1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ads pending review over a week now

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by josh88, Jan 29, 2009.

anyone can help in this?

still "pending review" on the ads i created...

TY

josh88, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  2. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    We're all in the same boat. Weight doesn't update anymore either. Its like the whole ad network is shutting down. Hope they don't shut it down completely...

hasen, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    What's your coop name? I'll check to see where in the queue you are.

ViciousSummer, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you the one who approves the pending ads or something? If you do know anything then can you tell me why weight does not update anymore? Its been stuck at the same value for two weeks or more now. For me all my sites used to change daily when I clicked 'Validate/Calculate Weight Now' or at least it would update every few days or a week automatically.

hasen, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  5. josh88

josh88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ViciousSummer's are you a mod here?

josh88, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  6. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    No, I'm just psychic :rolleyes:

It updates. Your site is automatically revalidated/updated daily, so sitting there clicking "update" manually everyday probably won't show you a whole lot of difference. If something used to happen and that has changed, then something in the algo (probably related to Googles algo) has possibly changed.

ViciousSummer, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  7. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    No it doesn't update whether I click update or wait or whatever I do. Its stuck at exactly the same figure and has been since around 15th January. I'm not the only one in this situation, I think you'll find no-one's weight ever changes anymore. At the very least it should change weekly but it hasn't changed one single point for ages now. I have 350,000+ weight.

Also the graphs of impressions to my site ads have not been updated either. They only show dates prior to 15th January. Its not a problem with Google, its definitely a problem with the co-op.

Clearly weight does update but it does not update within my account so I have no idea what it actually is in my account or any of my many accounts.

Also it can't be a coincidence that everyone's ads are pending now. The posts are all over the place here. They literally never get approved. There's definitely a lot of a problems so please if you do have any control or input with the co-op ad network, please look into it or let the relevant people know. Thanks.

hasen, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  8. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know what to tell you since you seem to know a lot about everyone elses situation. My weight updates just fine. I updated it today for you and it went from 17K to 22K.

My graphs are working perfectly. So, that would point to one thing: It's not a problem with a coop, it's a problem with your website. Perhaps you should think back to around January 15th and figure out what happened to or what was changed on your website.

How is it that you know that "everyone's" ads are pending now"?. Because that's not true. Coop ads are rarely approved the same day, so the fact that some ads have been pending over a week isn't unusual or a big deal. The coop is a free service and the people approving the ads are volunteers. Each ad is hand reviewed (we actually visit the website and make sure that it is suitable to be included in the network so you don't end up with shady links on your website) and there are probably over a thousand ads pending in the queue (in several different languages). If you feel that the coop has a lot of problems, then I would quit using it :D.

ViciousSummer, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  9. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    If you check this forum you'll see that there are loads of threads about ads pending for weeks. That doesn't usually happen.
    It can't be a problem with my website's weight not updating because I have about 50 websites in the co-op and none of their weight updates. I have referral weight too and that never changes either so their accounts can't be updating. If your weight really updates then can you tell me if you use an Ajax API? That's what I use for all my sites. I registered a separate one for each site individually and added it into the co-op.

Can you show me a screenshot of your ads impressions graph dated after January 16th? I checked all my graphs and none of them are dated after January 15th. How could something about my websites affect the impressions graphs??

If its possible, I'll volunteer to help approve the ads. Not 'cos I want to approve my own, I only have one pending anyway. I just want to help out with this tool 'cos its something I use a lot.

hasen, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  10. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    You consider 2 threads on the 1st page regarding pending ads (one for 6 days and one for 2 days) "loads"? Really? And, all of those peoples ads have since been approved. You still havn't given me your coop name so I can't check where in the queue you are, so who knows if your ads are even pending to begin with. I'm pretty sure I've cleared out anything older then a week (in English at least, Spanish is next).

Yes, actually it can be a problem with your websites. NO ONE else is having the problems you are experiencing. Not a single thread about weight/graphs not updating.

Honestly, not to be a bitch, but I don't have any interest in wasting my time trying to prove to you that my weight/graphs update. If you don't believe me, I really don't care. I do think it's funny though :p. Yes, I use a Google API.

If something is messed up with your coop code, you probably arn't getting any impressions to report upon.

ViciousSummer, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  11. josh88

josh88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no, you have not clear, my ads are still on pending and weight is still 0, i also sent you a pm with my user name. thanks....

josh88, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  12. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Yes, yes I have. You have no ads pending in the queue. And if your weight is zero, having approved ads are not going to do you any good. You'll need to be patient and wait until you have weight to begin with.

13. josh88

josh88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vicious i have 2 ads that i created pending review, i just checked again to be sure, maybe i should create the again? since i changed the url of the main site,and not validated it, and then return to the site i want to promote, and validate it, should i remove the ads and create new ones?

josh88, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  14. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    Clearly you haven't cleared them all in English 'cos mine and Josh88's have not been approved for a start. Proving without a doubt that there IS a problem. Also I talked to someone by private message who has a lot of weight in the co-op and he said his weight hasn't updated since the 16th January.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. If my account says 350,000 weight but I'm not getting any impressions you don't think that's a problem?? Even if I AM getting 0 impressions it should still update to say ZERO impressions but the dates never change.

If I go to create co-op account code it says the code last updated 2006 so I don't see how it could have changed since I implemented it and the ads are certainly running on my sites.

I never set out for this to be an argument so I don't see why you're trying to make it into one. I'm just stating my problem and others seem to have the same problem. All I wanted was for you to listen to our problems rather than simply dismiss them.

hasen, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  15. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    For a start you and Josh88 don't have ANY ads pending in the queue (at least under the names you PMed me). Post or email me a screenshot of your pending ads.

Well I'm sorry that you think that anything other then what you perceive to be the problem is ridiculous. I'm fine with that, but don't ask for help or bitch about something that isn't the problem if you arn't willing to accept the truth.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm simply telling you that the coop is not broken and you are just not having it. I still don't see anyone else having any of the problems that you are having, so what exactly am I suppose to do? Fixing something that isn't broken is impossible. You keep talking about all these other people having the same problems as you, but there are NO OTHER POSTS here indicating that ANYONE other then YOU is having a problem with weight/stats.

16. josh88

josh88 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i created now another 2 ads, pls try to confirm them and let me know
    TY

josh88, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  17. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    We DO have pending ads. There is obviously a problem making you see no pending ads when there actually are. Or you are approving them but they're not getting approved. I PM'ed you proof of my pending ad. I hope finally you can start believing me...

hasen, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  18. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    The only problem here is that neither of you know what your coop user names are, which makes it impossible for me to look up your pending ad. :rolleyes:

Hasen - Like I mentioned to you, there are over a hundred people in front of your pending ad. If you've been waiting a week, you'll probably be waiting another week, so be patient

Josh88 - I have an idea of what your coop name is, and it's not what you told me. If it's "Joseph", then you have about 50 people in front of you.

19. hasen

hasen Peon

Best Answers:
    I gave you my username, what you wanted was my contact name. Anyway, that was never my biggest problem anyway. What about the fact I have had no ad impressions recorded in the graphs since Jan 15th even though I have 367,000 weight? Not to mention that my weight never changes anymore. It should at least update once per week on at least one site.

hasen, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  20. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Ah. My bad, I thought usernames were what the ads were listed under.

Any who. I don't know what's up with your website. All I can tell you is that the coop/weight/graphs work perfectly fine for me and I have not seen one other complaint about the problem that you are experiencing. Therefore, the problem would lie on your end, not with the coop.