1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2009 a better year for business?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by wrekoniz3, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Everyone right now is with out a doubt worried about the slowing economy and all that, but do you think online marketing is really affected? I really havent seen it on my end, only with people who run campaigns lower than 10K now everything needs to be a little less of a gamble for them, but that is what marketing is, its a shot in the dark.

Where do u guys think the industry will go in '09

wrekoniz3, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  2. susinggih

susinggih Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good thread mate. I think the bottom line is how to make internet marketing far cheaper than others. If it's expensive than why bother investing in internet marketing. Especially with this current situation where people tend to wait to buy something. So as webmaster/publishers, I think we have to adapt as well with this situation. To prove that internet marketing can survive this situation by offering some major price cut or discount for any kind of advertisement. The sales in 2009 must be much lower, we might see the impact in all the PTC/PTR/PPM modes of advertising. I think this will last until the next 1-2 years.

susinggih, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  3. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now from a different perspective, no matter how low the price is, in reality its still a gamble. In a way i can see a very small amount of businesses actually getting put out of business FROM online marketing. Mainstream people tend to just act off of being scared and i can see a few people whose business is running slow, Gambling on marketing thinking they will get great returns, and get very little. Having lost money that might hurt a bunch of people who are now going to be gambling it all to get extra business.

I think overall companies like adbrite especially need to step up customer support and start working with their customers less like salesman and more like their online marketing advisor. Instead of going to the sale companies need to give the customer what they really want, this will make the customer money keep them happy, and we can slowly bring shit back.

That is a very unconventional solution to ensure our industry is uneffected and if anything it helps out the economy.

but overall right now getting a campaign with a company like adbrite its like a game of russian roulette. I know my network has started implementing this business model and we are doing very well on return customers.

Anyways, any other thoughs on where '09 is bringing marketing?

wrekoniz3, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  4. bimasakti

bimasakti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i do not really care about what year is it, I do not care about the world economic situation is indeed a mess, I do not really care how much oil prices, though expensive, and we need that they would not want to buy oil will remain.
    when talking about the economy, the economic principle where there is demand and the needs and where there is consumer products needed. and what I do is try to work harder and better.

bimasakti, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  5. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Point is your not going to work harder or better if you do not realize that business around you is changing. The key i guess is to adapt to changing times, those who dont and who choose not to care, those are the companies which leave an empty building with a for lease sign in the front. The marketing industry is with out a doubt changing, i personally have seen increases in big company marketing spends and huge decreases in smaller budgeted companies.

Your telling me that none of that matters if you work hard? i gotta disagree, and im looking for the point of view of others who are in the industry.

i mean its not just supply and demand, if you cant read that the demand is going to switch from small to large companies and actually spending will go up on marketing for a final push for business before a company goes under than thats not good. If you have less businesses around the demand goes down, thus revenue goes down. Doesnt that matter to you?

More opinions other than mine please, i wanna see what everyone else thinks.

wrekoniz3, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  6. susinggih

susinggih Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree mate, in 2009 the marketing strategy (especially internet marketing strategy as this forum dealt) has to adapt rapidly to counter the effects of the global crisis. But I believe the key factor here is still cheap marketing. Because like what you said that every business owner tend to see marketing as a gambling they have to be sure about 2 things. First they have to gain from what they invest. Or if they don't gain anything at least what they have spent is so little to gamble.

in my point of view, internet marketing have been useful in strengthening the brand name. Or making a lot of traffic. How about selling products? I don't have any data to prove but I feel like it's not as effective as marketing in TV or newspaper. Hope I'm wrong though :)

susinggih, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  7. Paullie

Paullie Peon

Best Answers:
    Like real estate and the share market, rates expected by publishers is too much, especially lower tier publishers with low traffic rates and poor traffic.

Seeing this first hand, the only way for rates to go now especially is down.

I'm thankful to be in Australia in this economic crisis.

Paullie, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  8. Rian

Rian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I feel that the economic crisis around the world will not be much different this year from 2008. It will need some time to recover. We just need to stick through this time.

I am sure there will be opportunities for making money online, although not as big as we would want it to be.

Rian, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  9. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    i think its a matter of adapting to the industry in a time of changing business. ya know? and at that point you will be able to get a "Pot O' Gold" because there is a huge amount of money to be made online. People just dont see it because they limit them selves, they get into the same thing everyone else is doing and the effect is thousands milking the the proven way. More competition means less to go around. That is where business is limited, but if you adapt, and find a way to go the extra mile, it is easy to make a huge amount of money.

