1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to send 100,000's of emails within a day or week?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mjgiorgianni, Jan 27, 2009.

How is this done. I'm a beginner to the bulk or mass mailing realm and I've heard tons of ways do do it. So far I've come up with the conclusion I can't use my own servers otherwise they will get blacklisted?

I need to use alternating ip's and designated servers specifically for this task. Although I don't know the resources nor how to find how to do this.

Is there anyone that can list steps on how to achieve this goal? Any kind of program to use and if so what kind of servers to use?

Thanks!

mjgiorgianni, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  2. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Steps to do it are simple:

1) Get a good server
    2) Get a good enterprise level email marketing program
    3) Import you list of scraped email addresses
    4) Send millions of spam to said email addresses
    5) Get the IP of your server blacklisted
    6) Get your hosting cancelled for spamming
    7) Get your lawyer on the phone to defend you agains the multi million $ lawsuit that will rain down upon you
    8) Make friends with your cell mate, he's going to be your good buddy for a long time.

Christian Little, Jan 27, 2009 IP
    sarahk, Spoiltdiva and TomR like this.
  3. mjgiorgianni

mjgiorgianni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's funny but not very helpful. Why would you spend that much time to right that kind of email? This is supposed to be a helpful forum. Leave your UN-Helpful ideas to yourself. I'm trying to find out how people are doing this.

There are ways to email and certain regulations you can follow without considering it to be spam and I plan on doing everything legit.

4. Kush

Kush Active Member

Best Answers:
    A legitimate spammer, haven't heard that one before... lol

Do me a favor and keep me off your "legit" list.

Kush, Jan 27, 2009 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    Wow, didn't know I was going to "Push some buttons"! I just wanted to know how these people do it. I guess I thought if you follow the rules "Can-Spam Act" you would be ok.

6. dreadman

dreadman Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you are looking for an mass mailer like worldcast

it should get the job done .

dreadman, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  7. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Well let's see here, you came here asking how to send hundreds of thousands of email without getting caught/blacklisted. What kind of response did you think you would get? If you want to do this kind of crap, go to a blackhat forum there will be people there to help you.

It's obvious you are planning to spam. If you had actually collected 100,000+ emails legitmately and legally, then you wouldn't be asking this question in the first place as you would need a stable platform to handle that kind of subscription base.

8. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    I bought these, obviously it probably wasn't the best decision. I was told you can do this legally if you follow the can-spam act. Is this correct?

Is it against the law to purchase emails from someone's database or website?

9. OxygenUser

OxygenUser Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not illegal to buy them. But it is illegal to send them ANY emails because you do not have a prior relationship with them. Hence you are sending spam. What you should have done was have the person with whom you purchased them from send them an email promoting your product or a free resource from you. Once you have done that then capture thier information on a squeeze page. Now you have a prior relationship with them and can send them emails legally.

OxygenUser, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  10. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    They do have this option, I guess this might be the best way to go about this? It just cost more than I would like to spend, but I guess I need to protect myself.

11. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of asking people if it follows the CANSPAM Act, check yourself: http://www.ftc.gov/spam/

You bought a list of email addresses (I'll bet you 99% of them are fake/scraped). I would guess you paid somewhere between $10 and $100 for the list right? Even at $100 that means you're paying $1 for 1,000 email addresses - now think about what kind of quality you can expect from something like that.

What market is this list for? Where did you buy it from? I can probably give you more input regarding legality if I see who sold you the list in the first place.

12. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find free mail services like yahoo google and msn and start making free e mail account and you can achieve your target within a week.........good luck.........hey you have lot of good methods why don,t go for them......don't waste your time

hurn1, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  13. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

This is by far the best answer.

Can the OP make money with a purchased list of a million addresses? Yes. Probably about the same as someone with a real list of 1,000. But you can't do it month after month like a real business.

You're starting with the wrong set of principles... what value are you adding to these people's lives? You can send 'em an Affiliate link - and with a million junk addresses, you should get a thousand or two opens... and since it's completely untargeted, you'll make a few sales...

There are many excellent ways to earn money online - but if you try to approach it like a thief, rather than like a new businessman building a real business - you're doomed to failure.

You're getting good advice here, just not the advice you hoped you'd hear. The actual text of the law can be found here: http://www.legalarchiver.org/cs.htm

Wikipedia gives a good overview of the law.

Khadaji, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  14. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many laws and legislation involved that it's just not worth you doing. That's why you hire a legitimate company that follows these laws and legislation to do it for you! We use DirectMail for bulk emailing. Their service is great and they offer you analytics such as how many opened, how many clicked a link, how many bounced, how many got marked as spam. All worth knowing in order to improve your marketing techniques.

scottlpool2003, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  15. mjgiorgianni

Best Answers:
    what's a cheap price?

mjgiorgianni, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  16. blackhatbots

blackhatbots Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Demo:

blackhatbots, Dec 8, 2013 IP
  17. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Most Autoresponders max out at 100,000 Subscribers, So dependent on your email list size you will need to get a few different autoresponders

Michael Mayer, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  18. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Spamming (bulk email to non-opt-in customers) was a problem in the late 90s. 15 years later there has been great improvements to stop spammers. Email providers use algorithms based on content, ip, email address, user reporting (spam button), and even bounce rate on email delivery. Back in 1995 you could send 100 random emails and have 90 of them read. In 2013 you send 10,000 emails and only have 30 people open it. Heck...you can send your own closest relatives an email today and they won't even bother reading it.

Bulk email is not effective anymore. My 90 year old grandmother has never used a computer before but she knows what "the spam" is.

NetStar, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  19. drakzor

drakzor Active Member

Best Answers:
    start with a cheap and powerfull VPS (burst.net) you ,ight not be able to send 100,000 mail in a day, but that get you started at least

drakzor, Dec 14, 2013 IP
  20. Julie Anne

Julie Anne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Usually, the only way to gather leads is through your own effort and hard work. This takes time and money. The key here is the people who get your emails must know who you are from or it's considered spam.

Julie Anne, Dec 15, 2013 IP