1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my new blog- Supremereviews.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by aflac68, Dec 29, 2008.

Here is the link

I like the basic look of the template but i will probably change the header when i get a chance... any suggestions?

Also if anybody would like to put a 125*125 ad on my site in the sidebar im offering free advertising until i get real advertisers. I will be promoting my site soon and it would look better if i had actual advertisements rather than the advertise here banners

If you would like your ad on my blog just post the banner and the link you want here. Its first come first serve for the ads

ohh and another thing dont comment on the domain name i will probably get it changed i had the idea that i would review clickbank products but im having second thoughts on that...

aflac68, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  2. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    The design is not bad but it's better to focus on 1 topic when you are blogging
    rather than blogging about everything.

kingofsanda, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    aflac68 likes this.
  3. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice site and a good layout, and nice dsign as well.

Kind Regards.

mrhrk01, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    aflac68 likes this.
  4. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok yeah i think thats the main problem i have in making a website theres tons of things that i want to talk about haha well ill try to catagorize it in some way... But thanks both of you for the reviews +rep

aflac68, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    the free advertising is still open so if anybody would like their banner on my site just post here

aflac68, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Think about actually writing something on your video posts, rather than just posting up a video.. (as someone suggested to me on my video blog).

Also, you can adjust videos to any dimension, try widening them to take up the entire area, instead of leaving the white space empty on the side. Tons of people have blogs with "interesting" videos on them, with no rhyme or reason...you need to construct it in a niche, like say..."All video game trailers", or "acrobatics" and use targeted keywords to review or discuss the video to draw SERP's.

You should definitely put a header on it, but it seems that you want this to be about "bad assed" stuff, like cars and games, so I would definitely suggest a colorful theme. Some of the newer free ones have come light years in design and are actually very cool.

Good luck with it.

hmansfield, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    aflac68 likes this.
  7. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks alot for the advice and ill see what i can do +rep

aflac68, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  8. godcha

godcha Member

Best Answers:
    good website

godcha, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  9. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks its very simple and im new to blogging so im learning along the way....

aflac68, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  10. mousavisepehr

mousavisepehr Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site and a good layout, and nice dsign as well.

mousavisepehr, Dec 31, 2008 IP
    aflac68 likes this.
  11. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks

Do you think it would be better to create different blogs on the different topics im talking about instead of trying to cram in it 1 blog?

Example
    Supremereviews Landing page goes to a blog about cars, music, videos, xbox, ect
    Like have my homepage link to different blogs on subdomains?

Ohh and can anybody suggest a name for my blog i really dont know what i should name it...

aflac68, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  12. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good advice. I decided to make a video blog so check out the update.

I still need to create a header...

Does anyone know how i can place a 468*60 ad right under my menu? I could place them in the posts but the menu is being hid by the videos so i need the ad to be in between the menu and the video.

aflac68, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  13. moneyearn

moneyearn Peon

Best Answers:
    good website for supreme. nice work and good luck

moneyearn, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    aflac68 likes this.
  14. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks

Ohh and the four 125*125 ad blocks are still free if anybody would like to advertise on my site for free

aflac68, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  15. colfer

colfer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not Bad WebSite:)

colfer, Jan 2, 2009 IP
    aflac68 likes this.
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    If you place an ad that sized under the menu it will throw off the symmetry and you will have this big gaping space. You should either place an ad that will take up the entire length of the top of the blog, but I personally think you have enough ads above the fold (header and side bar), what you need to work on the most is content, and maybe adding some color, or a new template design.

If you are talking about an ad in the post, just under the headline....I do not think that is wise either as you are putting in more ads than content, but if you are determined...open either single.php, or post.php (Which ever one controls single posts) and look for the date code, and place your ad code underneath...it should show up on every post.

hmansfield, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  17. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok thanks for the advice and i dont think i should put an ad there but i need to put something as the header disappears behind the embedded videos... maby ill put the video catagories or something and yeah i know i need color as its black and white... and for the content I know i need to write more on that too as there is 1 maby 2 sentences at most...
    +rep

also is it illegal to put the youtube/break.com logo in my header? like kind of a mix of all the video hosting sites?

aflac68, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  18. aflac68

aflac68 Peon

Best Answers:
    ive got some questions for everyone...

Do you like or dislike the music on the homepage?

And how should i display the video categories? i was looking to put something under the menu thats not a roll over thing but it shows every category and makes it clickable

Also is it illegal to put the youtube logo in my header and then at the bottom say the youtube logo is a registered trademark by youtube.com or whatever?

aflac68, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  19. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I generally stay away from using other people's logo's unless I am selling the product. There is really no need for it since the logo is in the corner of the video's.

Trying to piggy back the brand name recognition of You Tube will just get you in trouble, you need to make a name for yourself.

As a rule, automatic music playing on the home page is a no-no and has a tendency to turn people off. How can you determine who like what kind of music, and who want to hear what you think is good ?

Night Clubs, DJ's and Music companies do it all the time, but unless you want your site to be a badly coded My Space page for 8 year olds...stay away from music.

JMO

hmansfield, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  20. sparrosweb

sparrosweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Not bad. Pretty common though for a wordpress site. Maybe do some thumbs and more text would help you seo wise

sparrosweb, Jan 4, 2009 IP