1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense account terminated for invalid clicks

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Cristian Mezei, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Amazing!
    Didn't knew that Google had this appeal! :eek:

Jarodboy, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  2. BNix

BNix Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you'll get reinstate asap , Google might be evil now

Arghh , I always email google when my friend say "I'll make your acct banned !"

I agree with you , tushyguy. When they found some abnormal traffic , the answer is ban first

BNix, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  3. AdsenseAddict

AdsenseAddict Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope you get your account back man.

AdsenseAddict, Jun 27, 2006 IP
    Canadianbacon likes this.
  4. Megafu

Megafu Peon

Best Answers:
    wo0ow... that sucks ... if you dont get your account back .... go to the US and sue them! :p

Good luck with that

Megafu, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  5. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    Expertu, I am sorry. It's very tough because we can't control those.

If you believe you didn't do anything wrong. Keep email them and offer to give all evident you have.

This email was the email I scare I will got one (only the reason click attack if it could be) I try to contact them all the time when I saw something weird happen.

Cheers!

tonyinabox, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  6. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should start your own thread instead of hijacking Expertu's thread.

Tyler Banfield, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  7. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ouch, very sorry to hear about that expertu :(

I've seen lots of stories about people getting banned and then either getting back into adsense, or not, but the only thing is to prove something to them you need facts. collect your stats, logs..

Most likely you were hit by a click bot, or someone who doesn't like you (?) and did something nasty things with your code..

Anyway, adsense most likely won't tell you which site generated the fraudulent clicks, or how they found it etc. so the best you can do is probably to check all your logs and see if you can figure out something.
    send them emails all the time, show them screenshots of your logs etc.
    They never just ban, they must have found a good reason, try to remember if you had any sudden increases in ctr, cpc, impressions..

I just want to ask you few things

1. have you got any warnings before from adsense? I know I got a few long time ago, but I fixed all the stuff. So that might help.

2. how big was your income on that account? is it 1,2,3,4 or more figures a day..?

I've heard a strange theory that they don't ban those who earn them good money heh jk :p

good luck mate :)

DomainMagnate, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  8. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    also it might be that your account, or one of your sites is related to an account that was previously banned for clickfraud, so check if you put adsense on any new domains that might have had some bad history..

9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is that Expertu is the victim of the same douche bag that stole his content. Kids like that are petty and vindictive. All he'll need is to get two or three friends together and attack your site by clicking endlessly. Check the stats for the site where he stole your content from. He obviously knows all about Adsense, and all about that site.

jackburton2006, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  10. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:

If I were you I would take my time and write out a detailed email providing as much information as possible.... whatever it is that you do have..... Then copy that email to atleast 3 google addresses including the one that sent you.... In my experience, the fastest I have every recieved an email from google is about 24 hours...... maybe a little longer, but that is the best you can do at this point and just hope for the best.

clasione, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  11. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    you can just reply to it, they'll get it, no need to spam them lol

12. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes .. I replied to the e-mail I got AND I sent a message trough that form.

No .. But I am sure that this is just a misunderstanding, or temporary block ..

Cristian Mezei, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  13. Canadianbacon

Canadianbacon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not too long ago i had a business accunt shut down.

One day i noticed a huge amount of clicks on one of my forums. As soon as i noticed, i emailed google to notify them that i had nothing to to do with it.

Two days later they sent me an email notifying me that the account has been deactivated.

I filed out the appeal form and notified them it was "me" who told them about the irregular clicks.

Two weeks later they sent an email saying the account has bee re-activated that to thank me for clearing up the issue.

If you did nothing wrong, you should stand a good chance getting your account back,

Cheers

Canadianbacon, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  14. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nope..

Nope ..

And i won't get into that "premium advertisers get extra treatment".. It's not proveable.

I can't know that .. but anyway, it wasn't me ..

I think i sent all the messages to the right addresses.. What do you mean by "Then copy that email to atleast 3 google addresses" ? I don't want to spam them with my request .. I think my message arrived at the e-mails it should have arrived though..

Cristian Mezei, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  15. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    This is strange! Like others have said, you'll probably get your account back.

Daniel Malone, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  16. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Replying to something like this is like directory submission. Do it right, and do it once. The last thing you want is to rankle them by spamming them. Google seriously need to address this problem of click fraud, yet they don't. it would be simple to remove false clicks, and simply make them not count. They have the IP address of the cuprit, how easy an excercise would it be to check if that IP has a Google account? Many people now have static IP's.

They could turn this around and punish the people who try to punish you! Either way they are going to have to sort this or face publishers leaving in droves for Yahoo! MSN etc.

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  17. urbanstereotype

urbanstereotype Peon

Best Answers:
    that same email was sent to my friend, just before payday. google arn't nice people.

i feel really sorry for you mate.

p.s. after lots of emails he got his account back, you wont get your money thought.

urbanstereotype, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  18. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't think Expertu will get his money?

Daniel Malone, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  19. Andy-V

Andy-V Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never known anyone to get their account back and get their money aswell. They usually start you back with exactly $0.

Andy-V, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  20. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing you have to remember about Google is that they are a big corporation, and one or two or a half dozen email won't do it. You need to email them EVERY DAY about this situation. And always, maintain your composure, always approach it with a business-like attitude, and explain the situation.

"Recently I received an email stating invalid clicks..." etc. Alway start out with this, and explain your situation. What's happened. What you BELIEVE to have happened, etc. Offer to send them your logs, etc.

It is important to continue to email them every day, to every email you can find for their Support. Sooner or later, you will reach the right person.

jackburton2006, Jun 27, 2006 IP