1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how much do you make from your websites ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by revathychn, Jan 8, 2009.

I am from india
    I have been buying some sites on buy sell forum here
    I see many people talking of revenue of xx$ per month or per day & people make big bids

how much do you people make through websites
    I mean as a full time income whats a adequate income in usa ?

i have an adult site
    makes me 5000$ pm
    but still i find it tough some months due to my carloans & home loans

Just wanted to know the situation with other people

revathychn, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    $5000/month from 1 website is consider good.
    I only earn $30/month from my blog.
    For US,$10k/month will be consider sufficient for the medium scale family size consist of 3 member.

mentos, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  3. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

$10k 'sufficient'? Right. Where you hear that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

$10k/month is belonging to the *top*, meaning people who have rich lives, not 'sufficient'.

Kwaku, Jan 8, 2009 IP
    tradester likes this.
  4. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where in India you live though? $5k / month is a lot for India; I have a lot of friends in India living of $800-1000 / month and having rich lives (for their environment). If you are not dependent on your location for your income, why don't you move to some better (cheaper) spot in India?

Kwaku, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  5. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Peon

Best Answers:
    $5000 a month is good for the US and should be more then enough in India,
    maybe you need to work on your personal budget and spending habits!

Dreamerr, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  6. cupidsorchard

cupidsorchard Peon

Best Answers:
    500 dollars pm

cupidsorchard, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  7. czardomains

czardomains Banned

Best Answers:
    about USd 5-6K /mth

affiliates, google adsense and private advertising.

It is doable, take time and patience.
    Took me 3 freaking yrs to develop piece by piece, lots of trials and lots of errors, still learning the ropes.

do a lot of web /domain flips, check out on my uerid , czardomains dot com

czardomains, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  8. revathychn

revathychn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well thanks a lot !
    i guess its good money in india but i did take a lot of advances to buy a home and a car
    after all that well its not bad but i know i can get more
    i am targeting 10k +
    but in india doing adult is risky
    I asked because i just had a fantasy relocating to us or uk ( have many friends there ) & would 5k or 10k be good for a medium family of 4 2 parents 2 kids

revathychn, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  9. Nick Awkward

Nick Awkward Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with Kwaku and shifting in some big city will definitely bring drastic changes to your income...Wish you luck

Nick Awkward, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  10. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post.
    I always tot in any part of world especially developed countries, you would need around 3K per mth for a person to survive.
    The stats for US is not far off ..

The real median earnings of men who worked full time, year-round climbed between 2006 and 2007, from $43,460 to $45,113. For women, the corresponding increase was from $33,437 to $35,102.

Earnings for men, $3.7K and for women $2.9K so average $3.3K per mth per person. Presumably these earnings should reflect amount to survive well
    which is higher than the poverty line :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States

tradester, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  11. sarirejo

sarirejo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    US$ 5000 is rich guy!
    i wish i could make this web. very encouraging.

sarirejo, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  12. iemanja

iemanja Peon

Best Answers:
    i just started an ecommerce site. my first ecommerce site. id be really lucky to have 5k a month and happy! i live in asia and 5k here is a top executive's income and i mean top!

iemanja, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  13. revathychn

revathychn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm
    so maybe india is becoming a costly country or what !!

I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW MANY PEOPLE DO FULL TIME ONLINE SITES/JOBS
    IF SO WHAT REV WOULD THEY FEEL IS COMFORTABLE ?????

revathychn, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  14. coolguy6415

coolguy6415 Member

Best Answers:
    revathy if u r earning 5k us$ /month than u r making huge money in India....

if possible pls pm me the way u r making this much money i can only dream of this ...wish if u cud make it possible.

Thnkaing you

coolguy6415, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  15. draxima

draxima Active Member

Best Answers:
    1) Read on the boards
    2) Set aside money each month for your internet project
    3) Work
    4) Have patience
    5) Cash-in revenue and reinvest as much as possible into your project

draxima, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  16. extremehardware

extremehardware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ~$8K per month NET. No matter how much money you make, too much is never enough. As you make more money, your lifestyle changes and somehow you end up always wanting more.

