1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

will Iran ever become a democracy? DUHHH they were one!!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by pingpong123, Dec 13, 2008.

pingpong123, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  2. uploas

uploas Peon

Best Answers:
    YES, i know, they also had awesome relationship with Israel.
    When the Islam took over the government they went so bad.

uploas, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  3. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    They still don't pose a threat to anyone, unless you live in a world with boogey men and tooth fairys.

ThraXed, Dec 13, 2008 IP
    AGS likes this.
  4. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I am convinced that Iran wants an Islamic empire and that scares the shit out of me. Theocracy in general scares me.

earthfaze, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  5. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are missing the point. It isnt about whether they pose a threat or not, its how they had a democracy and it was destroyed by our government and the brits. As far as not posing a threat , actually they have a proxy army in lebanon , so they are trying to dominate the region.

Earthphase , i have always been one who supports separation of church from state, and whoever thinks iran doesnt pose a threat to its neighbors is blind. They pose the same type of threat to the region that our government and the brits posed ever since WW2 ended.

In lebanon for example, nothing is done without the blessings of the second in command(syria) and the king of that region(IRAN). Trust me Iran is no angel either.

Uploas how did the mullahs take over? It was because of operation AJAX, which our government and the british government secretly planned together. This info would never have been released to the public if it wasnt for the freedom of information act, plus it wasnt released till much later. This is exactly what Ron Paul said when he talked about BLOWBACK.

6. YSeo

YSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think iran should be more opened to the world and let there population to live the way the want to - dating in public etc.

YSeo, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  7. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I do too but it is a theocracy. There is the supreme ruler and what he believes is what is law. I will gladly blame all the stupid old men in my government who made that possible. I personally thought it was common knowledge we helped cause the shitstorm that is now the middle east. But blame doesn't fix anything does it.

8. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "more opened" dude, who defines that? You? No you don't and have no right to do so. You see, this kind of attitude is what gets you guys a bad name in the rest of the world. You just like to dominate with your pathetic ideas. The world is fed up with your nonsense and won't tolerate it anymore. Got it?

and for Iran being a threat, it was never a threat and won't be for a long time to come UNLESS you believe the boogie man is out to get you as ThraXed mentioned..

and please don't ignore the fact that you Americans threw out the government of Iran and brought evil upon Iran, just like you did to so many other countries in the world. Your democracy is nothing but a fraud. Your early generations would be spitting on you at this point.

M5love, Dec 13, 2008 IP
    Nima likes this.
  9. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    That is an awful lot of bullshit you are spouting. Hate much?

10. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bullshit to you only, not to the rest of the world. Welcome to reality buddy. Wake up to it before you get a shocking of your life.

M5love, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  11. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, ancestors spitting on me, pathetic ideas, whole world hates the US blah blah blah. Sounds pretty hate filled and irrational to me.

12. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hate filled? Define it please.. I don't hate Americans because they're human beings just like any other national in this world. I don't hate because of a "nationality".. I hate the actions that your governments carry out. That the whole hates too. That's a fact, not "pathetic ideas" nor "irrational thinking" ...

M5love, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  13. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The Islamic revolution brought evil to Iran. Spin your way out of that reality.

browntwn, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  14. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    the islamic revolution came about because of the way the shah ruled iran with an iron fist with his secret police and our meddling in iranian affairs by destroying democracy by taking out the very progressive mossadegh. Mossadegh never wanted to nationalize iranian oil but saw no other way out, not only because of british and american meddling into iran political affairs but also because of the oil companies bad treatment of the iranian oil workers in their own country.

15. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Some people will blame everything on the West regardless of other factors.

Mugabe blames the West for the all the current problems in Zim. Many failed states try to place the blame for the suffering of their citizen on the West.

The West certainly has acted poorly to Iran in the past. That does not absolve Iran of their behavior today. It seems many people on DP spend their time trying to find ways to blame the West for all the problems in the world. That is just one way to waste time while accomplishing nothing.

browntwn, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  16. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are smart Americans like you, I know that! There are far more likes of you than those who outright deny facts. Unfortunately, we get to see more of those than of you... blame the corrupt media for this.

and browntwn, I certainly don't want to waste my own time on this but you say everyone blames the west. When you tackle the root problem, you can get rid of the others easily. What is the root here? America and its policies. Why not live up to the so-called democratic nation that America is known for? Why not spread PEACE instead of WAR? Why not fix Iran after destorying it? Why not fix Iraq and Afghanistan after destroying them? Why not give the power back to those people who got their freedom robbed by America's installed puppets?

M5love, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  17. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    No big deal, we took the power away from the peace loving iranians, crushed any hope of democracy in their country, setup a dictatorship, take away their precious resources at pennies to the dollar . No it doesnt absolve them at all. While we are at it why dont we just nuke the whole country and expect them to yell Kumbya my lord kumbya and peace and love to all.

OMG brown, we destroyed all their hope for democracy and even helped setup a dictator so we can rob them of cheap oil, instead of letting the iranians have a self determining democracy. We just now put the poor iranian in a situation where they are going against a heavily armed military dictatorship. No big deal, we should hold the iranian people responsible to win back their freedom even if a few million iranians here and there are killed, all because of our governments insatiable greed. lol

M5love my goal is to seek truth, and not to wave a flag like an ostrich with his head buried in the sand. Im not excusing the regional mischief that the current iranian Regime has done in the middle east but im not either excusing what our government did to the iranian people by taking their freedom and liberty away and one of the greatest ,peaceloving and progressive leaders they ever had.

pingpong123, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  18. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't every person in Iran al-Qaeda?

I'm sure I heard it on FOX Noobs.

AGS, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  19. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard the same but on CNN !!

M5love, Dec 15, 2008 IP