1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installing Wordpress on GoDaddy- Anyone have experiance that can help me?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by TCR, Jun 18, 2006.

I am trying to install wordpress. I have changed the install.php file as directed, and I believe that I have created a database from within the control panel. Buy, I get this error message when I try and install:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required for WordPress.

Can someone walk me thru it?

Much appreciated. =)

edit: I think that the problem is windows hosting, I am calling go daddy now.

TCR, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  2. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    TCR, did you finally get a good install on your Godaddy account. I had a helluva time myself trying he ame thing until i just gave up. i installed it on a new domain that I have here http://www.weightlossinfo.us/blog i'll probably tweak it soon after learning ins and outs.

Good Luck!!

SFOD_D223, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  3. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been wrestling with this all day. At first it was just that I had elected Windows hosting instead of Linux. A quick call to GoDaddy solved that.

Now I'm struggling with something else. I don't know what it is yet but I'll be in the trenches until I figure it out.

sd2001, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  4. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops! Done! This was the first time I used FTP for anything and it (finally!) worked for me. I just kind of dove in and did it.

Let me know if you are still having problems and I may be able to help you out. I am pretty sure I messed up everything you can mess up and I still got it up (again...finally!)

Here are some useful guides in case you didn't have them already.
    codex.wordpress.org/Using_FileZilla
    tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/ftp/
    codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

sd2001, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  5. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah guys, my problem was purely the Windows hosting as opposed to Linuix. Once that was switched over, it worked like a charm. Now Iknow for future reference, just to go with Linuix. =)

TCR, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  6. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    So, you had godaddy swith your hosting over to Linux and that solved the problem? If so, could you let me know where you went to change settings.

SFOD_D223, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  7. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just called them and they switched it over. It has to be a Delux plan or up. The economy plan won't work (go figure). The delux plan is 6.99 or something like that, so it's not expensive.

sd2001, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  8. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Roger that, I'll get right on it after I'm done with my Statistics Exam. BTW I do have the delux model and will be calling them very soon.

Thanks alot.

9. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do it via 'My Account', however I just called, I prefered that so I knew the order would go thru then.

24/7 Sales and Support: (480) 505-8877 (they are so nice, it is a welome change from 1&1)

I did it with the economy plan. In fact, I have only a 2 month hosting plan (cos I wanted to try them out before I signed on for a year) for $3.95 or something a month.

Maybe they switched me becuase I represent a potential sale becuase I have only 2 months? I doubt it. Some sales person probably just gave you the hard sell ;)

TCR, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  10. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been with them for a year now with no down time. Glad i went with them though because I heard of all the horror stories about the the old 1&1 from people here on DP.

11. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, tell me about it. I went to them originally becuase I was ignorant, and the fact they are so inexpensive lured me in. I was a complete noob. (still am, sort of). They havent injured me or my site really, the customer service just blows. In my book, thet is so important. I have heard all the horror stories about trying to port out of 1&1.

The most effective solution I have heard is to call your cc company and have them refuse payment/file grievance. Then they move right quick. =)

TCR, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  12. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:

Nah, I had a delux plan to begin with. I wanted the extra bandwidth. I only signed up for two months too. I want to make sure GoDaddy lives up to their rep. So far so good.

sd2001, Jun 20, 2006 IP
  13. quirco

quirco Peon

Best Answers:
    read this. it shows you how you can install wordpress with an economy hosting account on godaddy

http://www.zenfixit.com/blog/2007/02/27/installing-wordpress-on-a-go-daddy-account/

quirco, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  14. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I buy the cheapest hosting at $3.99 and have them install and update for me. Less headaches and updates added with seamless integration.

SFOD_D223, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  15. Bozdemir

Bozdemir Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably left the DATABASE address as Localhost, you have to change it, look at your database info from your control panel...

Bozdemir, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  16. PLRGuru

PLRGuru Banned

Best Answers:
    PLRGuru, Aug 17, 2007 IP