1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WP image uploads: want domain/image.jpg

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by GPS Mapper, Jun 21, 2006.

I'm trying to upload an image for WP. I created an images folder under mydomain.com/wp-content and uploaded the image.

But the URL that was created is maindomain.com/mydomain.com/wp-content/images/imagename.jpg.

I want it to be mydomain.com/imagename.jpg. Can anyone help? Where should the directory be placed?

Main domain is my original domain at BlueHost, but the WP blog is at mydomain.com.

GPS Mapper, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  2. Affers

Affers Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want the image to be hosted at yourdomain.com, you simply upload the image into the top level directory. 'Public HTML' or some such? Or have I got that completely confused?

Affers, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  3. GPS Mapper

GPS Mapper Peon

Best Answers:
    I can give it a try, but the mydomain folder is inside the public htmn folder, along with other domains.

GPS Mapper, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  4. Affers

Affers Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh... in that case just upload the images straight to the domain folder for the URL to be mydomain.com/image.jpg

If you'd like them in an images folder, create a folder called 'images' to put in the mydomain folder so the URL would be mydomain.com/images/image.jpg

HTH.

Affers, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  5. GPS Mapper

GPS Mapper Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. I'll try that tonight. Day job beckons.:( Right now, the images folder is located at mydomain.com/wp-content/

Hey Affers, thanks for helping.

6. Affers

Affers Peon

Best Answers:
    No probs although I'm no expert. I'm just trying to navigate my way through WP just like you and it's usually much easier if we can help one another out.

Yup, I used to have mine in wp-content too but got rid of the stuff in there since it was too much of a hassle to type out. I host 3 domains on my space too so I share your pain of how confusing it can be.

Affers, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    GPS Mapper likes this.
  7. GPS Mapper

GPS Mapper Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. That doesn't work either. Any more ideas? Maybe I'll ask BlueHost.