The economy unfortunately is going to be a factor in a lot of exec choices these days. So of course, if you want to make a lot of money you have got to be able to adapt to where the industry is going.

Lending is the biggest example of this, brokers sold people rates, they get to closing and the rates are higher. That Fked over soo many people, causing even more problems for the people and just made banks money AT ONE POINT. Thats not working any more.

I dont want online marketing following down that path, where companies just throw what ever they can at you hoping that you buy it. Then the campaign fails miserably and the company takes a loss, at this point unfortunately companies can not be taking losses.

I dont know, i dont want to spark a massive debate, everyone has their own strong opinion on the economy, and everyone is apparently an economy expert. lol

-Dom

wrekoniz3, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  10. jandermile

jandermile Banned

Best Answers:
    Lets hope it is a better year I need some more revenue to my sites and more business

jandermile, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  11. freddie_fireman

freddie_fireman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is the truth, and is also behind all the countermeasures that google has been putting in place, e.g., majorly downranking autoblogs and many directories, new adsense accounts require TLD active for 6 months, etc.

freddie_fireman, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  12. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    i think there is a possibility of companies who loose physical retail store space to turn to online marketing to sell products.

wrekoniz3, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  13. beth67

beth67 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this line of thought. More people are probably going to start thinking of an alternative to relying on a 9-5 job, even if they just get involved in online ventures part time. I think the next 5 years is going to bring many more people to start thinking differently and want to have a business of their own.
    I think 2009 is going to be a great year for online marketers! :)

Beth

beth67, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  14. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you consider 2008 to have been the tip of the iceberg then 2009 is going to be a whole lot worse...

This is of course true... There will always be opportunitites to make money...

And 6,000,000 that will lose their job this year....

Really? What sort of companies do you see go online?

giorgioarmani, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  15. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see how anyone can believe 2009 will be even remotely close to what 2008 is.. Both my parents are losing there jobs and they work in big factories.. the whole auto industry is about to crumble which would have a big down hill effect on other businesses and there is minimal people left to buy anything..

No job = no internet for some .. which will = less traffic and less ad revenue..

Since January hit already my income dropped 40% its not going to get any better.

joecool6101, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  16. seopankaj

seopankaj Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the bottom line is how to make internet marketing far cheaper than others.overall companies like adbrite especially need to step up customer support and start working with their customers less like salesman and more like their online marketing advisor. Instead of going to the sale companies need to give the customer what they really want, this will make the customer money keep them happy, and we can slowly bring shit back.

seopankaj, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  17. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope it's gonna be better, for everyone' sake. But I doubt it, because of the situation globally. I guess things will start to improve in 2010.

dmi, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  18. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    well what is comes down to now, is we need to clean our act up online. company after company just sets people up with crappy traffic, just for the money. Then you know what happens next time? They dont spend. We need to work collaboratively to reduce the risk in online marketing. Less risk = Better returns = More money to spend = more money to make.

The point is, regaurdless of what others "think" this industry will continue to make money, and companies right now are pouring in even more, in the hopes to see bigger returns to make up for the reduction in income. Check your facts, if your not in this business attending events, making money, being something other than a publisher, than your not going to see what people who do this for a living see.

Now, lets say it slows, that means the little junky networks are cut out, and we are back to pure networks. No more scams...etc. I see more and more sites circling the drain daily. We really need to cut out Paid To Click networks, thats another bigggg dragggg downnnn.

Btw. its illegal to sell adwords accounts, and thats the wrong thread. See this is the stupidity which is going to kill our industry. Stuff like that. People who cant just post in the right spot, but they wanna make every little penny they can. A Google Account is not your's to sell its property of google.com

wrekoniz3, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  19. mikebeta

mikebeta Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the Best year for Internet Marketing, for sure :)

mikebeta, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  20. athena08

athena08 Peon

Best Answers:
    My thinking is that as more and more people lose their jobs in 2009 and cannot find replacement employment they are going to turn to the internet as the answer, so it has the potential to be a terrific year for many of us internet marketers. As mentioned above in one of the posts, if you market newbie-friendly products especially you should expect a great 2009. Focus on the positive!

athena08, Jan 19, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.