1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ron Paul gives fantastic speech on the auto Bailout

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Dec 11, 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvFZH_adksc

He reminds me of a football coach telling his team at halftime what they already know but don't really want to hear - at exactly the time they need hearing it.

Agree or disagree with Ron, can anyone really tell me that wasn't amazingly accurate?

ncz_nate, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  2. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    man, he's one of the few who speak out without being controlled by the lobbyists punks. i salute him, more people need to give their votes to these people.

M5love, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  3. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the reason why I voted for RP at the primaries and the reason why I wouldnt vote for either Obama or Mccain for president. He is no mans puppet:D

pingpong123, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  4. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    I have to admit, he gives a very strong speech, and he's really 100% right about nationalization.

Nice work by RP on this one.

Lexiseek, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  5. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    That guy is amazing. I am not sure where he fits in politics but he tells it how it is.

Valley, Dec 12, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  6. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for posting this Nate. I love Ron Paul. Guy is no puppet and probably one of the last honest politicians left in the world.

It cracks me up when I see people calling this guy a crazy idiot when he's usually right. You mention his name to my dad's longtime girlfriend and she will literally cringe. I think people call him crazy because they are afraid. Afraid of the radical change that Ron Paul advocates because he may just be right....

Firegirl, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  7. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did anyone just watch Gettlefinger's (UAW president) press conference? He is a an idiot and apparently does not understand how stuff works in DC. By reading that email from a Republican Senator he has alienated a lot of congresspeople. Sure its a Republican email, but this is something that is a big "no-no" in DC.

Good chance you will see GM, Chrysler, and UAW and flush down the drain. Ford may be the only one left standing soon, really depends on what Paulson/Bush do with the TARP funds.

smatts9, Dec 12, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  8. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Mmmmm
    I have never really been with US people. This will change in a few days!
    What I really notice about them only really from this forum, most understand the world, but just a couple many especially in the PR forum, have never experienced the world or of a low IQ and seem to believe the Hershy bar adverts. They think John Wayne was president, Bush invented the atomic bomb and the dollar is worth 10 Euro. How is there such diverse people about in such a small spanse?

Valley, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  9. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    You somehow managed to avoid having stupid people in Zurich? Stupid folks make up the vast majority of the world's people, not just in the US but everywhere.

Lexiseek, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is a saying about not being able to recognize the sucker at the table. I think the same applies here. If he thinks there are no stupid people where he lives it is probably because he is one.

browntwn, Dec 14, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  11. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honest and rational.. you're not so bad. I don't "spew". :p

What do you think of his speech brownie, were you the wise ass who 3-starred my thread? :D

ncz_nate, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  12. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I didn't watch it. Is there a copy I can read? I don't like to use the audio on my computer the baby is usually sleeping around here.

I probably agree with him since I have been against all the bailouts and feel that the market is best to deal with these problems.

13. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Gotta get headphones man, missing out..

ncz_nate, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  14. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for posting the speech. I agree with most of it except some of the last paragraph.

We should not be bailing out the car companies - period. We should not have bailed out some financial institutions - period. We should not have bailed out some insurance companies - period. We should not bailout some homeowners from their own mortgages - period.

15. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Are there even three people alive who agree with the "bailouts"?

It shows a complete lack of respect for business and free market principles. There's no efficiency in allowing failing companies to succeed. The auto makers have done little to modernize their operations and should face extinction.

Dennis Kucinich is of course supporting the bailout because he represents Parma, Ohio which is home to Ford Engine Plant Number One.

The bailout will leave everyone worse in the end.

Lexiseek, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  16. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    I agree.. I don't know what he was thinking when he said the last part. I believe in transition too but nationalization is not in any way a transition.. even if you "bring'em all home".

ncz_nate, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  17. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    I was having a bit of a barney at the time with few in PR. As you rightly say there are stupid people everywhere. I'm basically going to open my own island and start inviting the non stupid people.

Valley, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  18. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    To my friend from Zurich, there is a saying, common sense, isn't....

basically, for something thats called common sense, it sure isn't common.

Now, about the topic, I think making them file ch 11 and reorganize is the way to go. All a bailout does is prolong the inevitable, if they think they can keep getting ridiculous salaries, paying people high wages, and putting out cars that are that expensive, they have another thing coming for them. Company's get established, company's go away. Thats how capitalism works.

hostlonestar, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  19. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Haven't there been many examples, worldwide, historically, of the opposite as well? Perhaps Dr Paul isn't too clued up on that?

Isn't the easy way around that just to make the bail-out conditional on real progress on those fronts and have it released in stages as the progress is made? That's exactly the kind of bailout that's worked well in other countries, isn't it? Again, might Dr. Paul just possibly be confusing his @$$ with a hole in the ground? Except that politically, of course, he's in a hole in the ground, I think? ;)

alexa_s, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  20. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously, you really don't know a lot about Ron Paul. Please read up and learn more about him. I bet you will be amazed that he was one of the few that said this EXACT situation with our economy was going to happen. He knows a lot about economics and, years ago, accurately predicted the situation we find ourselves in now. I'd trust him with my money before I'd trust the Fed, Bernake, or Paulson. Would you hand over your hard earned money to any of those guys?

Can you please site examples of bailouts that were successful? And just because bailouts worked in other countries certainly does not mean they will work in our current conditions or system. We have bailed out at least 1 of the Big 3 before, and obviously they didn't learn how to manage a company, did they? Why should I be willing to give them money again?

And if you want massive regulation/conditions for the bailout, who exactly do you suggest we appoint to oversee that they play along? What if a restructure doesn't work and they still go under, can we get our money back from them?

Firegirl, Dec 18, 2008 IP