1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Most Submissions Are Rejected By DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by frederrick, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I did quote someone who said they cared?

And when I asked you if you cared you said you did crossword puzzles...

Qryztufre, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

What is a four letter word for outdated human edited online directory whose mission has fallen off the tracks?

joeventura, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Sigh. Let me spell it out for you.
    Each of the editors who has posted here has explained very clearly (to those who bother to read their posts) that they care about building and maintaining the directory.

That is why we have chosen this as one of our hobbies. We are allowed to choose our hobbies, aren't we? And we can spend as much or as little time on them as we feel like, yes?

For heaven's sake, why would we spend so much of our free time doing something we didn't care about? You'd have to joking (or dim) to suggest otherwise.
    So yes indeed, we all care a lot about the directory.

But we do not care about people who only want to get their sites listed, people who are interested only in their own profits, or people who want to complain about why the directory is not what they want it to be.

So please, if we take the time to write something here, at least have the courtesy to read it properly, rather than just plucking out random phrases which suit your own purpose.

makrhod, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  4. joeventura

Best Answers:
    Yes really while I enjoyed the joke, clearly Qryztufre it was a real stretch with the crossword puzzle reference. You are just going out of your way to be a real chucklehead.

5. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    So you care so much about it that you don't let anyone else touch it or change anything? :D

Oh, I get it now, sorry to have bothered you I promise never to visit DMOZ ever again and tell everyone else to stay as far as possible so they don't accidentally brake something. ;)

Ivan Bajlo, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  6. joeventura

Best Answers:
    Wow really?

I am as little a fan of DMOZ as the next guy but you guys are really getting personal and childlike.

robjones likes this.
  7. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it gets personal when somebody start making up BS evidence behind my back, removes me and now all my work at DMOZ has gone to waste since nobody maintains my former categories - now I'm sorry for cleaning all those links from wikipedia and replacing them with single link to DMOZ which now goes to dead categories.

As long as I keep getting at lest one meta angry and save some poor soul from falling to DMOZ propaganda and going through my editor experience it is worth it.

8. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This post was about "Why Most Submissions Are Rejected By DMOZ" why do you and a few other former editors keep bringing this crap up. all you do is post the same old nonsene over and over again, yet, you and a few others think something will change.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Caesar1, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  9. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread started back in 2007, expecting forum threads to keep on topic for two years is like expecting to get listed at DMOZ in few hours. :D

And to get back to original topic most submission aren't rejected they just remain unreviewed because metas are more interested in removing editors then in raising editor numbers and helping newbies which should be their primary role instead of acting like police.

Nope, I'm just being annoying until truth comes out.

10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. OK, dammit, I'll spill. The truth is the arguing in here is a huge waste of time.

robjones, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  11. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I ain't married, divorced, don't have kids yet, not even girlfriend so plenty of time to waste... (hint to metas: invitation to Playboy mansion could get me busy next 40 years). :D

12. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    JUST ABOUT EVERY TOPIC IS LIKE THIS

I think Meta editors want editors that put the directory interest ahead of anything else. some editors put their own interest ahead of the directory and were removed, now they post BS over and over again thinking it will change:eek:

I suggest you get some professional help then, nothing is going to change.

Caesar1, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  13. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it is since there is nobody else left in DMOZ forum but us. :p

So when will metas remove themselves?

Do you have evidence to collaborate your charges? Or you are not better then metas who have no moral dilemas about prosecuting people behind their back based on zero evidence and never giving them a chance to respond to accusations?

Freedom of speech is still part of US constitution and this forum is located in US so only one who can kick me off this forum is its owner - DMOZ metas have no jurisdiction here but I have no doubt they would love to have control and delete anything they don't like as they do in some other forums.

14. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    What?

Why would metas want to remove themselves? most of them do put the interest in the directory ahead of anything else for free.

I think the DMOZ Directory is based in America and they do have the right to remove bad editors as they see fit.

Caesar1, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  15. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well im quite sure that any visitors to this forum will recognize instantly, any posts from "certain ex - editors", as being exactly what they are. ;) In simple terms, manipulative, repetitive and deceptive.

There is no need to try and twist my words out of context, they were quite plain and im very confident that anyone reading the thread, knows and understands exatly what i meant, when i made my statements. It really is quite sad that this happens in every single thread, time and time again.

snooks, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  16. pratik2605

pratik2605 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how to get listed in Dmoz,pls tell me the full procedure to get listed your website in DMOZ directory

pratik2605, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  17. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen some very bad admins at Croatian wikipedia who got into their head that everything would fall apart if they don't continue doing something which usually does more damage then good and several hard working editor which have literally wrote hundreds of first class articles from scratch either quit or moved to English wiki where admins are actually helpful instead treating everyone like vandals and are constantly looking for a way to limit their workload by simply locking and deleting articles.

And that is wiki very nothing is hidden, now how things work in meta community we can only guess since nobody other then meta has access to it but I would seriously doubt integrity of community which answers to nobody but themselves and keeps everything it does so confidential that your not even allowed to see evidence against you or know reason why they removed you!

They remove any editor good or bad as they see fit, that is the problem!

Usually in America people have the right to see evidence brought against them and say their defense before sentencing which depends on the seriousness of the crime committed, usually you don't get same penalty for littering and murder, I use to live in communism and person had more rights then DMOZ editor. :p

You mean metas have show single piece of evidence against us? Only ones who are manipulative, repetitive and deceptive are metas and their lackeys who refuse to show any trace of evidence of crimes for which we get accused.

From my experience at DMOZ it won't take long for metas to remove you too for some reason which is only understandable to them.

Of course it does since your claiming things which you have no evidence to support them, you people say there is no evidence of corruption and I say there is no evidence that I was a bad editor... feel free to check my logs in case your scared to look at them inside DMOZ since metas might be watching.

Ivan Bajlo, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    The directory is there for the end user, and while the editors are the ones that build it, and while they may enjoy building it, they are building it for themselves and NOT the end user. If they do not care about the end user, or who actually looks at their own collection, then they are NOT building it for who it is meant for. So no, I am not a joke, and it was not a real stretch on the crossword reference, I asked if she cared and her next post was about crosswords.....

Qryztufre, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  19. jaseenoor

jaseenoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is one of the best in the Business. You have to work hard to get noticed. Their procedure is very hard and time consuming. If you get yourself okayed by dmoz you have very positive backlink which all search engines value. We cannot ignore dmoz. we have to keep on trying to get us noticed.

jaseenoor, Jan 22, 2009 IP
  20. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Many search engines used to populate their searches with ODP data and proudly did so. That is really no longer the case, as if you look at today's search engines it's hard to find a DMOZ reference on any of their pages.

In fact, at one time, one of the only ways to get a listing on many search engines was to have a listing on the ODP, now that is FAR from needed, as if we still needed to get a listing to make it into the SERP at all, there would not be many listings at all... Google even recently removed their recommendation to suggest your site to DMOZ, so they can't hold it in that high of a regard. Yeah, they have their own clone of the directory, but they have also gone a year or more before they bothered to update it...

So what value does a listing get you now? Not much more then a listing from any other directory...

Qryztufre, Jan 22, 2009 IP