1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense account terminated for invalid clicks

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Cristian Mezei, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Commiserations Expertu,

I wish you the very best of luck. Don't worry, they will reinstate your account once the investigation has been completed. :)

Endurer, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  2. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I feel like in those CSI New York shows...

Cristian Mezei, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope that you get your account back, but to be truthful, I have not really heard many get their accounts back.

john269, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  4. adbie

adbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I use channels in all my sites. If the total impressions/clicks exceed the sum of all channel impressions/clicks by a lot, then I can suspect something fishy and take action.

Even if the saboteur copies my channel id, by closely monitoring every site's impressions/clicks (via its channels stats), I should be able to detect unusual activities. And should I receive the termination email from big G one day (touch wood), I believe I have a stronger case when I present my stats to big G. Big G can easily verify from their log that the sabotaged channels should have some unsual activities coming from a domain different from what's usually associated with with my channels.

Of course, the best way is to let publishers indicate to G which URLs are permitted to run their AdSense code.

adbie, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  5. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheap traffic how? Low priced advertising from Overture, AdWords. Msn? Or some pay-for-traffic BS?

Expertu, have you had any type of correspondence/dialog fwith Google during the duration of your account, regarding ad placement, possible invalids etc. I ask because I was under the impression, though I am not sure from where, that if you have a relationship with them you have more credibility. You had your acct for 2 years, right?

You are of no help here.

TCR, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  6. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol

are you by any chance the same person as this?

-http://www.threadwatch.org/user/2882

Endurer, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer seems simple then.. The person stole his site including the adsense ads and then clicked on the ads in some way to get him banned.

That would be my first approach with google. Explain to them in detail how someone stole your site. I don't know if they also used your google publisher id, but I would not be suprised if they did.

Then explain it to google, and provide as much information as possible. That seems like the most likely reason.

aeiouy, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  8. cafinater

cafinater Peon

Best Answers:
    Syncmaster, which 3rd party program do you use?

A friend I met with today said "I helped you out. I went thru your website and clicked on all your ads!" (I had told her last week never to click them, but turns out she wasn't really listening).

When I turned white and got deadly serious and explained the implications, she said she actually only clicked on one ad she was actually interested in. I told her THIS is the time to tell me the truth so i could notify Google, and she swears that was true. So hopefully I narrowly escaped.

But whoever said 1) never tell your friends how you make money!!! and 2) if you MUST tell your friends, yell it into their faces so they remember!!!--- was right!

cafinater, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats the problem is that alot of people don't know about affiliate marketing and how you go about earning it.

If people ask me how I earn my money, they normally say do you earn it from people using your site and clicking on ads. I use to say yes, but I just say I earn it from marketing and promoting other merchants products on my site. When I make a sale for them I earn a commission.

When I use to say that some advertisers pay me per click, they use to say that why don't you keep clicking on the ads yourself and you will earn alot of money. They just don't get how all this works. They must think that the money grows on a tree or something and doesn't actually come from advertisers.

When you tell your friends that you earn per click they quickly think to them selfs that they will click on a few ads to help out a mate. But truthfully they are just doing you damage. They are not doing you any favours. I use to tell them not to click on ads. I prefer not to have the money.

I don't say that I earn per click now, I just say that I earn per sale. I have to sell products to earn a commission.

john269, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  10. cafinater

cafinater Peon

Best Answers:
    Good answer. It's a strange situation, not really knowing for certain if you will actually get the Google money till it is in your account.

cafinater, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  11. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you will get your account back, but not you money, which seems odd, because that would be suggesting you havn't done anything, they havn't even bothered to "investigate" you.
    my mate got his account back, even though he hadn't done anything wrong, then they "investigated" his account, probably realised that it wasn't him doing anything, then kept the money.

urbanstereotype, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  12. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    I still haven't received any answer to my mails.

Cristian Mezei, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  13. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Damn!!!! Sorry to hear it dude....

I am totaly shocked and now I feel insecure, I always thought that this kind of stuffs happend to newbies only. I am very keen to know how this matter goes further.
    I wish you all the best for proceedings, and wish that you'll get reinstated very soon.

virtual.dedicatedplace.com is not even a exsiting host. But dedicatedplace.com offers manged dedicated servers, is it a possibilty that one of your enemies/competitors is using a virtual host just to attack your site??
    can you track the visit path of that particular IP??

The Webmaster, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  14. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe they're reviewing your case.
    I sent them an email regarding click bombing and i get an reply on the next day! ;)
    Best of luck :)

Jarodboy, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  15. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Will get on that now.

16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    There have been 3 people in this forum alone (that I know of) that were over 5k a month that got suspended....Of course they all got reinstated along with 99% of their earned funds (The 1% being the fraduluant funds that weren't their fault)

yfs1, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  17. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Nice info Yfs .. Thanks man. I feel even more confident now, that this issue will resolve itself.

18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Have you emailed them every day (no legal threats, just "follow up")?

One of the people I am alluding to in the "ban club" probably has one of the most popular threads here ever :D

yfs1, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  19. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Every day ? No :(

I e-mailed them 2 replies to the e-mail o got the info from, and I also sent a message trough the proper web form, all 3 actions in the same day ..

Should I mail them again ? Someone recommended this too.. It's just that I don't want to appear as a spammer, bombarding them with e-mails.

20. yfs1

Best Answers:
    There isn't neccesarily a right or wrong way but my advice is here

Its worked for almost everyone I have helped (that I know of)

yfs1, Jun 28, 2006 IP