1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Tricks" to get High PR backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by DinoCagney, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    The value of these will come over time. As these pages age, get indexed, get linked etc, these pages from these sites have the potential to provide some highly relevant links. They won't provide the immediate boost to PR that people think, but they are still valuable for a backlink.

The goal is to get some high quality links from some relevant sites, with relevant anchor text.

Cbrooker, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  2. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're exactly correct, Cbrooker. A link on an Authority Site, no matter what kind of "link juice" you might get from it, will age over time. Authority Sites are not only great for backlinks, they are good for traffic as well. Many of those sites have a lot of daily visitors. Non-spammy links usually remain on the site on a permanent basis.

The relevant anchor text will most certainly help with your SERPS. That's been proven time and again.

AngelaE8654, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  3. Crazihos

Crazihos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is linkbaiting good for getting backlinks - or does it depend on the anchor text that the links have?

Crazihos, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. ddzc

ddzc Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting thread...can someone confirm if a link on a high pr "NON-RELEVANT" forum page is not recommended by any means? will google punish your rankings for these types of links? for eg, posting your car website on pet forum?

Thanks

ddzc, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  5. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe that this thread has gotten ressurrected again.

OK, here's my take on it ... links should come from relevant sites, containing content that's relevant. Why? The answer is simple, you want to attract traffic that is interested in the product, or content that you are promoting. It is traffic that has a higher likelihood of converting. SIMPLE!

Google probably won't penalize you for the link from a non-relevant site, it may give you a little PR juice when they update, but the link will be be great devalued, but a link is still a link. Just be careful of the site that you get that link from.

I am of the opinion that a link from a site such as John's Big Rubber Latex Sex Toys, will be looked at much differently by Google if that link is pointing to a site dedicated to a site with a teen demographic. The quality of the link must also be kept in mind.

Cbrooker, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  6. evpstud

evpstud Active Member

Best Answers:
    And that's an interesting opinion but do you have any experience with it or is it just a theoretical opinion? I'm split on the issue because I've had mixed results.

evpstud, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  7. Bridgesan

Bridgesan Peon

Best Answers:
    I see most of these links are from Forums and as I know the signature and permalinks in forums does not carry any link juice! And I read somme where that signatures are some kind of spam and that is why they don't carry any pagerank over. I can be wrong! But What do you think?

Bridgesan, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  8. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not sure this is experience, but here's what happened to me when playing around with just linking willy nelly! One site I run I have links from several PR6 sites, a few PR5, PR4 etc I get zero traffic from those links and have seen little SEO value overall. Google PR remains at a PR1 for that site, yet I feel that I have enough links to get a PR2, maybe a 3. None of the links were purchased, but they are all from sites that are totally not related to my site.

Someone then writes an article about my niche, references an article that I had written and posts a link to my site. It's from a very relevant site / domain in my niche and the next google PR update, I jump to PR4. Plus, traffic from that link drives at least 50 - 60 visitors a day, and it's still happening.

I also have 1 site that was linked to by another site that got banned, and my PR in google dropped 2 points. Coinicidence maybe? But why risk it?

Cbrooker, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  9. Jonathannatural

Jonathannatural Peon

Best Answers:
    Zoom does not even let you customize the anchor text. I don't this it is that valuable.

Jonathannatural, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  10. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    cbrooker, thank you for sharing your experience. this was definitely eye opening as it is based on real results.

jophan, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  11. tjcocker

tjcocker Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to register to DP just to stop this madness!!

She knows what she's saying is the same as everyone else:

"This is the viewpoint of some, yes. However, I firmly believe what I always have; that you will get credit for your link on the Authority Site. No sense continuing to debate it."

We ALL know you get "credit" for your link. Yet she seems to think this credit is the same as the credit for having a link on the homepage of a high PR website, even though ABSOLUTELY NOBODY can prove or disprove this with any certainty. It's her opinion, but it just sounds so much better to say it's true for her misinformed newbie customers. Notice how she keeps bringing up how others will read this thread and become "confused". She's talking to her customers, telling them this is all a bad dream, and of course the hard earned money they are giving her is worth it.

So she just puts a smiley in her posts, ignores the facts, and pretends to politely disagree even though she knows she's been called out and can't support her misinformation. That way she won't seem like the bad guy.

Ugh. What a bunch of marketing B.S. It's ok to market to the mindless masses (somehow?), but I draw the line at marketing misinformation to other would-be marketers.

Angela is truly an evil person for what she's doing.

My wife and I are expecting our first child, I was laid off 9 months ago, and I'm trying to build my own income. This kind of thing could have derailed me if it weren't for people like Dodger and snowbird showing us the light. Thank you Dodger, your mission is accomplished. Angela is the kind of person who would play on my desperation, take my money, and tell me I'll be rich in 2 weeks... What I wouldn't give for someone that could actually give me some useful advice so I can support my family, at least with part-time income. I've spent many, many hours reading, learning, debunking, making mistakes, and all the rest, just to get up to a few dollars a day. Ok, I'm going off topic, sorry.

I know you have your opinion Angela, but the way you communicate it is misleading at best and you know it. At least you should by now, and if you don't then how did you ever get to where you are now? Learning is a process, not a personal opinion. Free your mind.

tjcocker, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  12. Porter

Porter Peon

Best Answers:
    Porter, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  13. careertargetph

careertargetph Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this information regarding backlinks. I try to improve my PR this week.

careertargetph, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  14. paulg01

paulg01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Angela! I read some of your article, they are very interesting and helpful.that is a good idea for the less you pay , the more you get) Advise everyone to read your article

paulg01, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  15. sanhit

sanhit Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to say that more than half of your site not work angela. I am making links for many clients from your PDF but quality is decreasing day by day as i feel.

sanhit, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  16. anjalisharma

anjalisharma Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, for providing very valuable info...
    http://www.hives-treatment.com

anjalisharma, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  17. clarissa25

clarissa25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Angela really knows what she's talking about. Everyone loves her on the warrior forum. I would listen

clarissa25, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is kind of dated to 2008. A link is a link but at some point you are going to need some quality.

This statement reminds me about the reciprocal link craze 5 years ago. The time and effort to build the directories everyone had on their site is worthless today.

bogart, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  19. s.tranger

s.tranger Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, make it a part of your strategy, but not your only SEO and backlink strategy.

s.tranger, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  20. sadiiig

sadiiig Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks , you can add your link here to any blog for free : 4soon.com

sadiiig, Feb 9, 2011 IP