1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get traffic for Parked domains?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by The Webmaster, Sep 2, 2005.

I have a domain parked but the monthly unique visitors are very less as i am not promoting that domain.
    how can i get traffic for that domain? as it is parked i cant Optimize it for search engines. ne ideas?

The Webmaster, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  2. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    build a site then take it down. buy links.

AfterHim.com, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    why wud i take it down if I build a site for it??
    lol no actually i dont have time to build a site for that domain thats why i parked it. neway thanks Afterhim

4. odditysoftware

odditysoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    you can buy bulk popup/popunder traffic.... it's cheap, but typically has low conversion rates.

odditysoftware, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  5. petertdavis

petertdavis Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to create traffic for a parked domain? The reason people park domains is to take advantage of traffic already going to the domain.

petertdavis, Sep 2, 2005 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Most of the parking sites don't allow you to send traffic to your page

fryman, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Actually i have booked this domain for one of my client but l8r on he dint show the intrest. so i have no use of this domain. i have no idea about the content so i cant make a website for it, that why I parked it @sedo for sell!!
    i was wondering how ppl able to make money from parked domains that y I asked.
    not a big issue

8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    They make money from the type-ins that bring people to their page and click on their ads. But they only make a few dollars each month, the way domainers make money is by parking 100s of domains... a few dollars multiplied by hundreds of domains makes a nice amount each month

fryman, Sep 2, 2005 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I see......not my cup of tea. neway thanks

10. monRa

monRa Peon

Best Answers:
    Just sell the domain,
    i don't see any other ptential

monRa, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  11. tandac

tandac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better yet sell the domain and use the money to buy a dictionary. :)

tandac, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  12. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    huh?

will see if i get someone to buy it. I dont think domain worths much.

The Webmaster, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Dude you park a domain as it should already have existing traffic, otherwise what's the point of it?

dcristo, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  14. LolaLovesTravel

LolaLovesTravel Peon

Best Answers:
    tandac.....thank's for a good laugh!

I have 200 domains that I have accumulated over the years with my hairbrain ideas! I only built websites for about a dozen of them. Of the ones I parked (parked about 188 of them) two of them were sites that I had built. Those two get by far the most amount of traffic...well pretty much they get the only traffic. I am wondering though, can the traffic increase in time as the sites sit parked? I get a few hits on domains that I had just purchased and there were never websites built for it. It always amazes me when someone actually finds one of these parked domains. I look at the traffic analyzer, but can't really figure out how they found it. Luckily one of the two sites that I parked that was previously a website gets clicks at from 1.50 to 2.00 each. Yesterday I made 7.00 in one day on that site alone. Man...I wish every day was like that. Today I made .20 total.

lolalovestravel

LolaLovesTravel, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  15. suraja

suraja Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you consider to buy traffic with high conversion rate?

suraja, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  16. JakeCohen

JakeCohen Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay Seriously, Enough Of You Outsourced Noobs. Don't Ask Stupid Questions Like These That Have Already Been Answered Thousands Of Times. Jeez.

JakeCohen, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  17. thegotoguy

thegotoguy Peon

Best Answers:
    What about buying a domain name to park it for the type in traffic? Lets say I sell a product and buy a half a dozen domain names to park. The names of the domains are made out of the most relevant keywords for the content and product types advertised on my landing page. So isn't it obvious that it should help increase the traffic of the landing page? By the way all of my redirects that open my site show the landing page url after loading and not the parked name. Any ideas? I have been wondering about this..

thegotoguy, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  18. alifahru

alifahru Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not yet try getting traffic from parkdomain. is it work?

alifahru, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  19. globalcashsite

globalcashsite Peon

Best Answers:
    I have few domains that I parked. Earlier I was using these domain links in my signature of forum and I posted extra on forums and I earned around 50+$ during 1-2 months. But later I removed links from my signature because that might against domain parking rules. I parked both domains on 2 different companies. namedrive dot com and sedo dot com.

Then I find another way to promote these domains that built a website for real products and then among those pages add your parked domain names (not links). Visit my site globalcashsite dot net and you will see three domain names under top menu and if you click Useful site links then you will see park domains. I did not add links (that will be against parking policies) I typed names. So if someone will be interested they will cut and paste domain name and visit site.

So idea is if I bring 1000 unique visitors daily for my other products (not for visiting parked domains) then might be 10% of them visit my park domains but cut and paste domain name links. And if 10% of all who visit park domains click on few links then I can make good regular income just by adding domain names to established website. So for 1000 unique visitors if only 10 clicks on your park domains link then you can easily make 5$-10$ daily. But if you create full page of your parked domain with information like I did "Useful Sites" then chances are higher. Let's say you have 50 domains then create categories and show some word about links of that parked domains. Mostly newbies don't understand and they just click on links like I did this when I was new to domain parking. :D Using this idea for 50-100 domains can bring around 100$ daily. And once my site is established I will must do this in future.

My site is still under constructions so right now I am moving things here and there but you can see my idea. o

Next you can also use parked domain name in your signature, it means don't create click able link and just type name. If someone will be interested he will copy and paste your domain name and will visit. :)

MCS

globalcashsite, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  20. soundingloud

soundingloud Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info mate ! :)

soundingloud, Apr 21, 2010 IP