1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SPAM sites...billions of results!!!!

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nintendo, Jun 17, 2006.

1. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    Look at the alexa data to see the mad traffic he's been getting over the past three weeks. And it aint simply from a few hundred webmasters talking about him.

axemedia, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  2. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    over 1 million, easy.

3. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Can't really tell you the estimation, but there are many searches for such weird terms everyday!
    I remember, a social networking site I own had a blog entry last year by one of my members titled "My BoyFriend is a dickhead" ..lol
    And the site went in the top 10 for this phrase and received about 90 hits daily for 2 months for these terms from google!
    These searches are mostly done by the, not so e-literate, crowd! Generally people who are introduced to the internet recently or so or are not aware of google or how searches are done!
    And also this traffic is more converting since such people are not so adsense blind and when they see text ads most of them consider it as links and go on clicking! So the CTR jumps up!
    Abhishek

-Abhishek-, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  4. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot rely on alexa, however I looked and I see he ranks well for today..and I think that is because so many webmasters now check his sites and some of them use alexa toolbar.

rehash, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  5. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    Hows this
    For his one site with 5billion pages indexed.

1 page view of each indexed page per month (if you don't' like that approximation then assume 1 page out of every 100 gets relatively good ranking for a relatively obscure term so gets 100 page views per month).

1% click through rate
    5c cost per click for adsense.

Estimated earnings per day $83,333

Wild guesses but still...

jaybong, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  6. Pjotter

Pjotter Member

Best Answers:
    RESULTS ARE DROPPING !!!!

Half an hour ago :
    site:eiqz2q.org > 1.770 M
    Now 1.220 M

Pjotter, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  7. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like google said, the number is not even close to 5 billion but much lower, however $83/day is not that good, think that his sites dont live more than 1 month, then he has to starts all over again: new domains, new hosting, new backlinks, etc

rehash, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  8. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    The result was over 6 billion today afternoon! And he has not one site but many sites! And maybe he has some script or mod for apache and does all the work for him! And this seems to be one account on the planet ? There can be 100s more!Or if its a company there can be 1000s more!
    Abhishek

-Abhishek-, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  9. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    Alexa may not be the most accurate, but look at the chart data and how the traffic has been growing quickly for past three weeks. Webmasters only started talking about him today.

Alexa does not pull those numbers out of its ass. If he is ranking in top 2000 (for at least two sites mind you) then all the other sites on the web that rank at about the same level are experienceing about the same ammount of inaccuracy form alexa. So alexa is then a spot on measure to compare with other sites. When your traffic is that big, it no longer matters what portion of your traffic is webmasters with alexa toolbar installed. (though country of origin may play a role still)

I know of a few sites that rank in 1000-2000 area and receive about 1 million to 3 million uniques per day. UNIQUES!!!!

10. falcondriver

falcondriver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think it would be a really good idea to bring out a FREE script what does exactly the same. if you only get crap like this at the first 3 pages at google then they have to do something against spam like this (or people will just move to another search engine).

falcondriver, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  11. pokercards

pokercards Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like somethings happening anyway.

there were 536 million results for t1ps2see.com.

Repeating the search resulted in 1 billion results and now back to 536million....

pokercards, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  12. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    People have been doing this sort of stuff for a LONG time so there are loads of scripts out there. Most webmasters would prefer to keep activity like that "under the radar" and now just because it's first page news everyone is wonder how this guy has done it? Now you want a copy of this script when before you've seen how powerful it is & how possibly "profitable" it is.....

So in essence, has this little experiment by the Spammer in question made people look at spammers in a different light?

adwordaffiliate, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  13. Amilo

Amilo Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope so :D

Amilo, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  14. eric55

eric55 Peon

Best Answers:
    My clicks are redirected to a dating site for the ones that I do a "site:" search.

I think he must being also doing something with using tons of different IPs. Otherwise the theory that G sees these as seperate-- a good theory-- would break the idea that G doesn't count a lot of links in the same IP block.

eric55, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  15. montux

montux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nintendo;
    What are techniques behind that? sholuld be mastermind..
    really interesting..their alexa is 1,894 today so it should be in Alexa top 100 movers sooon..

montux, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  16. eric55

eric55 Peon

Best Answers:

Good question and it does make this whole thing just blow my mind. Asleep at the wheel with the smartest minds and the most money.

One search you are looking for is...http

just check now and it is: 10,650,000,000 returned in about .15 secs. The irony is that I don't think that returns sub-domains-- no way to search so they are included.

Better I guess is www

but then I gues people are trying "the" or "a" and getting a bigger number.

eric55, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  17. eric55

eric55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't others agree this IS the biggest PR disaster G has faced since in the last year or so.

So many people jumping up and down about how they are they are worthy of world dominance. Looks now like they are not worthy of networking my office.

eric55, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  18. jimboot

jimboot Active Member

Best Answers:
    err I don't think so - read the thread or search for the letter "a" which of course does not include a bunch of asian & other character sets

jimboot, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  19. Percept

Percept Peon

Best Answers:
    I really wonder if we'll hear something about this on the official Google Blog ...

It's a PR disaster and more of them are on the way:
    - clickfraude will get much more attention soon and threaten their #1 source of income (which is about 90% of their total income)
    - privacy concerns keep rising, especially when they release stuff like 'Browser Sync'

Percept, Jun 18, 2006 IP
  20. Percept

Percept Peon

Best Answers:
    Btw, how long before main stream media is going to pick this up ...

Percept, Jun 18, 2006 IP