1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think of Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wissam, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Muslims, true followers of Islam are ok. But sadly, there are not so many real Muslims around nowadays. Most of them are being drawn to extremism and terrorism.

We have some Muslims here in Fiji, who are very peaceful.

Hoster1983, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  2. dmcybox

dmcybox Banned

Best Answers:
    Islam is a great religion but some Muslim are misinterpreted the writings in Koran. Others just born with a Muslim parents but not really a Muslim, those are the War freaks. I think its time to have a one Great Muslim leader to unite the people under this religion and show to them what is really the meaning of Islam..
    I'm just dismay about the bombings and killings in both Muslim or Catholic religion. Thats not gonna happen if we got a great leader governing there countries..

dmcybox, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  3. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    More people have been killed in the name of religion.....the horror of it

I don't think of 'Muslims'....I think of individual people.....either I like them or I don't but religion doesn't figure into the equation

dfourss, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  4. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    true, so it is not related to their religions, it is more related to the evilness of their ruling governments and politics.

This is the politics that brings corruption not religions.

It is sad that Religion is just a device in the dirty hands of politics.

Arasp, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  5. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right...
    Muslims are everywhere. There is no such country on earth where a certain percentage of the population are not Muslims. But why is terrorism concentrated in the middle East and Asia. Its all, once again, politics. We have some Muslim brothers and sisters in Fiji who even do not know who Osama Bin laden or Al Qeada is. While for some Muslims, Osama is a Prophet. Politicians have fueled terrorism and hatred for their own gain. Look at Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Though he is just a puppet of the Iranian Religious Leaders, his standing is nevertheless, very strong in the Muslim community. His anti-Jew, anti-American and Anti-Israeli sentiments have caused more people in the middle east to start hating the Americans and Israelis.

Hoster1983, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  6. B7x0

B7x0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Islam's teachings are awesome. Some Muslims on the other hand misinterpret their teachings whether on purpose (to advance personal gains/agendas) or unknowingly. The Muslims who correctly understand the Quran and Sunnah are very peaceful people and great to be around.

Also, just as we have Fox news misleading Americans, and trying to corrupt their views on the outside world, Muslim countries also have their own media giving one-sided news (Iraq, Afghanistan wars, Israel's illegitimate occupation, etc...). All of that coupled with unjust leaders (who are US puppets), angry uneducated people would be a catalyst for extremism.

B7x0, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  7. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thank you brothers in humanity for saying what you really think freely, now I know that what the media says is false, they show you and show us what they need both of us to see, here in this thread I see reality, love and humans.
    Humans are nice, every each soldier's heart there is a light and hope for this to end.
    in fact all humans wants this to end, we can live in peace...
    sorry to to say this but :F??CK borders that they put between us an between our hearts, why the hell the world didn't stay one, some humans are real scum.

wissam, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  8. susinggih

susinggih Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, just interested to step in. I'm a muslim. I live in Indonesia, the country with the biggest muslim populations in the world. I heard some foreign observers said that muslims here are more moderate compare to the middle east. Muslim just like all other people I guess. There are good muslims and also there are bad muslims. In my country there are huge numbers of corruptions. The thing that Islam really hate. We also have terrorists. I believe all of you remember Bali's bombing. Not to mention some other bombings in the capital city. They are muslims but their bombs killed everyone. Tragically including their own muslim brothers. Killing people, regardless what their religion, is condemned by Islam. The stupid thing is they use Islam as justification for their killing. Those terrorists of Bali's bombing recently have been executed. Back in 1998 we also had some huge riots due to economy crisis. People burn & steal everything. Some reports said there were even some raping acts in public places to the girls of the rich communities. The hard sinners in all religion perspective including Islam. I have to admit not all muslims understand Islam thoroughly. They do in some part but they don't want to learn about the other parts. Well I guess all I want is to live happily together with anybody from any races (we have many races with different languages also in here), any religion, any different backgrounds.

