1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PAYPAL? Prepaid visa card? does it works?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by MixerDudeMixer, Dec 21, 2008.

?

what u think?

1. i KNOW that u can link and confirm paypal with prepaid visa

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Sorry but u cant Link and Confirm paypal acc with prepaid visa

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Paypal Sucks sacmmers!

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. paypal limit acces to all accounts with no reason!

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
    what u think? can i buy prepaid visa register to paypal link and confirm my account? have anyone tryed?

after everything i read here about paypal i think they sux

MixerDudeMixer, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  2. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Things such as prepaid credit/debit cards may or may not work well when it comes down to confirming your PayPal account and making sure it remains "safe". The best thing to do would be to add an actual bank issued debit card or credit card.

hav0c, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The purpose of verification is so that paypal can use an independent 3rd party to determine that your identity is true and accurately stated in your paypal account. Prepaid VISA Cards may be sold without verification and would fail to satisfy that core purpose. This would prevent scammers from entering their system. The purpose of verification is not so that you can find loopholes to get around this.

If you are conducting an honest business and complying to paypal rules then you should not have anything to fear by using your bank issued credit card or bank account.

eddy2099, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  4. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I used a prepaid Visa on my PayPal and was on the phone asking them if I could use one. They didn't care...

flaco, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  5. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They may have told you at one time that they "didn't care" but I guarantee that you will care if it ever becomes necessary to provide information for that card that you can't produce.

hav0c, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it does work fine as it experienced by my fiance.
    And it does work exactly same as you using CC to verified it.
    But your prepaid card must have at least $2 for paypal to verified it

mentos, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. alweb

alweb Banned

Best Answers:
    i KNOW that u can link and confirm paypal with prepaid visa !
    It works for me , but I verified my account when I open it using my " normal " cc
    which has expired and now I'm using prepaid .
    But mine is MasterCard and the bank issues it for Online use only .

alweb, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  8. MixerDudeMixer

MixerDudeMixer Peon

Best Answers:
    ok ty enther question if i register with prepaid card and verfiy it right after register they will ask my driving licenses and stuff like that? cuse im only 14 years old :cool:

MixerDudeMixer, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they might ask you that and for your utility bills and credit card statements from time to time.

eddy2099, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  10. Shafiq Kamal

Shafiq Kamal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can. Buy from trusted someone. I bought 1 VCC today from a Indian guy for facebook ad. And it is working fine.

Shafiq Kamal, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    How trusted can one be if they breached their contractual agreement with their bank by selling you their VCC number which is supposed to be exclusive for their own use. They do not have the licenses to resell their own account. Besides you be using his identity via his card to claim that you are him.

Simply disgraceful.

eddy2099, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  12. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it will work. I know a few people who have been using VCC verified paypal for quite sometime now without any issues.

peepin2me, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  13. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    It does work as my cousin has his account verified this way for nearly a year now.

cool_78, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  14. Shafiq Kamal

Best Answers:
    I think either you never used VCC or you have no clear concept about it. That's why you are telling this. VCC will work with any name, any billing address.

Shafiq Kamal, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  15. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I know but is your VCC issued directly from a bank or from someone's Indian HDFC bank account which is made exclusively for the account holder.

eddy2099, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  16. Shafiq Kamal

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter, from where it issued as long as it works for anyone. If you think it is illegal, then think about the seller's money paypal hold for 180 days without any logical true reason, and enjoy interests on those money.

Have u ever heard, paypal gave anyone interests for holding the money for 180 days? They are stealing within the law. And don't think Bank are doing always honest work with us. As long as we are not harming anyone anyway, it's ok.

Shafiq Kamal, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  17. hav0c

hav0c Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have a lot to learn. Whether you believe it or not, there's always a logical and explainable reason why certain PayPal account become limited and there is a 180-day hold period for funds. It is not stealing and you are agreeing to that type of action by signing up for an account.

hav0c, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  18. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal does not just randomly freezed people's accounts. They only do it if the party is engaging in illegal activities or breached their contractual agreement with paypal. They would be given an option to redeem themselves by providing the necessary documentations but if they don't, their account would be frozen. Stealing is when paypal swallow up your money, it is not about returning it to the buyer or seller.

Some activities such as accessing or signing up from a non-supported account, using anonymous Proxy, using fake ID such as photoshopped utility bills or VCC, engaging in money laundering (or using the Send Money method to request for money instead of the Email Invoice and/or Request Money option), being underaged, selling items which are prohibited by Paypal, setting up more than one paypal account and so on. Such things would get your account frozen. If you look around, that is pretty much why most people who has frozen accounts got their account frozen.

eddy2099, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  19. digi1

digi1 Peon

Best Answers:
    How You Gonna Deliver A Credit Card Statement For A Vcc If Paypal Asks For Such ?

digi1, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously, you can't. That is why a VCC should not be used unless the VCC comes directly from your own bank account in which you can provide the bank statement to which the VCC was created.

If you bought it off someone's elses HDFC bank account then there is pretty much nothing you can do since you technically 'borrowed' his identity to claim to be yours. I know it is anonymous and such but it is still link to the card holders account and not yours.

You can't go to the HDFC and ask for assistance because it would be deemed prohibited by their bank policy to even share the VCC with others as it is supposed to be exclusively for the account holder's personal usage only.

I supposed you just have to accept defeat as such things would be expected when you use a VCC. Use your own credit card when you sign up with paypal, otherwise do not use paypal at all.

eddy2099, Dec 25, 2008 IP