1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Clickbank journey is failing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Jawn, Oct 31, 2008.

1. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man,

How's your journey gone with this since you first posted.

I found your link in the buy n' sell under some slanderous post.

What you done with your articles?

Flogged them for a mint or you digging deep into article mkt,

Keep us posted on how it turns out,

Cheers.

rob33, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  2. T.J.

T.J. Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.. 3k is a lot of money. Personally, I don't want to make you feel bad but, I got my first sale a few weeks ago and I spend probably a total of 170 bucks(Two months WA membership, An eEbook,ppc 50 +) . Weight loss is a highly competative market from what I've seen I've tried it.. If you are going to try weight loss you would probably want to try some really small niches. A dp member just recently posted a thread were he stated his niches usually are only around 15-20k for keywords, and that was for free. He gave whole formula and everything... I'll try and find it for you...

T.J., Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. T.J.

T.J. Peon

Best Answers:
    T.J., Dec 1, 2008 IP
  4. Poweremploy

Poweremploy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just SAY NO to adwords. You are quite a newbie, so don't waste your money on adwords. You will go through hundreds of dollars will little results.

Try Youtube videos, I have a lot of success with them, and its free.If you don't know how to add a video with a camera phone or video camera, then make powerpoint presentation.

Don't spend ANY more money. My gosh, you spent more to get started than anyone I know.

Poweremploy, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  5. ckrewt

ckrewt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly i am sorry for your loss, We have all made bad investments from the past and i hope this will be a good learning experience for you.

Secondly, Send me a PM, I will be happy to help coach you for free, Show you a couple different ways to make some coin, I feel bad for your loss and can only think back to the time when i first started out, Buying ebook after ebook of the same pointless information, I must ve spent thousands working on different areas niches and ideas until i came across something that worked for me.

Another good source is to just browse these forums, Allot of good free offers, Also checking out the sites for sale in buy and sell to see what actually sells and what is working for others helps.

As i said send me a PM, Wont charge you a penny just throw me some good feedback if i ever do start coaching people for cash :)

ckrewt, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  6. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't ever drop more than say 1-2x the product commission in PPC before seeing a sale. If you spend that much and no dice, then you are either not targeting the right kw's or your LP sucks. Usually, your LP sucks. Tweak the LP until you get sales. Then tweak your KW's until those sales are profitable. Keyword tracking is a must. You can do it, it just takes a bit of work.

Ideastone, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  7. puzzle

puzzle Active Member

Best Answers:
    With the SEO you have, i bet when you made the purchase, you are probably thinking to close the gap of your SEO skill and what this guy promised to teach you. Forget about the past. $3000 is not wasted, if by now you have gained the skill and getting all the support from DP forum here. If you need help on setting up a site or some graphic designs, drop me a pm, I will be glad to help.

puzzle, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  8. book-trawlerman

book-trawlerman Guest

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you have become an authority in these niches because you have submitted so much content about them. If you think this content might be useful to the target market, then why not build a series of PDF ebooks and give them away. You could then build a list of potential customers who must optin to your mailing list in order to get the PDFs.

You could also adapt the articles and make them into courses which you could load into an autoresponder. Throw in the occasional review of any product you are promoting.

Over time you will come to be recognised as an authority by your subscribers and they will be more inclined to purchase through your link.

I'm not sure if you have your own site, but I'd definitely recommend creating one. With so much content at your disposal there is no reason why you can't build an authority site that SEs like Google will come to rank highly.

Ezine Articles is OK - but it's not the be all and end all of your business.

Would it be possible to PM me so that I could take a look at what you've done? Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes could be beneficial.

Best wishes

Bob

book-trawlerman, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  9. Jawn

Jawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow didn’t know this topic was still alive...

Hello rob33

Yeah I still lurk in the buy & sell category, sometimes you can pick up real bargains.

I’m currently adding content to my own websites so the articles are not wasted so far :), I currently target 54 health niches with around 400 articles has been published on these niches alone, I will continue to publish 250 articles per month to build up trust on Google. Doesn’t bring in a dime yet but it’s only been 3 weeks since the websites been started.

But I’m pretty sure it will change within a few months.

Hello T.J.

Thank you T.J I will have a look at the URL soon, sounds interesting. I contacted the guy who sold my package about a refund but he insisted that his method was working and offered to help me out but it’s been a week and I have heard nothing from him so far.

But a loss is not always a loss :)

Hello ckrewt

Thank you for your offer its much appreciated.

Hello Ideastone

You’re totally correct but it’s hard to know when playing with ClickBank its just way too unreliable to do these kinds of tests, their payment system seems to be very unreliable when it comes to credit card payments.
    So I have decided to focus more on commission junction and paydotcom which doesn’t have these problems.

Hello puzzle

Thank you for your offer it’s very much appreciated. You’re absolutely correct about the reason why I bought the package, its more about buying missing details to my ideas and knowledge. If it the package i bought would work id be working 1 hour a day because everything was automated with ezine/writers but it didn’t, so now it’s time to move on.

Hello book-trawlerman

Thank you for your ideas trawlerman. Becoming an authority "type" on niches such as weight loss would be the best way so that’s kind of what I’m trying to do for now but along with 53 other health niches.
    I’m working on a rather big website / websites currently by submitting articles etc but gaining a large amount of search engine traffic takes time and a lot of link building but i guess you need to start out somewhere.

Intresting statistics maybe

1th Nov 08 Ezine statistics

Article(s) Views:18,902
    Profile Views: 743
    URL Clicks:1,922
    Comments:3
    Votes:19
    Live Articles:234

13th Dec 08 Ezine statistics

Article(s) Views:24,305
    Profile Views: 838
    URL Clicks:2,421
    Comments:3
    Votes:20
    Live Articles:235

Jawn, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  10. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Is 10% click rate considered good? I get about 33% clicks/views.

11. Mr. Mojorisin

Mr. Mojorisin Peon

Best Answers:

You have no sales from all those articles?

Mr. Mojorisin, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  12. Jawn

Jawn Peon

Best Answers:
    7 sales but thats all but im not focusing on article marketing any longer. Feeding ezine with free articles and let them stuff my articles with their damn adsense doesnt feel right.

Jawn, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  13. ShayneSherman

ShayneSherman Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Posttoaster.com it works better with roboform and has all the good bookmarking sites built in.

ShayneSherman, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  14. jonathanparham

jonathanparham Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for being honest and letting us know what happened with the program.

jonathanparham, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  15. Charcoal

Charcoal Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow brotha, always knew we had a few differences in opinion but to call me out like that without having a clue whats up .

Charcoal, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  16. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You've got the right idea.

Put the content on your own site, don't give it away. Build related backlinks to your own site. In a years time you'll get shed loads of Google traffic and be making daily sales.

mikey1090, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  17. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree on the whole host your own content thing. However article marketing can be a valid link building strategy if done properly. Just use different articles for your own site than for article marketing and you're golden.

Ideastone, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  18. Jawn

Jawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks i will try it out.

No problems :)

Did i miss something?

Im doing this currently and so far its working great, its currently peaking almost 200 visitors per day now after a month with SE traffic only! so there's much potential!

Yeah this is what i need to do, link building is pain in the ass but theres quite a few people here on DP selling great link services.

Jawn, Dec 28, 2008 IP