1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to learn SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jordan656, Dec 25, 2008.

hi

I am interested in learning SEO. I know html, css and the basics of PHP. I can also manipulate scripts for flash and javascript but i don't 'know' them. Id like to learn SEO on my own site.

Does anyone know of any good tutorial sites / guides / ebooks / teachers.

i am not looking for someone to do it for me, I am looking for someone to teach em to do it myself, the main principles involved etc.

If anyones interested in being an SEO teacher PM me by the way.

Any reccomendations etc. appreciated. Cheers. Jordan

Jordan656, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  2. mark9510

mark9510 Peon

Best Answers:
    forums.digitalpoint.com is the #1 place to be
    just remember good content+links=traffic and traffic=$

mark9510, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Want to learn fast. SEO Elite, watch all the tutorials. Yes it's pay software. Or join SEOBOOK another paid subscription site. But if you really want to learn your stuff. Planet Ocean. And yes you pay for a yearly membership. You can read all the forums you want, or you can spend a few bucks and learn from people who really know what they are doing and get up to speed fast. I own and use all 3 in my business, and I have been for year. The total investment is chump change compared to the amount of time I save and what I learn. And I'm not saying there are not good free resources, but what I am saying is will you know the difference between good information and bad?

internetmarketingiq, Dec 25, 2008 IP
    Jordan656 likes this.
  4. Jordan656

Jordan656 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for the great advice. Can you just clarify for me though are you saying that you own these resources, or that you have paid to use them?

Thanks

Jordan656, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  5. fourd5dswb

fourd5dswb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bought "Search Engine Optimization: For Dummies" and that is how I learned the basics. I also used forums and blogs. But the best way to learn is jump right in there and get your hands dirty with your own site.

fourd5dswb, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  6. J M D

J M D Banned

Best Answers:
    yes seo book is good source for learn seo but i would like to suggest you can search different different blog related to seo technic that is more help full for you

J M D, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  7. beegle

beegle Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with that. You may see several blogs giving you tips on SEO/SEM but half of them have different opinions on what is what and what is not..

Have your own domain and keep experimenting. And you must read Digital Point forum regularly, post your doubt here if you have any questions or want some help and read the old archives for better knowledge.

We have very nice people here who'll suggest you the best possible answer and keep your interest in SEO alive even when you are on verge of giving up!

And SEO is like - 'the more you learn , the more you'll want to" :smile:

beegle, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  8. d35i9n

d35i9n Member

Best Answers:
    checkout the blog at seomoz.org (there daily blog is free and can be added to igoogle)

also seoquake and the seobook toolbar (if you use firefox) are a great tools to have
    having those will let you know if the website you are link building on is followed by crawlers and also other important data like its page rank,out/in links and its alexa rank. which is all good info to tell if trying to get your URL on the site is worth the time (a.k.a a juicy link)

the tools are also good for doing on site seo because you can check your keyword density
    and other important factors

d35i9n, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  9. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could start by reading a lot of post about it here. Here is where I get my knowledge about SEO.

Chancey, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  10. srip

srip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Search for a free ebook called "seo made easy". It would help you to know Seo Basics.

srip, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  11. antiseptic

antiseptic Peon

Best Answers:
    try this:

http://www.r10.net/google-optimizasyon/124590-lynda-com-un-search-engine-optimization-egitim-videolari.html

;)

antiseptic, Dec 27, 2008 IP