1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Write Arabic In Photoshop - URGENT HELP :(

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by glitto, Dec 21, 2008.

I have a client who wants Arabic language on banners, he has given me the text written in Arabic but I don't know how to write Arabic language in Photoshop.

I downloaded some Arabic fonts but they don't seem to work.

Can anybody please help me how can I use Arabic fonts in Photoshop? :(

glitto, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  2. Volt Nincs

Volt Nincs Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean they don't seam to work? They don't appear in the list, or when you type them in they just don't appera properly ?

Volt Nincs, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  3. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming a windows user here.

You might have a fun go at it - trying to edit text in a language you don't support on a non-unicode operating system.

What it looks like to me, is you either don't actually have arabic fonts, or the letters of the Arabic sample text are not unicode, and no calling the same glyph names as the arabic counterparts in the unicode arabic font.

What do I recommend? Getting an operating system that supports unicode, or getting an operating system that includes native support for the language you're trying to edit.

Welcome to vendor lock in and non compliance to industry standards. I hope it doesn't cost you your client, but it's gotta make you wonder - is paying more for an operating system that will lose me work because of not meeting standards really saving me any money?

innovati, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  4. glitto

glitto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes the fonts are appearing in the list in Photoshop but when I select them they don't show the Arabic correctly. :confused:

glitto, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  5. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    did ur client giv u the text written in arabic? if so, JUST COPY PASTE...

campolar, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  6. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    Campolar: in theory. If you're using Windows it may be a lot trickier than that because of lack of unicode support.

I have fought with different scripts. Hebrew, Sanskrit (don't ask, it's a really nerdy answer) and those IPA phonetic alphabet characters.

Even on a machine *with* unicode support it can be tricky to get it right.

I'd recommend you looking into getting your operating system some arabic suppor, and see if that helps you out. Unfortunately Microsoft not only doesn't comply with industry standards, and fails to implement their own standards with feature parity, but they also go further to take support out so they can make more money by selling limited and localized versions of their operating system with limited language support.

You might not be able to do this without additional software, and it might be easier to simply contract this out to a designer that either has experience with doing arabic design, a Mac user who would have unicode support, or you might have to go back to your client and be honest: "I neither have the skills nor the software to complete the job I said I could, I'm very sorry (here's the money you may have already paid me) and I apologize for all of your time I have wasted."

innovati, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  7. Splash

Splash Guest

Best Answers:
    Try getting the Arabic language pack and changing to it when working with the letters so you can actually read them. I'm assuming that you use XP or Vista.

Splash, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  8. RobPinnacle

RobPinnacle Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may simply be that your operating system doesn't support Arabic. If its not letting you copy/paste it that can be the only reason. Once updated it, it should work fine. Additionally, you could always ask someone else to do it for you on here? Most of the time people are pretty friendly.

RobPinnacle, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  9. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    if you're comissioning work you'd better expect to pay though.

I don't understand how a modern vendor-supported operating system doesn't ship with support for languages you might bump into. Sounds like you were charged for software that you can't use for development.

I guess it comes down to buying the right tools for the job. Any mac in the world could do this for software that costs 125$, and any linux distro could do this for a cost of 0$.

You have to take things like this into account when you choose your operating system you develop on. If you choose a proprietary system that's incredibly limited, you might have your hands tied when it comes to an out-of-the-ordinary request.

innovati, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  10. myst729

myst729 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're using Windows, open the Regional and Language Options from Control Panel, check the settings.
    I suppose this would work. And yes, Arabic fonts are necessary.

myst729, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  11. xerxes235

xerxes235 Peon

Best Answers:
    this is due a bug in adobe products because the preprocessing of these languages is not done well. If you are using Mac OS you can use the free tool for writing persian/arabic texts in adobe products published on my blog:

infracyber.com/post/2011/09/07/Tool-for-typing-PersianArabic-Texts-in-Adobe-products-in-Mac-OS.aspx

Regards
    Hamidreza Vakilian

xerxes235, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  12. mody_coder

mody_coder Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to configure the windows, to select the right to left languages and Select one of the arab countries with it.
    Good luck.

mody_coder, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  13. evertheunknown

evertheunknown Peon

Best Answers:
    You just need to use the photoshop templates for the
    PC: adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4107

MAC: adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4106

I have a detailed explanation of how to use the templates here: languagestudyhall.com/blog/2011/01/typing-arabic-in-photoshop/ , which I wrote out after spending hours researching this myself.

evertheunknown, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  14. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    if you can use coral draw then it is easy install tha arabic fonts in window fonts. then type arabic in inpage and import it into the coral draw and convert it into vector design and move the text into photoshop eaisly. or u can make a banner in coral draw eaisly

Irfi0009, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  15. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    it will not show b coz they r scaler if u r convert it into vector then it will work

Irfi0009, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  16. vertexit

vertexit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You may search on youtube, There have lots of video tutorial.

vertexit, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  17. ali987

ali987 Member

Best Answers:
    if your operating system is linax(ubuntu) it is easy. download a arabic front for photoshop. i think now it is happning.

ali987, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  18. mamtak

mamtak Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop have lot of options for language. you can use them or if you are not able to find them. then download some font from internet.

mamtak, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  19. Webinx

Webinx Member

Best Answers:
    Your client gave you the Arabic text, so that makes it super simple. You don't have to install anything. Simply use the font Arial and the paste it while the text option is available. Really simple :)

Webinx, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  20. grim111

grim111 Banned

Best Answers:
    Google>arabic fonts for photoshop.

grim111, Feb 8, 2012 IP