1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Death of SEO by GOOGLE, Never Imagine NO.1 Position

Discussion in 'Google' started by ramgay, Jan 2, 2009.

It is really frusturating for all industry leading SE experts that the NO.1 Position on Organic result (not sponsered listing) was reserved by Google Products.

Check this example links:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=ipod&meta=
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=televisions&meta=

and slowly they will match all the keywords and fetch their results from their database, then what about those who worked so many hours, years and spending thousands of dollars, efforts to get the first position?

Do they have more content then "apple.com" for the word "ipod"? or can they dominate everything they want? They already have froogle, sponsored listing in both top and right side places, do they want to fully loaded with the money?

If other search engines like Yahoo displays their kelkoo and msn displays their shopping section then what webmasters can do?

Do we have to try only from the 2nd Positions?

If all webmasters block the google bot from their websites then what they will do?

I don't like this scenario and already thousands of corporate companies and millions of webmasters already loosing 80% of their income.

Can google explain why they inserting their shopping results (google get paid commissions for this) in Organic listings?

can we all drop making websites and can start making search engines?

ramgay, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    Obelia likes this.
  2. akdiver

akdiver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess they can do what they want. In thier defence it is useful for the end user who is searching to buy a product to have the infomation easily at hand. For the webmaster I guess there is always adwords.

akdiver, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  3. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google is a business oriented company and its board has to answer to its shareholders.
    They are not a charitable company.
    Soooo ..........

I think it is only fair for them to try to improve their income.

jhnrang, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  4. info

info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now google must stop search engine business and spidering web and redirect ALL google home page traffic to amazon.com or shop.com
    it's already becoming very hard to rank on first page continuously and now with this problem it will become very hard to get visitors.

info, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  5. dc0ded

dc0ded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We can nothing about it. Google.com is their territory, they will do what they like.
    Create something as big as google and u can do the same..

dc0ded, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  6. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no other choice, it's their company and they set the rules. I know it feels bad but no other way exists.

I don't think they are answerable. I guess you have the answer - they are trying to improve end-user experience and boost their own income (as you mentioned they get paid commissions).

mixke, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  7. dimmakherbs

dimmakherbs Active Member

Best Answers:
    well I really wouldn't consider the shopping results a rank.
    there is little info there anyway, i doubt they get many clicks.
    Secondly, shopping results really only show up for REALLY vague searches. Are you really competing for ipod with 382million in competition?

dimmakherbs, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  8. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's Google so it's all about the money what else. I'm sure G places their Shopping results first because if you look most if not all of the stores from these Google Products accept Google Checkout. It not about serving accurate results, it's about placing stores that use Google Checkout higher so the greater chance G will profit.

LakeCountry, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  9. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Those keywords are product oriented, so, its obvious they will return the results from Product Search.

Abhik, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  10. ramgay

ramgay Active Member

Best Answers:
    we never worried about manual tagging of "Wikipedia" in first place for the most of the results, because it is really worth for the end users.

We respect google and google should respect webmasters and their own google algorithms. or they simply reserve the first page like

Position1: Google products
    position2: Froogle
    Position3: Kelkoo (Yahoo won't hesitate to give commissions based on traffic from google)
    Position4: MSN Shopping

OK, if i search for iPod, how google detects i am trying to buy the item, don't i have to search for What is ipod or reading ipod reviews or go to authority site (apple) for iPods?

The life is always interesting when there is a challenge, but if there is a fixed rule like first position is reserved for Google, then all we will loose our interest. Can some one make a voting pool for this? I think they respect our feelings, atleast they should display some where in their listing like "sponsered listing from Google".

If we all with Unity fights together definitely there will be a response from Google.

This thread is not for post counts, this is for serious persons who know only SEO business.

ramgay, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  11. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    until the next search engine comes along, and there is once again a little *competition*

contentboss, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  12. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's there own web website, and they are able to do what ever they want to do.
    However, people who use those keyword might be really interested in buying them ;)

IEmailer.com, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  13. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well like it or not, they still own the business and thus have rights to dictate the terms.

lycos, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  14. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is becoming a shitty company and this is another bad move from a company that is losing money. They shouldn't mix company business into their SE. They are getting EVIL. Period. And those who claim they can do whatever they want, guys, you're wrong and in time you'll see more and more evil coming in into your face. If they need to improve cash flow and get those shares up again they should provide a better SE, not place their sites #1 just because it's their sites. They are getting Nazis day by day.

scubita, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  15. simstar

simstar Peon

Best Answers:
    You do what you want with your website right?

Google can as well. Don't be bitter, if you think its such a terrible move by Google by all means watch them fail and invest in shares of competing search engines. Then watch Google fail with happiness and riches.

However thats unlikely to happen and your just bitter.

simstar, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  16. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Google SE shouldn't place their sites at top just because it's their sites. They are changing their own rules to get cash. That's a lousy service and a monopoly move. Another one in fact...

And it has nothing to do with bitter, in fact i don't have any ecommerce sites :) but i realize Google is monopolizing everything they can and I, as a user/individual, don't feel comfortable with it.

You seem to don't understand the issues this can bring in near future: imagine Google Team creating sites for every major query (holidays,loans/weight loss) and then ranking them #1 to #5 as they are doing now. Guess you're fucked up huh?

But i'll wait for that to happen, and he can get this discussion going again.

scubita, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    Obelia likes this.
  17. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    start using live.com and yahoo search
    Three cheers for Microsoft and Bill gates uncle

(Since last 2 days I have been trying to create a SQL SERver login doesnt work MS morons)

neeshu, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  18. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is where you are basically wrong in your thinking -
    " then what about those who worked so many hours, years and spending thousands of dollars, efforts to get the first position?"
    Google has never cared about webmasters doing that, in fact has constantly tried to discourage it - (asking for reports of paid links, introducing nofollow tags etc)
    Google does not and never has existed for webmasters, it exists for the searchers.
    If having google products at the top of listings annoys searchers, and they show they're annoyance by either not using those links, or going to another search engine, it'll be phased out again. But if searchers are finding those results useful to them and using them - and I don't know the answer to that - then I'm afraid they will be here to stay.

magda, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  19. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well ... Google is just a business not a non-profit organization, that's why they are so big.

newzone, Jan 3, 2009 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  20. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't agree with you. If webmasters didn't exist, Google wouldn't be what it is. Google should be thankful to world wide webmasters, without them they are nothing.

scubita, Jan 3, 2009 IP