1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ Directory

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by jones1982, Dec 20, 2008.

I've added one of my site into DMOZ directory 3 month ago. But I dont see my link there! How will I know that my site still under review? will i resubmit my site?? Please help me.

jones1982, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  2. DonPedro

DonPedro Guest

Best Answers:
    Normaly, it takes arround 3 months for your link to be approved ( word of mouth ) . You might consider waiting another month tops, and then try to resubmit, but only after you review your submission and see where you could of done wrong ..

Links are reviewed by humans, people like myself and you, so you should stick to their TOS ...

Cheers.

DonPedro, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  3. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding is it can take any length of time from days to years, or never. Also do not re-submit it as that will put it back at the bottom of the editor's queue.

syted, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  4. MatriXica

MatriXica Active Member

Best Answers:
    you will have to wait up to 6 months... few websites get approved.. i havent been so lucky :d

MatriXica, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  5. mukeshsharma

mukeshsharma Banned

Best Answers:
    well the only thing i an say that have patience ...

mukeshsharma, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  6. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've read, I would only submit once.

I think I might apply to be an editor, not to list my sites but I guess it will be a learning experience if I become an editor.

Caesar1, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  7. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget if you do apply to become an editor
    Be honest in all respects especially about any affiliations with web sites
    Pick a category with less than 75 sites including any sub categories (you will automatically be editor of any sub categories so they are included in the numbers)
    Look at the sites that are listed and the descriptions, make sure the three sites you offer, as part of the application, really do fit the category (check the category description) to which you are applying and use a description and title which are like, in style, the sites already listed. Usually for the description that means something about the sort of site it is and what a surfer will find when they get there. Check your spelling and grammar carefully.
    You will be asked why you want to apply for that category, think about that before you apply.
    Good luck if you decide to do so, don't be put off if you get a refusal first time, but read carefully what they have said to you. I am sure you will be glad to know I have nothing whatsoever to do with new applications. The advice remains good.
    Finally be careful it can become addictive and we do, as you have seen here, get quite a lot of flack from some webmasters.

Anonymously, Dec 24, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  8. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I'm going to apply for a category that I want to add my site to, plus many of the links do not work not to mention some sites are not managed ie- full of spam bot posts with nothing original. it seems like atleast 4 links do not work. I have listed my sites and the domain names I own, and content that I made on other realated sites in the application proccess.

Caesar1, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Best of luck on your app Caesar. Hope it goes thru... based on what I've seen of your posts I think you'd make a good one. :)

robjones, Dec 25, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.
  10. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rob, we shall see.

Semper Fidelis!!!

Caesar1, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  11. inovasi84

inovasi84 Peon

Best Answers:
    is it wright that DMOZ is editing by person refered to what i know?take 3 month is much time to works but it great if site was index and get traffic....:confused:

inovasi84, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  12. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the job!!! I was rejected first, they gave me the list of reason why someone might get rejected for the position and the cat manager game me his or her reasons why. one was because I sugested two of my sites and the thierd one already had 3 listing in other sections of the directory it made sense so I listed sites that I liked that offered great content that the directory didn't have any listings for. wow so much stuff to learn, cant wait till I start to learn my way around!

Caesar1, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  13. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Caesar1,

Will probably chat in the community forums, when i work out your editor name ;)

Welcome aboard!

snooks, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  14. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is good to see that its all done and everything is going well.

I think that we should have an Army of Digital Point DMOZ Editors and have a private board somewhere to discuss.

That would be good, and no bribes!!!!

Best wishes,
    ~ Mike

ms2134, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  15. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL thank you Snooks, I will be there soon, I have so much I have to go over, or maybe I can just bug robjones if he wants my vote!

Caesar1, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  16. cathaylist.com

cathaylist.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted one of my site before, it took six months to get listed on DMOZ.
    I submitted my current website to DMOZ couple months ago and still not be listed.

cathaylist.com, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  17. Caesar1

Caesar1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it does seem like we have alot of DMOZ editors on DP. I'm open to beer, candy bars and blondes, but bribes???? NEVER!

Caesar1, Dec 26, 2008 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Naah, I' dont have keys to the front door anymore.... you hafta bug one of the current eds. You're correct that it'd be a good idea to get a longtimer to help shorten the learning curve... I'd track down Makrhod (she's good at raising newbies). You could learn it all by yourself, but you could also take out your own appendix with a pocket knife, tho I wouldnt suggest either. Congrats.

robjones, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  19. lxguy

lxguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have ever submitted my site to DMOZ since a year ago,but nothing happens for the present.

lxguy, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  20. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for suggesting your site. A volunteer will review it at some stage, but we don't know who or when that will be.
    Or perhaps they will find it in some other place.

Happy New Year! :)

makrhod, Dec 31, 2008 IP