1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sites being heavily penalized by Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by WabbyTwax, Jun 21, 2006.

Two of my websites plus I know one of my friends websites are being heavily punished by google. All 3 websites have been using coop adnetwork. Ive removed all coop code and will never use it again. Thanks for nothing =/

WabbyTwax, Jun 21, 2006 IP
    ResaleBroker and Fahd like this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Newbies :rolleyes:

fryman, Jun 21, 2006 IP
  3. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    Fryman - I have to say that your repetative non sensical reply of "newbies" to any comment, question, or theory you don't understand or disagree with is highly irritating - and pretty pathetic. Have you ever considered that a person new to a forum may actually know far more than you?

Big Richard, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    Paz and Stin like this.
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Well, since you are the one that is crying all the time about how much the coop sucks and how terrible it is it is only logical to come here and post your crap also.

Not going to waste my time with you.

fryman, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  5. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    Just noticed exactly the same thing for three of my sites that are in the coop. About a -30 position drop in rankings for every keyword I track.

Sites not running the coop are not showing any change.

classifieds, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  6. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    Not crying - in fact never used it (and wouldn't) - why don't you cut your inane comments and contribute something sensible? - Or would it be beyond you to out thing a "newbie"?: - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=95507&page=3#57

Big Richard, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    jim likes this.
  7. mrconstantine

mrconstantine Peon

Best Answers:
    mines gone too! dosn't even show up on google when i type the domain name without the .com ! I just put the coop on about a week ago ffs. I noticed a huge myspace site mypimpspace has completely gone too. Will my ranking come back? I just took it off.

mrconstantine, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  8. alephito

alephito Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site is not gone:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&pwst=1&q=+site:www.mypimpspace.com

And if you search mypimpspace, you will find your site in the third page.

alephito, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  9. digital583

digital583 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We're talking about, #1, #2, #3 rankings turning to #30-50 overnight. For main pages, and sub-pages.

digital583, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  10. WabbyTwax

WabbyTwax Peon

Best Answers:
    No your site is not gone just buried under 4 pages of other crap. If you even search for the domain name without the ".com" it comes up on like page 3 or 4. This is without a doubt a punishment by Google. All I can hope is that its not permanent because I was using all of my weight to help my smaller sites out. I didnt even need the SEO help with the sites I was running it on. After looking into it more my theory is that they are punishing sites that are seen linking out to a specific site or list of sites. So in theory Im hoping that simply removing the code and waiting long enough perhaps 1 or more months my ranking will come back. Good luck everybody =/ This sucks. This hasnt affected everybody (yet) because I know people that have this coop and havent been bothered. I think it would be inevitible if they continued to use the coop though and they have removed the coop code.

WabbyTwax, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    SubmitShop likes this.
  11. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps we shouldn't jump to such conclusions... Lets take for example, the last update:

The Big Daddy update caused a lot of shuffling which immediately caused people to worry about penalizations. I can admit that I was initially worried too... until last night when one of my sites got another mass of pages indexed.

There's natural fluctuation in the SERPs all the time, I was ranking #1 for a few phrases, they've -just- dropped to 30something, but it's nothing to worry about until this sort of thing becomes the norm.

Art, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  12. WabbyTwax

WabbyTwax Peon

Best Answers:
    So youre saying if you type your domain in without the ".com" you see your site on the first page? Because none of my coop sites show up unless i literally type the .com at the end. Otherwise they get buried under several pages. Ive been ranked high for a specific keyword for 5 years and have been at number 1 for several. I was using my weight for other smaller sites of mine. This is a very drastic change and Ive never seen anything like it. And its too cooincidental that only mine and others coop sites are affected as are other sites. There is no doubt whats happened here just listen to us who are saying our coop using sites are affected and non-coop sites are not. I think its just fortunate that some other coop using sites have not been affected at least not yet.

13. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds like coop is being penalized with a -30 to -40 position drop for all terms all my sites usig coop have no terms left in top 10 all a sudden

wizteen, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  14. alephito

alephito Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site behaving that way for almost a year now and has never been in the Co-op (because its mature content). By the way, I haven't used any link exchange system on it.

Don't blame the Co-op for all SERPs changes.

If anyone wants to see the site to confirm this is true, just send me a PM.

15. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. At first I didn't think it was co-op until I read this thread. My site yesterday dropped to 4-5th page in Google (about 30-40 positions) for ALL my top ranked keywords (~25). It ranked in the top 5 for the last 3 years!

I just removed the ads... hoping it will come back?!

maha, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use co-op so I can't say I have experience with that. But I have competitors that DONT use the co-op who I have seen drop 30 spots, so I don't think that you can say anything for sure on the co-op affecting sites.

I have a KWP I have been working on and over the last 2 months has been jumping from 20 to 30 to top 10. aroun 20's is where is had been up until this last google update. During the update it would fluctuate from 35ish to 9ish daily, but now it seems to be stuck at 8-10 which I am very happy about.

Now to get 1st place!!

debunked, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  17. alephito

alephito Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the site I am talking about fall to the 4th page in Google if you search for it own domain without the .com. Nothing to do with Co-op.

18. mrconstantine

mrconstantine Peon

Best Answers:
    I knew it was co op! why would a site mypimpspace which was ranked like number 3 for 'myspace codes' , an extremely comeptitive keyword thanks to the thousands of myspace sites out there... It has thousads of backlinks, PR5... suddenly drop off the listings to be bured under a ton of pages? the co op is evil, stay away!

Edit: just googled for another huge myspace site... coshed, thats dropped off aswell , and using co op!

mrconstantine, Jun 22, 2006 IP
  19. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the hiccups in a gas station today. Gas stations must have just started causing hiccups. Avoid gas stations or you will look silly!

jazzylee77, Jun 22, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  20. WabbyTwax

WabbyTwax Peon

Best Answers:
    I know its the COOP but Im thinking that theres maybe one specific site that is on the coop network that is blacklisted by google and perhaps because we've all been seen linking to this particular site its giving us bad marks. So this may not be directly the COOP but its at least an indirect affect. Those of you arguing that it might be serp changes need to stfu Ive been using this too long and running my websites too long to be doubted. This is a very drastic change thats happening to many coop users instantaneously. Dont even tell me its possibly something else because its not I've already investigated every option and deduced very clearly what its from based on my own information and information of others I know that use this coop.