1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why does everyone say mfa site

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tigerboy123, Jun 15, 2006.

Ok now this is what i have observed people here always talk about the mfa sites that certain people only make there sites for adsense.Even if they have a good niche,Can someone tell me if it wasnt for adsense why make a site than,ok if you reckon make a site on what you like what you want than why put adsense on it let it be why do you even want to earn money with it than.This concept i just dont get it all webmasters want to earn money this is not for charity is it.Because for the people who think certain sites have a niche specially for adsense and the others dont than why put adsense on those sites that dont.Its all about the money so well lets face the facts theres nothing like mfa all sites are for adsense otherwise take adsense off it.Dont make any money share your experiances with other people thats it.Comments would be welcomed...

tigerboy123, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  2. Leo727

Leo727 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see sites all the time with massive traffic, and with no ads, no income... some people really do run sites without thinking about money. Is that so hard to believe? Some of these people even pay a LOT for hosting and other costs, without even thinking about asking for donations!

Leo727, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  3. tigerboy123

tigerboy123 Banned

Best Answers:
    A1 even those people they are earning there is something hiding only advertising is not the way to earn money many more ways as well....

tigerboy123, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  4. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes only adverisement is not only of way of earning....there are many more there

letsjoy, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's precisely because you don't understand how people can make websites for other reasons beyond making a buck that you will never, ever become a major success at this. 'Nuff said.

jackburton2006, Jun 15, 2006 IP
    MediaHustler likes this.
  6. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    MFA is a derogatory term for sites that have no purpose or benefit for the visitor, and they only exist to encourage users to click on the Adsense ads.

Although it may seem counterintuitive, not every site carrying Adsense is a MFA. If there's good content that isn't derived from other sites, it's not MFA.

Obelia, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  7. MediaHustler

MediaHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ouch, +1 for jack

MediaHustler, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  8. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Precisely, I think MFA is a term that is misunderstood by many newbies.

Tyler Banfield, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  9. Sara

Sara Guest

Best Answers:
    I make sites largely because I love making sites and have done for the past 17 years. ;) I made my London maps website because I am lucky enough to have a huge collection of rare maps that most people would never have access to and I enjoy sharing that access about. I also know web masters who make sites in order to repay a community who has helped them. Recently most of us in my small circle of website-making-because-we-just-love-it-friends have added adsense because, yeah, we can make some small bucks from it, but it also increases the fun. It's another challenge, another web mountain to conquer, something new to learn and in the end the 'money' isn't the end (although it is great!) it is just the fun of it. I make an awful lot of money from my day to day business ... but the pennies I make from adsense are more fun. ;)

Sara, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  10. Leo727

Leo727 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, there are more subtle ways to make money than the typical adsense and other ads. But when I said that a lot of big sites have 'no income', I meant 'NO income'. Because the website owner doesn't care! I often see messages from people who had sites for years without even thinking about income, and if they do finally insert some advertising, they're often just doing it to pay for the hosting costs - they often don't care about making anything extra. Of course those people generally have other 'real-life' jobs, they're not working as webmasters for a living. Believe it or not, some people make websites because they enjoy sharing information!

Leo727, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  11. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes if you have a cause that you care about, scraping every last bit of money from it is irrelevant, and even distasteful. A good example is certain illnesses and conditions: sometimes you just want to do something to help people out, and you figure that things are tough enough for your visitors anyway without asking them for cash.

You get a better perspective on this if a severe condition or illness touches your life.

Obelia, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  12. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I do. Like you say, pennies from doing something you love are better than dollars from doing something that stresses you out.

I despise MFAs.

A typical MFA can be recognized from these signs:

(1) AdSense units are totally blended, same colors as the page. Often, no outline, background like the page.

(2) The maximum 3 AdSense units is used. The units are of differing size, and frame the "content."

(3) The "content" reads like a search engine result page. There is only one choice. Click your browser's back button, on click on a link - PPC, or from the fake content. Sometimes, random gibberish is added at the bottom of the page, which fewer people will scroll down to, to game search engines.

(4) For some reason, white, or light neutral colors are preferred by MFA artists (haha).

(5) The site "logo" is usually small, and does not distract from the ads.

(6) URLs are keyword rich.

helleborine, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  13. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Websites existed before AdSense came along didn't they?

AdSense has caused such a problem beyond other ways of monetising a site as it's made webmasters get lazy. With affiliates a webmaster had to make an effort to presell a customer and had to have a good site to do this.

Nowadays with AdSense webmasters just have to get people to click on a link, some force them to do this by building terrible sites with no content so there really isn't anywhere else to go.

MattUK, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  14. jamx03

jamx03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is interesting, and I agree that lots of ppl make websites for interest rather than earning and same happened to me. But I think once you see the potential of making money and that too huge money, then you start thinking in that direction and everything gets screwed...I mean that humble beginning which was initiated to share knowledge and help ppl now turns into motive for making money. Recently I read somewhere that even prominent journalist now write using important keywords so in some way google is actually not helping us.

The original content which was written with passion and from the bottom of heart is now changed with keyword content.

This always happens when money is involved.

my .02 cents

Jamx

jamx03, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  15. animastvx

animastvx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why you go with adsense where a lot of other options ?

animastvx, May 5, 2012 IP