1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to start an affilate program

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by mnymkr, Jan 28, 2009.

How hard is it to start your own affiliate program?

What sort of software do I need

mnymkr, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  2. miakiru

miakiru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have anything to sell and you want to start an affiliate program? It's going to be damn near impossible, that's how hard.

If you have an e-book or something of that nature, you're probably better off starting with something like ClickBank. If you have a different kind of product, especially a physical product, you're going to need to set up your own professional looking website, with an affiliates area, with a script that tracks who sent visitors and automatically deposits a commission into your affiliates' earnings area, where they'll be able to request you send it to their paypal/alertpay/via cheque.

You'll probably want to hire a programmer. I'm sure people on DP have good affiliate scripts for sale. ;)

miakiru, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  3. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    where do you get I have nothing to sell. I have plenty to sell.

mnymkr, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  4. livinglegendent

livinglegendent Peon

Best Answers:
    While researching for my own affiliate program I came across idevaffiliate.com. I havent purchased their product..yet...but this would be the one I would use if that helps.

livinglegendent, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  5. garfieldgates

garfieldgates Peon

Best Answers:
    There are various softwares and scripts available much like CJ available if you have some cash. From there, I would expect that you would need to contact a bunch of incs and convince them that your affiliate base is good enough and big enough to make significant sales for them.

garfieldgates, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  6. asr_guy

asr_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey mnymkr there's a ton of options available.

You'll need a strategy, some software, processes for recruiting, hiring, firing, motivating people (or outsource the management), and products that convert.

Cheers.

asr_guy, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  7. miakiru

miakiru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought by "what sort of software do I need" you mean you didn't have anything for people to market ^^;

My bad!

miakiru, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  8. tookmedia

tookmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    do you mean you want to start your own affiliate network (like clickbank, commission junction, copeac, hydra, cx-digital, marketleverage, etc. etc.) or you have a product itself which you want to have affiliates sell for you?

Two entirely different things with entirely different levels of probability....

tookmedia, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  9. earnnetwealth

earnnetwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, take my advice on this one.

You can be set up with your own affiliate program for as little as $24.95 per Month.

Just go to This Web Site

If you know anything about Cpanel, PHP, and MySQL, you can set it up very easily.

If not, you can have it set up for you for a little extra.

The software tracks every sale, tells you who to pay and when, can be used with multiple payment processors, can be customized to your web site, and you can even track traffic. The total package for affiliate software.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

earnnetwealth, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  10. skbcabey

skbcabey Member

Best Answers:
    you could check clickbank... but i have a php script that allows you to run your own affiliate program

skbcabey, Jan 30, 2009 IP