1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm officially boycotting Israeli products

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by amanamission, Jan 6, 2009.

Probably will take some heat for this, but I may as well shout it out...I have stopped buying Israeli products, as of my grocery trip this evening. I actually eat a lot of food imported from Isreal, mostly yummy vegan treats, but I will not get to enjoy them again until I feel it can be done in good conscience.

I know the manufacturers have done nothing wrong, but boycott is a widely accepted means of nonviolent dissent and it would be cowardly not to embrace it. I know that this mostly deprives me of options.

Israel has let us know that world opinion is irrelevant, so I'm not letting anymore of my grocery budget, at least, trickle to Israel.

A purely symbolic gesture, but I invite others who feel the Gaza incursion has gone too far to join me in this abstenance. Those of us who sympathize with the people of Gaza, but not the militaristic methods of Hamas, are left with nothing but symboic protest.

I will resume buying Israeli goods when the rights of Palestinians are sufficiently respected.

amanamission, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  2. astire

astire Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your step and encourage more people to do the same. This is the best civilized way to protest against inhumanity of Israel.

astire, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. F33l1ngz

F33l1ngz Peon

Best Answers:
    We're sorry for not wanting to live with rockets getting launched on our homes.

F33l1ngz, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  4. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will also remove israel from the list of countries in registration forms in my websites.

Arasp, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  5. trocobob

trocobob Banned

Best Answers:
    last week , I saw alot of Campaigns asking People of good conscience to boycott israeli products and companies supporting the zionist entity .

They are also posted the list of products which should be Boycotted ..

trocobob, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  6. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Nice move. :D

I never use products from Israel, so I never support them from beginning.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  7. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice step.. Lets boycott israeli products. and products which support israel ...

ziya, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  8. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lets bojcott all Muslim products and all Christan products and all Hindu Products and all jew products since we are all to blame.

and products which support israel ... so what you doing here then? this server is in USA the owner is from USA.

Just stop fighting and stop killing all of you thats all.

TheSyndicate, Jan 7, 2009 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  9. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the owner of this domain and server is a Free Man and believe in Freedom of Speech, that is why he has created this politics and religions board.
    However, I know that politics and religions are two things which are very problematic and we can never come to an agreement about it.

So, As far as people respect each other and do not attack each other, I think it is ok to let the world know about our opinion.

Arasp, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  10. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is there anything that we can do to keep Israel away from "Internet" as well?

I mean don't advertise Israeli websites...etc until they stop the war?

glitto, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  11. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    trocobob - can you give a link to list of products ?

ziya, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  12. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ibn Juferi, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  13. dheeruyadav

dheeruyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am also ready to join this protest,atleast we can oppose to the wrong steps taken by israel.

dheeruyadav, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  14. Kerunai

Kerunai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I stop eating at McDonalds ever since palestine was attacked ..and to hell with others associated with israel ...and i'm doing huge SEO task and work withs lots of manpower/outsourcing to spread the message across all the world...

if we kill israel economics, they will surely know how powerfull the world is against them..stop the money, and they'll suffer..

Kerunai, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  15. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not athiests and agnostics:) We would never go to war over someone beliving in a fairy tale, that would be like wanting to go to war with your children for believing in Santa Clause, its just plain mean. Believing makes them happy so let them do it.

drmike, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  16. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before anyone is so quick to condemn Israel, I believe some history should be studied.

For instance, this whole Palestinian refugee thing started when Israel became a state. False information spread by the surrounding Arab states that Israel was going to kill all the Arabs within its borders caused the Arabs to panic and leave. Nobody forced them out.

But guess what...all those wonderful Arab brother countries had no intention of accepting this huge wave of refugees....they were denied entrance, for instance, into Jordon. And the result are the horrendous refugee camps. So much for Arab brotherhood.

Of course, if you want to boycott Israeli products that is your right.

So you can start by not shopping at stores that use price scanners since they were first developed in Israel

Hope no one in your family gets breast cancer as the first non-radiation test for detecting it was developed in Israel

Stop using the camera in your cell phone as an Israeli company developed the first high resolution camera to fit on a single chip

oh yes, and stop using AOL IM as it was developed by a team of four young Israelis

And are you using a PC....most of Windows NT and XP was developed by Microsoft - Israel

I could go on and on but I think this makes my point

dfourss, Jan 7, 2009 IP
    kentuckyslone and tbarr60 like this.
  17. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    It's good to see how someone like you has provided so many sources to back up your claims lol
    I guess than that you never heard of massacres both sides commited during war. You don't have to fercebly removed all of them. Just burn few villages, commit few massacres and the rest will simply flee in fear of their lives and that's happened in Palestine with,of course, a lot of cases of forcefuly removing but that wasn't majority.

But than, according to international laws, all refugees must be allowed to return to their homes after wars and conflicts. Israel didn't allowed that.

Of course, I will join boycott.

iggysick, Jan 7, 2009 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  18. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    I too have never touched a israeli product, unless the lettuce and tomatoes and fresh lamb and cow meat were imported.....but I will keep my eye out ya never know eh?

jodyq, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  19. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also never being user of any Israeli Product and now become more sensible not to use either

jezzz, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  20. Ichigo91

Ichigo91 Guest

Best Answers:
    OH HAHHAAH!! this is the funniest yet stupidest thing I have read!

Ichigo91, Jan 7, 2009 IP