I wanted to write 100 articles before moving to another product (if I made no sales). I was experimenting too... :)

rubeina, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  4. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That`s not bad at all. 60 articles generated you 22 sales. Why have you posted the exact same articles on your blog as well ? :)

evelinawilliams007, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  5. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just thought I'd put some content on the blog as well, also not getting much free time for affiliate stuff. :)

rubeina, Dec 6, 2008 IP
    lycos likes this.
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    That's actually pretty good I think, better than I've done with my experiment. There's so many factors to consider though, it's hard to pinpoint why one thing is working better than another thing usually. And of course a big factor is how much of a commission you make for each of those sales.

Zibblu, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    zibblu Its great to see people sharing their knowledge and experiences here, I appreciate your efforts of sharing knowledge here.

While surfing your thread I don't found any screen shot of current clickbank earning and ezine(views etc) which can really inspire future affiliates to work for your product.

Also,
    At starting of your sales copy

"You Will Be One Of The 5% .............................................
    ...Or You Don't Pay A Penny"

This para or tag line strongly indicates that you are selling some thing,This really distract visitor to read follow. In my opinion This type of thing should mentioned at the bottom.

Best luck!

Robert25, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Robert25, You may be right about the sales copy --- I definitely don't consider it to be "finished" --- I will keep tweaking it looking for better results (with conversion rates.)

As far as clickbank earnings - I did show a screenshot earlier. I've made 6 net sales and ... well honestly I don't think that's particularly inspiring :) Maybe if I had better news I'd be more inclined to show more screenshots!

So far I consider my EZineArticles experiment to be a bit of a failure to be honest. I'm not giving up on it though, there could be a lot of reasons that it's not working as well as it should. One weak link and it doesn't work.

Thanks for your input Robert, I appreciate it.

I haven't really got started with this SYA project yet. I still have to get the landing blog up.

Zibblu, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  9. evilpuppy

evilpuppy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but if you post articles first on ezine then on your blog, won't google penalize both for duplicate content?

and from the reader's point of view, if he sees the same article structure but with different words on both ezine and your site.. won't be like be annoyed or leave your site or something?

evilpuppy, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    EZA is not for direct sales.. :)

evelinawilliams007, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  11. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not duplicate content and is ok to do. I usually post it on my site first, then submit to EZ.

From a readers point of view, a normal reader probably won't pay any attention

zeekstern, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  12. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    On the topic of dupe content, have you considered rewriting the article to make it less dupe content? If you are going through the trouble of making a blog, go through the trouble of making it unique.

Ideastone, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not really sure if these questions are directed at me or someone else in this thread but I want to be clear that I do not reuse my EZA articles anywhere else. I always write unique content for my landing pages for two major reasons:

(1) If I'm reading an article and it links to another article with the exact same content I'm going to get annoyed as hell and leave. I imagine most others are the same way. I'm definitely not trying to annoy my potential customers.

(2) To avoid duplicate content penalties.

Zibblu, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The EZ article will not be approved if published on your site first.

dcristo, Feb 2, 2009 IP
    lycos likes this.
  15. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reviving this old thread dcristo. I'm sorry to say I still haven't started on this experiment yet. So much to do... so much to do. I do still want to do this. It's just hard to make time with all of the other things going on.

Zibblu, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  16. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, according to EA, it will. I emailed them and asked them.
    I don't know if the Support folks are the same as those that approve/disapprove articles, but that was their reply to my question.

Zeek

zeekstern, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  17. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OH! As far as I know, they will approve even if the article is on other sites first. But the author names of the same article on other sites should be the same as the author name on Ezine. This is what I got from their support. Have they changed the rules again?

discuss4u, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  18. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did not ask them anything about the author and they didn't mention it either. This brings up an interesting point and also explains why many folks complain so much when someone steals their articles. I wasn't worried about the search engines being able to tell when an article was posted, but EA has no way of knowing and can easily mistake that for duped content.

If it isn't one thing its another:)

zeekstern, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  19. Xerge

Xerge Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always wondered how effective ArticleEzines is for publishers.

I'd like to see some actual, well researched results like the ones you are talking about here.

We'll see.

Xerge, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  20. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no doubt about the power of EA. It is probably the most highly recommended article directory on the net. If you want to see some results, why don't you test it? I don't mean that in a smart axx way.:) I mean write an article and link back to a page on your site. Submit it to EA. Wait a few days and submit it to Goarticles or another popular one of your choice. Be sure to track it. Or pay close attention to your hosting stats.

I don't particularly like EA, but like the traffic they send.:) Post back and let us know how it turns out.

zeekstern, Feb 3, 2009 IP