1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Requiring manual admin auth for new users in PHPBB

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by BerkshireForum, Feb 3, 2009.

In PHPBB3, under the default settings a member can begin posting on a forum immediately after they register. Is it possible to add an additional step where the admin has to manually ok the registration before the member can post on the forum?

BerkshireForum, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  2. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is possible. Go to Admin Control Panel > User Registration Setting > Select "By Admin". That is the easiest way .. However,you can also configure system and create specific permission for each group.

If you still have problems lemme know.

Mobile-Monster, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  3. BerkshireForum

BerkshireForum Peon

Best Answers:
    After clicking on "user registration setting" i do not see an option for "by admin." After clicking the "user registration setting", it takes me to a page with: "general settings," "general options" and "COPPA."

After clicking "user registration setting," the only thing that seems even close to what I'm looking for is the following:
    Account Activation:
    This determines whether users have immediate access to the board or if confirmation is required. You can also completely disable new registrations.

But the only two options are "disable" or "none."

I'm running version 3.0.3.

BerkshireForum, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  4. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check Email settings under ACP , the board wide emails should be enabled. Once you enable it, go back to the section mentioned in my previous post. Hope it helps..

If still you can't sort it out .. PM me with a dummy Admin account and i will configure it for you

Best Regards,
    MM

Mobile-Monster, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  5. BerkshireForum

BerkshireForum Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks dude, worked great!!

BerkshireForum, Feb 4, 2009 IP