1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Abit Stressed

Discussion in 'Payments' started by Therock41, Jun 22, 2006.

I got my adsense account in April 2004 and i have got checks for 100-500 dollars every month or 2 months for the last 2 years google has never emailed me , the checks allways come on time, but its june 22nd and i have earned about $700 this month allready. I think this is one of my bigest months, i think i will get in the $1200 range, my ctr is low but i am afraid i could get click attacked because allot of people say its happening and they get baned for invalid clicks. I am not sure if i should keep the ads up or take them down because i realy don't want to risk loosing this big amount money plus i have heard people geting baned if there earning go up, should i be worryed?

Therock41, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you didn't do anything wrong there's no reason to be worried. All the talk about "click attacks" is B.S. The vast, vast, VAST majority of people (say 99.99999) who gets banned did it to themselves. Unless you kicked someone's dog, burned down their house, and then run over their grandma, no one is going to sit there and click "attack" you all day to get you banned.

jackburton2006, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  3. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    unless its a disgruntled employee, former business partner, spouse etc

ColinR, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  4. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be worried. Sure, people get click attacked occasionally, but if it was such a big deal that it should scare people off, forums like these wouldn't be around. If you're super worried about people click attacking you, go download adlogger or something else that prevents repeated clicks from an IP. This isn't a cure all of course, as I'd recommend monitoring your logs and clicks as well, but it may give you some peace of mind.

Google doesn't ban people just because their earnings go up. Heck, my earnings the other day a while ago were 6x what they normally are, and I didn't suffer any consequences. What you want to be careful of is an overnight-ish massive increase in clicks or CTR overall...If this happens, whether from someone click-bombing or just from your site becoming more popular, contact google ASAP, letting them know the situation and offer to provide your logs as evidence. Chances are they will work with you, hopefully.

Overall, don't worry. There's lots of ways to get banned from the program, but there's also right ways to go about things so you don't have to worry every second about being banned.

Telmari, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  5. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Jack Burton, if you could take people out with a simple "click attack", it'd happen a whole lot more often. Most of the time it's usually some kid who's gotten his friends to click on all his ads every day until Google asks them why he's got a whole bunch of 90% CTR, no referrer clicks.

Do NOT think this way, if you're worried that you're going to lose your account because you've garnered a lot of profit... email Google your fears, they tend to respond extremely fast and will answer any of your questions. Hell, explain to them you've gotten a steady increase in traffic which has caused an increase in growth for you. With the money you're earning, you should be in steady contact with Google anyways.

Art, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  6. millst2

millst2 Guest

Best Answers:
    no i call BS on this also,, the people that click on their own ads and get caught will always cry foul or blame it on some other fictional crap they say to get a little comfort or support from people in here. If you had did nothing wrong then dont worry about it, if you did do something wrong and it is just your concious getting the better of you then look for alt methods of earning.

Not saying you did something wrong, I think if you are playing by the rules then you have nothing t worry about, and congrats on your adsense increase:)

Mill

millst2, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  7. Steamrailroading

Steamrailroading Guest

Best Answers:
    Well.....
    My account has been baned. (this is the second time (they reinstated it once) I am not clicking on ads. I am not haveing people click on ads. I have no "black hat" software. It has all been above board.

I have filed an appeal, but still have not heard from them.

So here I sit. My website was making a profit, but not making me rich. I go from them owing me ~$120 to being banned.

Amazon will still provide me enough to pay the Hosting bills, but it hardly seems worth the pain anymore.

I have no idea why they think there is fraud. If they would just give me an IP address I could ban it. But with no data from them......

Steamrailroading, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  8. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    If it was originating from 1 IP address, they could just ignore clicks from that particular IP. It seems like whatever got you banned was a lot more serious than that.

Even so, were you earning enough to have been of "value" to them? Did it take you 6 months to accrue that $120? Why were you banned initially? The second time could have been them catching up with the fact you have a second account.

Art, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  9. tschrock

tschrock Peon

Best Answers:
    I could name five people who might just hate me enough to write a program to smash one of my sites. But the bottom line is that a click attack would generate such a HUGE increase in clicks (like a 1000 or 2000% increase) that you would know something is going on. If that happens to you, then email Google immediately and send them copies of your logs so they can investigate.

BTW... What is your publisher ID? ;)

tschrock, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  10. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I received a "stop clicking your own ads, noob" mail from Google the other day. It turned out to be a friend that thought she was helping, but google's bots prolly noticed because I was only getting one or two clicks all day then fifty in a minute. So as long as your stats aren't doing that, then I'd say you're fine.

shamess, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  11. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think he was saying he was re-banned on his initial account, as it was banned once, then reinstated, then banned again.

Telmari, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  12. Steamrailroading

Steamrailroading Guest

Best Answers:
    Telmari hit it right on the head.

My account was banned about six months ago. I explained that I had no idea where the fraud clicks where comming from. I asked for the IP address of the clicks.

They said that they would not give me any information on it, but they did reinstate the account and paid me the total amount.

No clicks where removed from the payment. I tood that to mean that they decided they must not have been bad clicks after all.

Three months later I got another check. No problem.

Now I have gotten a banned e-mail again.

I was sent the e-mail about what to send to appeal the banning. I sent them the answers on 6/18, but still no reply.

Sould I email them again, or wait a few days?

I find this very stressful. I am thinking that if the account is reinstated and I get my money, I will still not put the ads back up. I think I will find a different ad program and be done with them.

Steamrailroading, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    She doesn't think too deeply then? I can't see how people can "miss" the obvious connection between ads and the people having to pay for the clicks. After all she knew you'd be paid - where did she think the money was coming from?

sarahk, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  14. shamess

shamess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never really told her about how Adsense works. Not everyone is web savvy that used the internet.

shamess, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's nothing to do with the internet. It's common sense. You don't steal from a shop just because you think your friend might like a present. Click fraud is no different.

sarahk, Jun 24, 2006 IP
  16. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If CTR is low ::: IF you ave large number of visitors ::: If you have never clicked your ads :::

I dont think there is any reason you will get banned bro just sit back relax and enjoy these $$$$

anurag_online, Jun 25, 2006 IP