1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make google know your site update?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wenzi, Jan 6, 2009.

I have a site,an now it update some pages,now which way i can do to make google know my site has update?
    I think submit it to social bookmarks is too slowly.Anyone can give me a answer?
    Thanks.

wenzi, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  2. longkeyu

longkeyu Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your site address!

longkeyu, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. jingwen

jingwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit it to Google?
    Or submit to some directories?

jingwen, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can submit an xml sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. Any new links can probably help get your site reindexed faster too.

vansterdam, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. Ken_Xu

Ken_Xu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Webmaster Tools won't get your site indexed fast. Submitting to google also waste of time. It could takes up to months before seeing your page indexed.

IMHO, The fastest is using existing active website to link to your new site (or submit article to ezinearticle with your link attached if you don't have website). Or, you could really use Social media site to boost the time. Social media is not slow. It's depend on how you submit your link. I normally use StumbleUpon. Most of my first indexed page in google after 1-2 days is page that's stumbled. Hope it helps. :)

Ken_Xu, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  6. kensmonies

kensmonies Peon

Best Answers:
    the last response is the best one

kensmonies, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  7. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me social bookmarking sites would greatly help you with this dilemma. Just submit it properly so it would be approve. Digg, stumble, furl, etc... are just some of the best SB sites. :)

JessieJames27, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  8. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    You can helps social media, you submit your site, it helps easy to index your site.

Bloomtools, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  9. Nancy Kneoteric

Nancy Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    If you update your website in no particular time interval, getting a link from high traffic/frequently crawled website is the best option to get the new pages indexed.

If you update your website is updated on a regular basis, the bots over a period of time will see the pattern and increase the crawl rate accordingly. If seems not to be happening, you can use GWT to set the crawl rate accordingly.

Nancy Kneoteric, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  10. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, there's a ping feature for google, so if your sitemap has changed you can ping google so it knows of any new pages. However the best will be to use social bookmarking sites to get crawl faster i think.

fluid, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  11. alokverma

alokverma Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, don't worry about it as google has special software named 'robots' which automatically detect your site each time you updated your site..

alokverma, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  12. seopankaj

seopankaj Guest

Best Answers:
    you could use social media to boost the time.social media not slow.it is depend on how you submit your link.

seopankaj, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  13. indrazz

indrazz Peon

Best Answers:
    if you use self hosted wordpress, install wp sitemap generator plugin and submit your sitemap to Google webmasters tools.

indrazz, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Get links and have a sitemap. Next time google crawls your site it will see the updates. Also, have more patience! :)

dcristo, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  15. ciplseo

ciplseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest
    You can create account in google webmaster tool and create sitemap so,you get better result in this tool.

ciplseo, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  16. venkatraoptc

venkatraoptc Peon

Best Answers:
    Sumbmit to social bookarking then it you get your site listed.

venkatraoptc, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  17. LorensS

LorensS Guest

Best Answers:
    My new webpages usually get indexed in 2 days after submitting to digg.com and other similar websites. It is the easiest and fastest way.

LorensS, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  18. webrecsol

webrecsol Peon

Best Answers:
    hello if not submit google webmaster tool then quick submit u website sitemap.xml and some social site added u site....

webrecsol, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  19. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    use sitemap, register google webmaster tools, yahoo siteexplorer and msn webmasters, services

and submit ur sitemap, it updates so fast.

also, if ur using CMS or blog, u can have some plugins in order to install sitemap.xml which would notify when u publish new content.. hope that helps

nandalinnaung, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  20. thegotoguy

thegotoguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Wenzi I think the replies to your post are probably some of the best replies you could hope for. They are all going to be effective in getting your site crawled a little sooner. I would suggest to write a couple of really good articles and host them on your site and then use social sites to bookmark them. Submit them to Digg etc. Be sure your home page links to the articles and vice versa. Then install a self hosted wordpress blog and use the "press this" feature to write posts within your blog about the articles and about your niche. Re submitting a site to an engine that already has an impression of your site won't be too effective I don't think. The earlier post about submitting content to sites with really high traffic intervals is probably one of the best methods to use and I would start there. When you find out which method works the best for you, do it every single day:)...

thegotoguy, Jan 7, 2009 IP