1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should you use PLR Articles for your blog

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by slymarketing, Dec 24, 2008.

I am wondering, could you create a blog about a topic that you are not really "comfortable" writing about, and just buy PLR articles and publish them without any editing?

For instance, if you create a blog about some health issues and you become a member of a monthly plr article site, can you just publish one article each day from this site (if the articles are fairly good)?

Or should you create your own content, or edit the PLR articles?

- jens -

slymarketing, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  2. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    If you don't care about Google duplicate content penalty, then just use the PLR articles as it is. If not, take your time or hire someone to edit the articles.

dynashox, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  3. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you take some time to rewrite the articles a bit you will get much better results in the search engines.

richkid, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  4. David Jackson

David Jackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Jens, I personally think you'd be much better off if you used original content on your blog. I think that would be much more appealing to your visitors.

After all, no one wants to read content that hundreds or even thousands of other individuals have on their websites or blogs.

Part of the appeal of blogs is their uniqueness. The best ones are a combination of their author's personality and talent.

Sure you can edit the articles, but at the core they're still going to be PLR. They're never going to be just yours.

That being said, if original content isn't important to you, then by all means use the PLR articles. It's really a personal preference.

David Jackson
    Fundamental-Marketing-Blog.com

David Jackson, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  5. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    No no no... write your own and don't copy other people's work

Viktor Drej, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  6. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is, I have read the Blogging to the bank 3 ebook and the author writes that he uses several techniques in order to get content to his blogs. One of them are PLR, he hires writers, and he publishes his own stuff. Combination of a lot of different techniques.

I created a blog a while ago, and I really can't find the time to do the writing myself. Therefore, I have been considering using PLR instead... or maybe just sell the blog. But by using PLR targetted to the niche, I think that I might get quite a few visitors.

- jens -

slymarketing, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  7. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    PLR articles are great but I would suggest you to rewrite the content and make sure there are no duplicate content.

SEOTherapy, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  8. rangan

rangan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would not have started a blog if I know I would not have time to write blog posts. Nevertheless, you have started and now would like to persist with it. Good.

You can use PLR in your blog with or without editing. There would not be any penalization from Google. If you edit it a bit, your blog might be found in search results else you just have to depend on other means of traffic to your blog.

If you have time, please read this blog post on this perennial hot topic.
    blogavenues.blogspot.in/2012/07/duplicate-content-penalty-fully.html

Here is another piece that is well written and also answers your burning question.
    squidoo.com/plr_exploitation

Hope this helps.

rangan, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  9. webfella

webfella Member

Best Answers:
    One way to make a site suddenly drop in rankings is to put duplicate content on there - as soon as I cleaned up the site from plr, my rankings came back.

webfella, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  10. Handry7

Handry7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you dont feel comfortable or experienced in your website topic. I suggest that getting familiar with it will help you tremendously in the future. If its juicing for cancer, learn what juices help cure cancer, do they need to do a cleanse first or even a water or juice fast? what are some of the emotional and psychological things going on with these people. Go to their forum read and get to know you your ideal visitor/ customer.

Then you can look at a plr article and edit, add, subtract and what not to your hearts content. But at the most you should be getting ideas from PLR articles not copy and pasting it...That is my humble opinion.

Handry7, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  11. globeinnov

globeinnov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PLR is okay. Just use copyscape make sure your article will end up unique.
    If not, I guess it is a much better option if you hire writers instead
    (start here at digitalpoint) lots of cheap members offering their writing services.

globeinnov, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  12. ivanklasic

ivanklasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Every website owner would wants to gain recognition and as well rank well on search engine. Using duplicate contents could hurt your ranking. Rather, take a little time to rewrite the sentences or paragraphs in your own unique way, change keywords and topic and then post it. That way, it would fare better as being unique..

ivanklasic, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  13. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Using your own quality content is the best way for search engine.

rith, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  14. MaxRey

MaxRey Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jens,

The best thing would be to edit it a little, or rewrite it. But if you have no time,
    you can publish directly your articles PLR. I do not think you have any problems.

Also you have to put much emphasis on the generation of traffic to your blog.

Greetings

MaxRey, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  15. SEObaby

SEObaby Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything wrong in using PLR for your blog, although I would highly recommend re-writing it. Not just from a Google point of view, but from your visitors point of view. Do you really want them to read the same articles with the same exact wording as 100 other sites? I use PLR on my affiliate sites, but I totally re-write it. Only takes about 20 minutes and the articles are fresh and unique.

SEObaby, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  16. holmes15

holmes15 Peon

Best Answers:
    you could use them if you dont care about ranking in google. why not re-write them or better yet read them to get ideas to write orginal high quality articles, if you do that visitors are more likely to stay on your site and buy from you. like google says create content for visitors not search engines.

holmes15, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  17. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It better you grab some free article spinner to help you spin over the article then only post to your blog.
    Too much duplicate content not only hurt your SEO, you might even get your site banned.
    Google Penguin and Google Panda work real hard to catch duplicate content and autobot backlinks and punish those sites.
    If i were you , i rather paid 5 dollar to get someone to rewrite an article if you do not have time to change the article.

JerrickYeoh, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  18. BrittMalka

BrittMalka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use PLR as a basis for your blog, but use it as if you'd paid somebody to do the research for you. Don't just copy and paste it to your blog.

The reason is NOT to avoid doublicate content, but that if you do, you are not making your blog stand out.

Why should people go to your blog, and click on your links, if they could just as well read anybody else's blog? You need to make your blog posts yours! Add your swag to the posts.

Another great way to produce more content of a high quality is by doing content curation. It has some added bonuses, like providing authority to your blog, and that you don't have to do as much writing.

If you haven't done so already, then you should consider learning about content curation.

BrittMalka, Aug 8, 2012 IP