1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why your site is not getting any traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Viktor Drej, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think those have a lot to do with it, so get traffic.

But if you're getting a traffic and no sales, then that means your website or article or webcopy didn't draw a reaction from the customer. So I believe efforts should be concentrated on words that can pre-sell the customer to buy rather than trying to shove all the traffic to your site.

Augra, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I only have a few sites, less than ten, and I am finding it hard to FIND TIME for them. I have a new plan in the works that requires me to dedicate a few hours each day towards webmastering. I need a lot of help, I have no friends or family that can help out in this area.

Included in my webmastery is caring for a couple of sites while their owners are on temporary hiatus.

So, I'm not sure WHAT to do. I'm not "lazy" with it, but I am pulled in all directions. It's tough!

I barely have time to create my content, let alone make a big traffic drive. I use Adwords for most of my money traffic. I've spent the last few months sharpening my work with affiliates and ads. I've seen a huge performance increase, I just wish there was more of ME to go around!:p

One of my biggest problems with my affilate promotions is when they expire. I then have to go and hunt them down and prevent "dead" invalid links. This drives me crazy!

Karen May Jones, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  3. spiritfly

spiritfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... let me see

me,
    me,
    me,
    me,

last ..me again!

yup, it's true! I find this post very helpful, motivating and entertaining! :)

spiritfly, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  4. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you want to make money online? you just need to invest in a good niche, and invest in it a lot of money, hire some marketers to do the job for you.

wounded1987, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  5. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now THAT's funny. :D

copper12, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  6. platsuccsys

platsuccsys Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not that people are lazy, i believe that it is the inability to think outside of the box. It is also the beginner's who think that if they listen to the latest "guru" and what that person says is gospel then it will work for them for overnight riches. I do have to agree with you though in that it is quite annoying to see the same question asked over and over again in hopes that they pick up some kind of SEO traffic from one link in the big grand scheme of things. Blame it on society though. Today we are now out of the x generation and into the me generation where almost everyone growing up is growing up on values that i do not want to work hard to earn my money. I want to be given it. Sure that will hurt a couple of people's "feel goods" and for that I apologize but let's be real, spamming forums with "How can i get more traffic to my site?" Please think outside of the box if you feel that this is the only way that you can generate traffic.

platsuccsys, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  7. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for all comments... Let me know if how can I help...

Viktor Drej, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  8. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree with most of these. It's either people don't know what to do (available in forums, books, google, etc.), or they don't do what they know. A lot of people are also looking for some "secret" traffic strategy that delivers a ton of traffic quickly with very little work.

Hagen, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  9. Divyani

Divyani Peon

Best Answers:
    guys keep posting these entertaining post for all of us.... :D :D :D lollllllllllll.....................

Its good to read some of these post after answering some serious posts. ;)

Wishing all members a very happy Christmas

Divyani, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  10. JNRCORPS

JNRCORPS Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i think this is right, the nail just got hit on the head. i think 99% of people are looking for that SECRET TRAFFIC STRATEGY

I might just write the ebook "the secret traffic strategy" maybe i will be rich in the new year :D:D

JNRCORPS, Dec 24, 2008 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  11. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL... there are a lot of those ebooks already but people keeps on asking because they don't want to follow instuctions and hoping for easier ones..

Viktor Drej, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  12. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let you know how you can help us?

Uhhhh, noobie, shouldn't you know something besides the obvious anyway, and know how to bring in a lot of quality traffic?

lol okay, man.

Sorry, but that remark of yours was funny.

copper12, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  13. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    I DISAGREE....

What if your website:
    1) Has competitors who are just too powerful, the websites are authorities, and they don't link to you without money.
    2) You don't have the money to invest in promotion/advertising.
    3) You promote the site through sig links, because forums are the only way for you to advertise, because your niche is not popular on Social bookmarking sites and the few blogs about your subject are extremely high-traffic and don't link to anyone.

It's very difficult to promote a site. Especially if you don't spend or have the money to spend too much. Especially depending on your niche.

I use to know a site that was about gaming, there was absolutely no way to advertise it, the game it provides a service for is 10+ years old!

Tarkan, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  14. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    i'm too lazy on this matter ..i have bought many ebooks here on Dp.. but never read .. other people buy it and read it and make huge money.. damn i'll gonna read those books again..

010081, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  15. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what you are talking about... hater..'

Disagree to what? Your post is nothing but negative and discouraging... Sorry but everything is possible if you are willing to learn and put it on work... If that is your belief and consider everything difficult, it is also difficult for you to succeed... Think positive...

I did never spent a single cent to one of my sites but after 6 months, the site got PR4 and alexa of 56k with 2,300 uniques daily before I sold if for $4,500... Now tell me if I need money to promote...

Viktor Drej, Dec 25, 2008 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  16. moonwalker

moonwalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This should be a sticky post. I agree.

moonwalker, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  17. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Try that with a bad niche, it may take you years.
    Thinking positive is great, but if your only way to advertise is through forums, it's going to take a while. Especially with high quality competitors, which users don't feel the need to go elsewhere.

Tarkan, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  18. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Why would I try if I already know it is bad? Did I say I only advertise in forums?

How many times you failed BTW? It seems you are losing hope...

Everything is possible...

Viktor Drej, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  19. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the url?

copper12, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  20. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    One website I have is only 4.5 months old, and gets fairly good SERP rankings but the content is difficult to write, and the competitors have been doing their job for years and years, and they been doing a great job. And unless you spend money, the only way to advertise is through forum sig links.

Tarkan, Dec 25, 2008 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.