Also, the Internet is not a full-time job for me. I spend maybe a hour or two a day working online, but it did take years to develop the empire, per say. You should always maintain/work towards a "real" job and/or career outside of the Internet, it's simply too risky and it's definitely not a long-term solution, it's only a means to an end. Internet will not always be the same as we currently see it... not to mention the risky and constantly fluctuating state of and, likewise, nature of the industry.

extremehardware, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  17. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Except if you, like hate 'real' jobs and careers, sitting in dreary offices with people telling you what to do. I did that for exactly 1 year when I was 15 (writing software); after that I immediately started working for myself. Having to go to an office, see my boss driving a Bentley while I am making that money (partly) for him to buy that, being some kind of slave. No thanks.

20 years later the 'things will not always be the same' seems quite untrue. At least from my perspective; if you can build something now, you can also build something new on the 'new' internet.

But I guess there is a (large) difference between 'job people' and 'entrepreneur people'. You seem to be a job person; you give the feeling that you think you 'build' something and that's it; let the revenue get in for the rest of your life. That's risky as hell indeed. But entrepreneurs don't work like that; they continuesly analyze and change their situation based on external parameters (for instance, the internet). Making it just as risky, but a lot more fun than having a 'career' (whatever that may mean).

And if you *have* a job/career, why don't you put that 8k 'extra' aside and save that to retire early?

Kwaku, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  18. extremehardware

extremehardware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who said anything about working in an office? If that's your definition of a "real" job, then I'd have to say you have quite a limited perspective of the working world. I'm currently studying to be a dentist, using the money I made from the Internet to pay for my own college. I will be my own boss as a dentist as I am as a web entrepreneur.

I don't consider myself a "job" person, in fact, much like you, I'd hate to work any mundane position slaving away for the man. But let me tell you something buddy, entrepreneurs definitely do work towards building something, a solid stream of revenue from a reliable source. My friends and I own a large network of websites, yeah, we pay people to keep the websites maintained and up to speed with the rest of their particular niches and the Internet as a whole.

As for your comment regarding savings... I've had over mid-six figures saved up in CDs, Euros, gold, and many other investments for years now. Not to mention that all my assets are well over seven figures in value. Yeah, I am working towards an early retirement, and I'm frugal as shit with my money. But, I just bought a 2009 BMW X6 50i to take advantage of the SUV tax write-off before Obama comes in and kicks it to the curb, and let me tell you, it's a hot car. Maybe you should pick one up, Mr. Entrepreneur?

extremehardware, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  19. czardomains

czardomains Banned

Best Answers:
    I can work anytime and anywhere as long as you are making money on the net.

czardomains, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  20. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't attacking you, I was only commenting on your risk part; ofcourse entrepreneurs build a constant stream. I'm just saying that if you do that right, why is it a risk? And why would you need a 'career'? You have a career with your network of sites. Career is a heavy word, USUALLY (meaning not always) used by people with mundane jobs and mundane lives. I wasn't saying you have or will have that; I'm implying that some sap working at a software company 'climbing' from;

programmer to left hand of the tech consultant to right hand of the tech consultant to vice president of the advisor of the tech consultant etc all the way to consultant, or, oh, may it be true, even manager (walking like an ape in a suit and not actually doing anything anymore)?

Is what is usually considered as 'career making'.

And as you are still studying, buddy, you are probably half my age and you haven't seen jack sh*t of the 'working world'. Being a dentist (my sister is an MD) is not what I consider a real job as you say; it is being an entrepreneur, not unlike running those websites. Having your own practice, with your own clients, advertising etc. I applaud you for that.

My reaction was only because you seem to imply that a 'career' (still quoting it as I really don't like that old-world word) can be 'making money online'. And it is not more/less risky, if you do it well, than any other venture.

You did very well for yourself and seriously I have no clue why you want to do anything else than those sites if you have 7 figure assets + a stable running venture, but that's just that I personally don't see the fun in being a dentist; you probably have a reason why you do that besides a 'career path'.

But to end as snibby as your reaction sounds; I find SUV by far the most ugly things on earth and I would'nt want to drive one even if I would get the best one for free with lifetime gasoline included. I find some of warts on hogs prettier than an SUV. I see things in the toilet that I would rather drive. So no, thanks Mr Entrepreneur Dentist man :)

And he, money is boring anyway. It's about having a good/happy life (which probably will be like 80 years in the Western world); I unfortunately did work (albeit in my own company) in an office and that was a mistake.

Good luck to you and hopefully we'll meet for more stimulating flaming, trolling and otherwise interesting banter.

Kwaku, Jan 9, 2009 IP