1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Terrorists that Israel killed in Gaza

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Bestpublisher, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    So Hamas' attacks were not a reaction to occupation, or the killing of 6 Palestinians during the so called truce?

ThraXed, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Riiiight, it makes them more secure by pissing them off more.. which in turn, makes them fight back harder..

I mean it's not rocket science. You're having trouble distinguishing militants from non-militants. It's similar to the gun-control argument. Disarm everyone so that when the bad guys come to your door with the weapons they get off the black market as easily as pot, you'll have nothing more than a remote control in your hand to defend yourself.

ncz_nate, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  3. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having no more trouble distinguishing myself from them as Hamas is from distinguishing themselves from the general population. I mean they're doing their terrorist work amongst the population. They share responsibility when innocents get harmed.

LogicFlux, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  4. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    They wear uniform, it's quite clear from the pictures shown.

ThraXed, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not like hamas can get or afford high tech fighter jets, tanks ect from the US or other advanced country in the world like israel does

Realm, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hamas has it's own puppet master. It's called Iran.

GeorgeB., Dec 29, 2008 IP
  7. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    You've been so brainwashed by pro-Israel propaganda it's hard for you to understand, I know.

The hijackers on 9/11 were also previously amongst the population, should we begin starving ourselves?

Israel has just slaughtered 62 women and children.

8. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    lol Geroge you admitted a few posts ago you don't know much about the conflict and its roots and it shows here i'm not flaming you btw just correcting you, i think you mistaken Hamas for Hezbollah, two very different groups. Hezbollah recieves funding and weapons from Iran, some go as far to say Iran pulls their strings but nobody knows for sure.

ThraXed, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  9. Realm

Realm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but, I don't think iran is stupid enough to send high tech war machines without being detected...

Realm, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  10. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Nope. hamas started by not renewing a truce agreement. They don't want peace. Peace is not conducive to islam. Everyone knows their strategy. They attack Israel, then get their ass handed to them, then cry 'victim, we're a victim!' and eventually call for another truce/cease fire, so they can restock weapons again to attack Israel in another six months to a year.

Hard to believe such nonsense is coming from you. You're worried about pissing off terrorists? Good grief!

I agree. It's hard to even imagine you would put forth such a ridiculous argument. Where are those non-militants?

I don't believe you are in a position to council others about being brainwashed. Barely a year ago, you were against terrorists and certainly not anti-Israel. Apparently you've gone full-tilt into the Ron Paul anti-semitism and alex jones crowd.

No. Israel is defending itself from group of people that are occupying Israel's lands, who have vowed to kill any/every Jew and wipe Israel out. Lest we not forget, where "we" came from.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. What did you fall for today?

GTech, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  11. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, the ninja uniforms? But they live amongst the population.

12. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do you want them to live, on the moon? Anyone with an IQ above 60 knows Gaza is one of the most densley populated places in the world.

ThraXed, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  13. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Attacking in reaction to settlements being built is one thing. Attacking in response to violent attacks is another. There are better ways to protest Israeli expansion than through arms, since the palestinians have absolutely no chance of winning that fight.

And what do you call occupation? People have different views on where Israelis have a right to be. I believe you are one of the ones that believe they should not exist at all. And there's probably enough of those types in the palestinian population that would keep war going on indefinitely as long as there is any Israeli state in the region.

And with the existence of such hardliners, why shouldn't Israel be afraid to give up stuff? The whole point of giving land back would be for the land to serve as terms in a peace deal. But if there are those on the other side that won't quit fighting until you don't exist at all, then it's stupid for you to give stuff up in return for peace.

They gave up the gaza strip and what happened? The palestinians started killing each other there.

Israel is not innocent and they've done things to get the situation to where it is now, but now I'm afraid they have a tiger by the tail. There are examples from all over the world of Islamic extremist who will not compromise. In Chechnya, Indonesia, the Philippines you have radical islamists who want their own state. In Palestine you have islamists who want a region that doesn't include Israel and are unwilling to compromise.

So what does Israel do? Keep giving up things only to have the most radical elements keep attacking them? Or fight back and be more resistant to giving up things. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. It kind of serves them right, anyone who would want to set up shop in the middle of the middle east and think they can reason with those people is a damn fool.

14. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    So that justifies them launching rockets at Israeli populations by day and sleeping with innocents at night? When you have an ideological or religious stake in this I guess you can justify anything.

15. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe in a 2 state solution, so yes the state does have a right to exist if it allows the right to return for the refugees and agrees to 1967 borders.

ThraXed, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  16. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it? I don't know. My post was a reply to you saying they live among the population.

ThraXed, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  17. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    No, when one gives in to the temptations of violence, my sympathies are no longer with them. However, this is more of a logical argument than it is an emotional one. While I am not sympathetic to terrorism, I still recognize that provocative moves like this are obviously dangerous to both sides.

I clearly don't support Hamas or any terrorist organization. Quite a large crowd, you're assuming every Palestinian is a part of that?

What are you suggesting, that Israel wipes them all off the map?

I'm not anti-Israel. I'm not even pro-Palestine. I'm calling a wrong as I see it.

Really, the other side is saying the opposite about who occupies what "illegally". Again I think you're making the same mistake and generalizing all Palestinians as combatants. And again I say, what is your solution, starve and kill them all?

I stand for something far greater than a trivial party or ideology. The freedom and liberty of all man regardless of nationality, race or belief.

18. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    An odd position, to be sure. It seems to be the usual one-side observation. hamas is violence, but strangely, we see no scorn there. As described, you are saying you may have had sympathy for Israel, ONLY if they do not defend themselves. However, you've said nothing of hamas. Perhaps you were not aware it comes off in that manner?

Yes. They elected hamas, which is a terrorist organization. They are responsible for their elected officials.

Hamas? Yes. However, you must know that hamas' charter clearly states this for all of Israel. Strangely, I point out again, there is no mention of this by you for hamas. I can't help but wonder why. It seems you have different standards.

Looks like a one-way wrong to me, and one that clearly shows a bias towards a terrorist group. A lot of ron paul supporters are anti-Israel. Sort of goes with the territory, after his anti-semitic newsletters were exposed earlier this year.

And I see who you take exception with and who you don't.

I didn't take that away from reading your posts. I saw a one-sided opinion that wasn't reflective of reality and worthy of pointing out. The internet can convince just about anyone of anything they want to be convinced of.

GTech, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  19. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    The issue was starvation of Gaza, if you recall.. I'm not defending any terrorist groups, nor accusing Israel of their other terrorist activities.

Now why would the Palestinians elect a militant group like that? It would make sense for there to be a reason they would have a group elected with these terrorist motivations. As I've said before in another post, this is really (as far as I can see) a chicken or the egg dilemma. A problem neither side is ultimately justified in. Who started this bitterness?

That's not an argument you'll see me in much.

Hmmm, interesting. You made sure to define Hamas that you want destroyed but not the Palestinians in general. I think deep down you know exactly my point.

Oh god, not this Ron Paul stuff again.. are you over him yet :rolleyes:

I certainly don't like to see innocent people starve. Surely, any reasonable human would also object.

I'm only seeing a one-sided criticism ;)

20. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually agree with you. The 1967 border would be the best solution. The problem is it's an ideal solution. And an ideal solution isn't the same as a practical solution. If both sides could agree to it and it would appease the most radical elements, then great. But how does Israel know that they won't give up all of that for nothing? That the radicals won't feign agreement and then start attacking after the borders are redrawn anyway? It would be quite a gamble for Israel. And to be honest, I'd have a really hard time trusting the Palestinians. There are too many examples of radical Islamists just not wanting to compromise.