1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anybody making money with Associated Content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by kraftzy, Dec 15, 2008.

I heard mixed opinion of AC.... I want to knwo from anyone who has tried it .. what u have to say? Is it worth trying?

kraftzy, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  2. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Depends on effort, you can make more from selling articles on forums (like here), but it takes less effort to submit them to AC and get paid without having to seek out and sell to a buyer.

wowhaxor, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  3. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi kraftzy, I am writing articles for AC for quite some time now and I know we can make money writing for them. How much money we're making from AC will really depend on the topic that you're writing.
    And it's not about the keywords all the time :)

SEOTherapy, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  4. prosperity66

prosperity66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it depends on your niche, for instance, Halloween worked very well. They have two payment options, the one I choose is performance only, which is $1.50 for 1,000 pages viewed. And once you hit the 50,001-100,000 pages, they pay you $1.55 and up to $2 for one million pages.

prosperity66, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, you can make money with them. It's all about how much you need / want to earn, and how much you value your time and work though. If you're content earning just a few dollars per article, and maybe a little bit of further income from pageviews, go for it. If you want to make serious money from your writing, they're not the way to go. At this point, the only thing I'd consider AC for is article marketing for visibility - but if I did that, that time would have to come out of my marketing time and I would never waste allocated billable hours on them.

jhmattern, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  6. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're a beginner and want some practice before you start approaching clients on your own, then I think they can be a great place to start. There is no editorial review and the general quality of articles on AC is not professional grade, but for a beginner it's a good place to learn and try some SEO and watch your traffic.

Y.L. Prinzel, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  7. AccountSeller

AccountSeller Peon

Best Answers:
    I have ever make money in there and works for me.

But today, AC isn't any my choice to make money online on there.

AccountSeller, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  8. artipron

artipron Peon

Best Answers:
    i just don't get the idea of AC.
    what is it for?
    you can't just copy the articles into your website because it will be Duplicate Content.
    so what's the point?

artipron, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    The point is that they pay writers for articles (unlike places like ezinearticles), while they earn money through ad revenue. Duplicate content or not, or you're not allowed to use their content on your site without paying for syndication rights (per-article fee yearly).

jhmattern, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  10. artipron

artipron Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but...
    why should i buy an article that already published in somewhere else?
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is not good for seo

artipron, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  11. BUSA

BUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    Not anymore. Before google said it would not give much weight to duplicate content, but that doesn't sound sensible. Plainly because google bots are not all that smart as we make them out to be.

BUSA, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  12. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Even major news outlets buy syndicated content. Why? Because Google is FAR from the be all and end all of the content world. As much as I'm not an AC fan, I would say their content is certainly better for the most part than that found in most of the free article directories (even if not by a lot). If someone thinks an article is of high quality, and of value to their readers, it's in their interest to publish it whether or not someone else already has. Others use the content in email newsletters (among other things I'm sure), where duplicate content and Google play no role.

jhmattern, Dec 19, 2008 IP
    Reprobate likes this.
  13. raycer43

raycer43 Peon

Best Answers:
    In recent months there have been some enormous threads, in several IM Forums, on making money with AC. People are sharing ways on how to submit 100's of articles a day using multiple accounts. This has resulted in AC getting bombarded with many more articles than they use to and as a result they're paying less per article...on average. At least this is what I'm seeing personally. It's still a way to make a few dollars although you'll be working for less than minimum wage.

raycer43, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  14. gbartlet

gbartlet Peon

Best Answers:
    I've written for AC and I've stopped now. It doesn't seem worth it to me. They may be decreasing their prices and I have bigger and better articles to write.

gbartlet, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  15. welland

welland Peon

Best Answers:
    I am liking it so far.

welland, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  16. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am least satisfied with their pay package and hence mostly use their services for publishing only.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  17. freddie_fireman

freddie_fireman Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you get nothing if you don't reach 1000 page views in one month? I mean, if you get 500 page views in one month and 1500 the next, do you get $3?

You're not allowed dofollow links at AC though, right?

freddie_fireman, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  18. clarissa25

clarissa25 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made over $1,000 dollars on associated content. And I have over 160,000 pageviews. I only have about 200 articles up. i want higher paying jobs, but when I can't find them....I hop right on AC

clarissa25, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  19. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    If you had published those 200 articles to a site of your own, and done even minimal marketing even with just contextual ads, you likely would have made more than that $1000 (and you'd continue to earn indefinitely without the risk of someone ever deciding to change their payment plans - as someone who's worked as both writer and editor for several networks paying on similar systems, I can tell you changes inevitably will happen).

jhmattern, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  20. mstrait

mstrait Peon

Best Answers:
    I've made a few bucks with AC. It seems like the pay rate went down though. I used to make $5 to $10 per article when the site was new. The last time I wrote for them I only got $4. So I don't submit much there anymore. I did sell some articles on Constant-Content that I'd forgotten about. That was a nice surprise.

mstrait, Jan 25, 2009 IP