1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which software you guys are using to design your website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by guptishika, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Weisus

Weisus Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that creating sites by hand would be the best option, but I just don't see the problem with using a program. I am currently teaching myself code and at this point, I can only create a very basic site on my own. But in the meantime I use CoffeeCup software-I can't see any harm in doing this, I know that some of you are purists and I hope to be as well someday, but in the interim, how could it hurt to use a WYSIWYG html editor, or a full Visual Site Designer? I did a review using the Visual Site Designer from CoffeeCup: CoffeeCup Review, what problems could I have with this page? It validates, will be indexed and is mappable with Google. If I am missing something crucial, please tell me.

-Weisus

Weisus, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  2. JohnEvan

JohnEvan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use dreamweaver and Adobe Flash.

I agree with innovati but sometimes for smooth graphics and its positioning and stuff, we do need these softwares, otherwise the site may look dull .

JohnEvan, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  3. web_deep

web_deep Banned

Best Answers:
    I think Dreamweaver is best because its show both outline code and design section

web_deep, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  4. Ali653

Ali653 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did use only Notepad++

Ali653, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  5. SeventhSin

SeventhSin Peon

Best Answers:
    i use adobe master collection 3 has everything you need.

SeventhSin, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  6. Sunlust

Sunlust Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aptana Studio for hand coding.

Sunlust, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  7. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only use Notepad. When I need images, I download (stole) them from the Internet, because I am not good at Photoshop.

ketting00, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  8. cryptic1001

cryptic1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's probably best to just start learning some html code and CSS because even with most of the free coding Apps. you will have to do some anyway, so you might as well just learn some and maybe use some free editor app. but the best in my mind is still Dreamweaver with PhotoShop. You get the best result in the end and you end up having a nicer looking website.

cryptic1001, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  9. anksrox

anksrox Peon

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress... Its easy and the best..

anksrox, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  10. newyears1978

newyears1978 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Notepad, Wordpad, Komposer..or Dreamweaver.

I like Dreamweaver because you can load up base templates and go from there so you dont have to hand code it every time..but to each his own.

newyears1978, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  11. Knewber

Knewber Peon

Best Answers:
    I urge you to learn html and css, at least so you can edit the code on your website and gain a basic knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes. But if you really want to go the SEO deficient, bulky code way then get KompoZer, or CoffeeCup free, or Dreamweaver if you have the money (or no morals and a torrent :)).

Knewber, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  12. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop CS4 + Fireworks CS4 + Dreamweaver Makes it perfect combination.

Oranges, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  13. mapAffiliation

mapAffiliation Peon

Best Answers:
    HomeSite for simple things and Eclipce in general

mapAffiliation, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  14. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I came to web design a year ago with no programming knowledge. I was given a very brief intro to Microsoft Expression. This gives you a dozen or so fully working templates to adapt. As you gain experience you can start changing colours pictures url addresses etc and can start learning the html and calling in scripts for fancy effects. Noadays I can design pretty flexible websites that don't look like templates.

jj1, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  15. -58-

-58- Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using photoshop and dreamweaver with some CoffeeCup software like their Web Form Builder and I've found it all to be quite straight forward. Check out some online tutorials for getting your photoshop files into dreamweaver and go from there. Unfortunately though Sensei is correct, you learn very little about coding, I wish I understood more.

-58-, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  16. WWPinoy

WWPinoy Member

Best Answers:
    I am mostly a writer, but I have done some development in the past and I am currently designing my own site now. I have found one thing quite interesting in these replies that I felt I had to state what I make use of.

For the coding I use Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 (I do not have enough memory to install CS3)

I have noticed though that a lot of people are using PhotoShop for graphics. Now personally, Photoshop is not an internet graphics editor and I will not use it nor will I even spend the time to learn it. I use Fireworks, it is more robust and for web development it is a must.

Things I can actively do with Fireworks that you cannot do with Photoshop:

Easy export to HTML, CSS and image slices. It is designed for designing websites.

Image optimization. While you can optimize and image in Photoshop really good, you cannot optimize it for web use unless you do not care about those potential visitors who use dial-up.

Fireworks can export the 8-bit PNG image which features alpha transparency. This is where all colors can be partially transparent versus the GIF index transparency in which a color is either visible or it is not. Why is this so important? Well because I do not need to hack the crap out of my CSS file using JavaScript in order to get Internet Explorer to recognize the alpha transparent PNG. If you use the Photoshop's PNG export, Older versions of IE will not show it correctly.

Plus I remember showing a friend of mine that what he needed 5 or so effects to achieve a result in Photoshop, I could do it in half the time using only 3 effects. My opinion is that Photoshop is for desktop publishing and not internet publishing.

Dreamweaver and Fireworks all the way.

-WorldWide

WWPinoy, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  17. nuttyprofessor

nuttyprofessor Peon

Best Answers:
    Front Page , Dream Weaver and for the text i use Boxer.......

nuttyprofessor, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  18. Knewber

Knewber Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds nice, and I never really thought of Fireworks. Do you know how much Dreamweaver and Fireworks retail for?

Knewber, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  19. WWPinoy

WWPinoy Member

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver's current release is CS4 marking version 10 of the program, of which the first 8 versions were developed under Macromedia, version 8 is still being supported through Adobe though.

Retails for $399

Fireworks has followed the same version outline as they were considered to be complimentary programs long before Adobe's acquisition of the technology. They were considered to be the yin and yang of web development with one covering coding and the other for graphical design.

Retails for $299

The Adobe CS, or Creative Suite is started off as image editing and came with only Adobe Bridge, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, as well as Adobe Version Cue in the first two versions, CS and CS2. Adobe acquired Macromedia in 2005 and made only Dreamweaver available in CS2.3 and it would not be until 2007 in CS3 that both Macromedia Technologies would be included.

My first program for web development other then notepad was Macromedia Studios MX.

CS4 Web Standard is $999 and comes with Dreamweaver, Flash Professional, Fireworks, Contibute, Adobe Bridge, Device Central as well as Version Cue.

Flash Professional alone will set you back $699

CS4 Web Premium is $1699 and the CS4 Master Suite goes for $2499 and has basically all of the Adobe products in one package. Keep in mind that while they say system requirements is only 512MB ram, it will not let me install anyone of the CS4 components unless I upgrade to 1GB ram.

-WorldWide

WWPinoy, Jan 16, 2009 IP
  20. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All the tools you suggested are good but the drawback is most of us can't afford to buy them :(

nhc1987, Jan 16, 2009 IP