1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Category Works Better?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DNBro, Dec 12, 2008.

Hi Guys,

Firstly I’m planning to get into Amazon associate program with a proper hosted site, after going through so many threads found that Amazon associate program is better than eBay program with commission along with high shopping price.

Now looking forward hear from those are into Amazon for long time, looking forward few genuine answers only

Which type of category having high level of competition?
    Which category of products sells in high numbers (qty)?
    Which category works better with Amazon (commission)?

I know one thing Amazon site is very much popular for books both domestic and international market, same way looking forward answers for above questions.

Thanks

DNBro, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Everything seems to sell on Amazon. I have not been at it long...just 3 months but I've set up 15 full sites in that time and making sales.

I think you need to look at what you know & love first.

Price points next...trying to sell high dollar items takes a good deal of resolve and can be discouraging at times.

Price points under $100.00 are best as you can usually pry a visitors wallet open then. People won't mind spending $50.00 bucks and not getting exactly what they thought they would

Few are going to spend $2,000.00 on an HDTV online...

If you want to boost your commission you should use a mix of products....such as books, music, videos, etc that you can sell alot of and boost your commission percentage level to the highest possible each month and then have some sites which may have higher price points to earn high dollar amount commissions.

Hope it helps!

Sem-Advance, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  3. bass

bass Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Home & Garden is Bestseller!

bass, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  4. pokkynaja

pokkynaja Peon

Best Answers:
    Electronic is good category.

pokkynaja, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  5. Parka

Parka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best category is one where you have the knowledge to write and explain the items featured.

Go for something you like, if not you'll be sure to be bored and find it a chore to update in the future.

Parka, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  6. DNBro

DNBro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all guidance, as per my knowledge i have choosen the category electronics, but I think it having high level of competition than any other category.

Anyways I can see the feedbacks with in 3-12 months, also learn so many new things within this period, then accordingly I can add more sites or workout new categories.

Also more than interest, we are starting amazon site to earn $$$ by promoting products. In this level both price and market demand are more important along with knowledge of market.

Thanks

DNBro, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  7. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    out of all categories you choose the one that has fixed lowest % - 4
    and there is alot of competition there
    so to the questions:
    1. electronics has high competition. especialy for the most popular items.
    2. books, dvds and music sells in high numbers and the commission is not that bad too.
    3. everything else but electronics has increasing commission % depending on the number of sales you make. no matter how much the items cost it still counts

pixads, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  8. DNBro

DNBro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying electronics items having high commssion? my Amazon associate panel showing, 4% commsion, after selling 7th item, my commission will increase to 6%.

DNBro, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  9. phaiboon

phaiboon Peon

Best Answers:
    Electronic, I think.

phaiboon, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  10. ampmlinks

ampmlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    Even electronics has high competition. You can earn with products price under than $100.

ampmlinks, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  11. DNBro

DNBro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the inputs, especially about pricing and category.

Is it a wise decision to mix products like books, music, video etc then creating general store instead of specialized store?, which option having more chance unique visitors and sale?

Just want to clarify, ex I’m selling digital camera, then I can also suggest related sub categories like camera lenses, bags etc or even a video camera but is it a wise decision I suggest HDTV or home décor item along with digital camera?

Thanks

DNBro, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  12. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pixads, Dec 20, 2008 IP