1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

9 year old Indian girl becomes Microsoft Certified Professional

Discussion in 'Bing' started by nihangshah, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnS0N

JohnS0N Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's quite clear she is doing it for the ambitions of her parents, not for fun of doing it. Shame at their parents, look at the smile she has on the picture. Bored and faked.

Let her be a kid, not a slave of the system.

JohnS0N, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed. There's a time for everything.

A time to achieve and a time to idle.
    A time to live and a time to die.
    A time to make money and a time to make money.

lightless, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  3. mohit115

mohit115 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice work, but I have always wondered what is the importance of this certification.

mohit115, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  4. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    amazing feat!! A+++

wptheme, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  5. DPian

DPian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great dude...just forward it to my friends

DPian, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  6. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did not liked it this is a new kind of slavery why her friends at her age playing games and having fun from the whole world.She will work and code.There should be laws against this kind of slavery.

zangief, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  7. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and the other 2000 lines of an epic is called thirukural. It actually 1331 kural, kural is a two line poem. That in its self is pretty amazing lol. Thirukural is tamilian literature, and I can tell you it is a must read, get a translate copy and you get every advise you every wanted

silent_thunder, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  8. chuckychee

chuckychee Member

Best Answers:
    Geez Indians are smart lol

chuckychee, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  9. web_hunk

web_hunk Peon

Best Answers:
    I also heard this news a few days back and I was amazed. :)

Really a great feat!

web_hunk, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  10. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think it's more of a negative for people who try and don't succeed than people who tried and do succeed.. at least I would think so when reviewing someone for a job.

Eric

LinkBliss, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  11. !nfamous

!nfamous Banned

Best Answers:
    Must suck to be the 9 year old..

!nfamous, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  12. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow she is really smart at such a young age

zurpit.com, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  13. BMXRider09

BMXRider09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome. I passed it at the age of 15 and I thought I was amazing lol.

BMXRider09, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  14. mpcaetano

mpcaetano Peon

Best Answers:
    yes learning capabilities of children are stronger, but to get to a high point like this you had to know "some" things before reaching this level of intelligence, its impressive how this girl did it so fast. There is a limit for a childs strong intelligence, this is over that.

mpcaetano, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  15. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    The great thing i found under her is the correlation of reciting the 2000 years old epic along with the tech certification :) Indian govt. should have a proper care of her talent in regard of countries prosperity.

mellow-h, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  16. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you are wrong. Why India is recognized as an IT outsource is just because the labor is cheap. Indians can work for pennies on something that an American or European would charge millions. And for this girl, its just because of her photographic memory. I know a person (my neighbor) who can cram an entire novel and tell the story word by word. But he cannot do a simple mathematics problem.

This is a similar case. More of a disability, I guess. But congrats anyway. :rolleyes:

Hoster1983, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  17. Falling Down

Falling Down Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but realize just how much computers have changed. I remember when I was like four and I opened up QBASIC:

[​IMG]

Now you have Visual Basic:

[​IMG]

It's like, so much different! What's going to happen in the future? We already have drag and drop, what happens when it hits the tablet/table PCs of the future? No more coding?

This is one of the reasons I haven't bothered studying any of the current computer courses they have to offer at colleges and universities. Why waste $20,000 reading book and going to classes when you can just do it at home and have the experience of just playing around with it yourself? I mean, Bill Gates didn't get rich by studying at school, heck, he hardly attended classes! Now, I'm not saying that anyone's going to be able to accomplish what he or the Apple folks did, but going to school to learn how to program is like going to a class to learn how to use Windows 3.1 to its full potential. Most of it isn't relevant by the time you get out of there, and you've wasted your time by not discovering its features yourself.

That girl may be certified now, but she's going to suffer having to immediately take more and more classes to try and stay current. I don't advise anyone to even consider it unless you MUST have it to get a job, so your best bet is to get it at 18. I've been using MS-DOS, Windows, Macintosh, and their products for 18 years now, and I pretty much now that things change rapidly to satisfy consumer interest, it doesn't benefit scholars much, but we have to deal with it.

Falling Down, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  18. yogesh1099

yogesh1099 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    okay...so i can sense jealousy here :p . The thing is people in other countries, i wudn't name any country but i am sure you know what happens out there, when children at your place are buried in video games, opposite sex'es and other kinds of fantasy, children at india are striving to get top marks in their fields...not because of any disability or they're being forced or anything... I myself am a science student and know how much we struggle to beat the others to it. In simple words the reason y indians are intelligent is because of cometitve environment here...

you're so very mistaken at that, I wudn't do something worth millions for pennies...lol... maybe there's a great deal of poverty here but that doesnt mean they dont know whats worth what.

thats a very different case, its because he likes to read them and can remember something that interests him and if you dont know i must tell you that brain works in that manner, we can remember something of our interest like lyrics of music,stories of movies, sports and in some cases studies as well and that girl is an example of that, a south indian parent would never stress his/her child for doing something at which they're accompalished at doing nevertheless.

I must say it was a nice way of congratulating her.

yogesh1099, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  19. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm amazed, not anybody pass the test easily and the fact that she is still so young. Her future is definitely bright ahead.

lycos, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  20. GUESTID

GUESTID Peon

Best Answers:
    There are laws against it in the UK.

GUESTID, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    zangief likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.