susinggih, Jan 8, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  9. uglyboy

uglyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    aahhh some sanity in the P&R forum.. ;)

uglyboy, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  10. spunk999

spunk999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very dangerous and unfair generalization and I get into arguments with my mother who makes very similar statements (and is a 1970's immigrant from India) while fostering blanket feelings about all Muslims ... I am very glad that the next couple generations of Indians practice harmony amongst Hindus and Muslims, at least in the United States ... I feel terrible for all of what my Brahmin ancestors did to contribute to the climate and I hope I will have the opportunity to heed Gandhi's advice to step towards making amends by adopting a Muslim child and raising him/her to uphold Muslim values despite my own identity with Hindu values.

My mother says "Oh God, Please take me now, vhy my daughter has such crasy ideas ..." lol, she soooo does not want to see that day come ...

LOL - Amen to that!

spunk999, Jan 14, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  11. suman817

suman817 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I’m a Muslim, and I know, there’s a lot of wrong information about Muslims in media. If I judge, I don’t like some activities of some Muslim people. I’ve a lot of Hindu, Muslim, & Christian friends. I found all my Christian friends better. They are well mannered and very helpful.

suman817, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  12. kevluigi

kevluigi Member

Best Answers:
    As a muslim myself, I believe that what a muslim is in today and what a true muslim is. The muslims of today have undergone new transformations than what they used to be. A true muslim is none other than the prophet. Everyone else is just trying their best to be like him. So I suppose a more appropriate question would be to ask, what do you think to prophet? Tell me if you guys agree.

kevluigi, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  13. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't view Muslims any differently than any other religion. I don't consider Muslim extremist religious at all, rather using religion as an excuse to justify war and murder.

I don't group most other Muslims in that category, however, from my experience here in the U.S., Muslims are highly offended by just about everything in America and many feel that we should curtail our behavior, traditions, and overall activities to show respect for their religion, which to me is just ridiculous.

Muslims in the U.S. have it hard as many Americans still cannot separate terrorists from the religion, much the same way many Americans cannot separate gangs and drugs, from the average black person walking down the street, or associate a Mexican with an accent with illegal aliens.

I think Muslims here feel unjustly persecuted, not realizing that America is a selfish, prejudiced nation and the paranoid, uneducated citizens of our country treat everyone like that.

hmansfield, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  14. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    My opinion on religion is that followers of it are just silly & you ask what I think of Muslims?:D

A part from the religion however;

I see Muslims the same as everyone else as 'human', I also believe they have the right to believe in whatever they want (I don't impose my atheist beliefs on others).

I don't view Muslims as terrorists either (if that is your question).

:)

Toopac, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  15. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think,you are not reading all post & even,you don't know mumbai attack main cause.Whatever,when you kill muslim on gujrat that is ok?I think,you may want,you kill all muslim & muslim only view they are going to killed?

bdprem.com, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  16. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have so many friends who are Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians
    I found all my Hindu & Christian friends better. Well mannered, helpful & matured in majority of the occasions. May be its because majority of them are literates.

Long back I read something like "Myth? Ones religion is a myth to others". I think that’s true in many occasions.
    Personally, I feel religion is ones belief and respect all beliefs.
    I wish my all my friends on their festivals and even visit them on the occasions (doest matter which religion they are)

guest, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  17. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I am not wrong,
    You are way left back :D
    because something bigger than your plans have been already exists

Indira Gandhi married to a Muslim
    Priyanka Gandhi married to a Christian

I think thats why they call it Secular and Democratic

:)

guest, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  18. spunk999

spunk999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know I am not inventing a wheel - I am just saying I want to continue in their footsteps ... and I wish more of my peers would do the same so the above list, when you recall all the people you can think of, would be endless ... :)

spunk999, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  19. ipkum

ipkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    I respect beliefs of others.do not hate other religion

ipkum, Jan 15, 2009 IP