1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Visual C#, Unable to intall my program on other computers

Discussion in 'C#' started by uzairfarooq, Dec 22, 2008.

I have developed a program using Visual C# in windows vista. It runs fine on my computer.But when I try to install it on other computer having XP it displays an error message. Error details are here:-
    ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [12/21/2008 7:58:06 PM] System.ArgumentException
    - Value does not fall within the expected range.
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAp pId.EnumAppPath()
    at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifest s(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescriptio n.ToActivationContext()
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

I had also installed .net framework 2.0 and windows intaller 3.0 manually.

Please help me. I will be really thankful to you.

uzairfarooq, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  2. yugolancer

yugolancer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it a click-once installation?

yugolancer, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  3. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Also can you check if project was built targeting a different FW version than 2.0?
    When you create a new project using the IDE you can select preferred framework e.g. 2.0 or 3.5.
    Please check this and also answer the previous question ... i'll be waiting for your feedback :)

4. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yugolancer has provided good responses. the only other thing I can suggest is to use InstallShield Express to build a proper installer. Installshield will help you check for dependencies/ prerequisites that need to be included with your program.

brian65, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  5. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Hi Brian,

I was wondering if InstallShield Express is free? I was used to make the setups using the full version 5-6 years ago (when i was working for another company). But, i haven't even seen this outstanding product since then.

6. uzairfarooq

uzairfarooq Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, it is a click-once installation. But I am sure that frame work is 2.0 because it is written in the requirements of installation package.

uzairfarooq, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  7. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    Please check if there is an old installation. If so uninstall the older version and then try again with the installation.
    Also don't forget to update the versions of deployment and application manifest. If versions do not match you will keep getting this error.

8. uzairfarooq

uzairfarooq Peon

Best Answers:
    Very Good. I had solved my problem. Thanks to all of you especially yugolancer.

uzairfarooq, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  9. yugolancer

Best Answers:
    I am glad to be of help farooq :)

yugolancer, Dec 25, 2008 IP