1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Okay, WTF is going on with CB?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by popedope, Dec 10, 2008.

1. popedope

popedope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I know about the traffic quality, etc, etc

But did u see all the other lines on there? They were hyper targeted peeps for separate products. Every line was a different product I was promoting. And not one sale.

popedope, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  2. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    Ironically, I'm testing out a nice PPC campaign that seemed to be promising on Monday, and has died in a fire since then.... perhaps CB's *awesome* tracking is to blame. Oh well, it's forced me to make a killer LP at least. Now, if only they could get their act together it'd be money.

Ideastone, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  3. popedope

Best Answers:
    Okay well I know this is the CB forum and all but if you really want some alternative ideas for affiliate offers, here is a GREAT site you must check out:

http://www.affiliatetips.com - lots of $100+ affiliate programs there ;)

popedope, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  4. seethesun

seethesun Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my first post on DP and I am learning alot. I am new to affiliate programs (actually haven't started yet), but I am looking to become a publisher with a product I am creating.

I was going to go through CB, but after reading it seems something just doesn't feel right. I think I may try paydotcom instead, after I read up more on them.

Thanks for all the insight.

seethesun, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  5. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    paydotcom is pretty good. not as big but you can still find affiliates on here.

mill123, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  6. Mr. Mojorisin

Mr. Mojorisin Peon

Best Answers:
    Does paydotcom have similar types of tracking issues?

Mr. Mojorisin, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  7. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah its fine if ur a publisher.

ive still got quite a bit to be paid to me.

mill123, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  8. HankL

HankL Peon

Best Answers:
    New poster here, but today is really ridiculous.

I too am in the same predicament with respect to these random lows and highs.

Noticed something unusual though.

Current ClickBank time: 20:07:56
    Current ClickBank date: 2008-12-10
    Start of this pay period: 2008-12-10

Week Ending says 2008-12-17 (current week) , and the previous one is 2008-12-10.

Don't recall if this is always the case, but don't they go till midnight of the closing day? This is a bit confusing if they go to they consider week ending as midnight of the previous day, in which case that would explain that.

I went back through some of these "Low Sales" threads and they seem to almost always match up the last day of the pay period and just before an announcement of a new "Feature". These, oddly enough, often coincide.
    Also, I can gauge the last day of the pay period, without a calendar, by the refunds and chargebacks that come in on that day.

Assuming that they do these manually to get them in before the close of the pay period, you guys think that this extra activity is what causes our lack of sales?

BTW. My other efforts are converting at a normal rate with same traffic source, perhaps more targeted, perhaps not, but in the same niches, which is what is so confusing.

Hank

HankL, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  9. natj

natj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm taking a 1-month break from ClickBank.

The stress is getting to my brain.

natj, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  10. PixelMedia

PixelMedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The same is happening for me! I am getting a lot of emails from my customers who are saying that they can't pay or don't want to make order because they have bad experience with ClickBank!
    ClickBank really need to do something to fix these problems!

PixelMedia, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  11. dropship

dropship Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there are any issues with paydotcom tracking since they rely on Paypal solely.

dropship, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  12. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    NEWBIES!!!

Welcome to CB!

Stuff like this has been happening for at least the last couple years. Try reading older threads and you will know CB is not the most reliable company to work. Their tracking sucks, they decline credit cards like mad and every time they make an 'update' expect crappy sales for at least two weeks. It's the way it is and will be for AFFILIATES.

I learned a long time ago to stop spending money on CB. All my traffic is free search engine traffic and I'm fine with low sale days now.

I get maybe 4-5 sales a day. And it's fine for me because I don't spend a dime.

I also spread my sales out over a couple accounts, and one thing I noticed is on most days I either get all my sales on one account or another. It's just weird. They don't split sales most of the time, either one account has 4-5 sales and the other has zero. Isn't that weird..

Anyway, there is nothing you can do except become a publisher.. because these guys get paid no matter what or start working with a real affiliate network.

Cheers!

kingbrend, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm now going on 1 entire year of using CB and have made one (yes, 1) sale in a year of promoting. Something is horribly wrong with CB. Before anyone thinks something is horribly wrong with me, I'm making about 1/3rd of my full time salary through affiliate marketing (aka, my 2nd job) with 3 other programs, and CB is the only program I've seen such blatantly awful (rather, no) results from. How anyone can make a living from it is beyond me. Either all of the programs I've chosen are cookie thieves, or something even sketchier is happening.

Pixelrage, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  14. Stephen White

Stephen White Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the past I have received sales from links that no longer exist. Sometimes weeks after the link has been taken down. I realize that this could be due to the customer ordering later on, but I've also wondered if some Clickbank sales are delayed in the system. It's just strange to be getting sales for products that haven't had a link up in weeks.

Stephen White, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  15. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    I told you people to stop promoting with CB. I started my affiliate marketing biz. with CB. It took me 6 months to come to come to the realization that CB scrubs leads BIG time. For the longest I though since I'm new, I may be over reacting to the low # of sales week in and week out. After few months, I started see the sale pattern. It was like computer generated. Sales coming for 1 or 2 days consecutively and then nothing for (5 days straight) the rest of the week.

web_dev, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  16. popedope

Best Answers:
    Did u find another aff network, make a lot more mone and live happily ever after?

popedope, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  17. seethesun

seethesun Peon

Best Answers:
    My thinking is that if it affects the affiliates, then it affects the publisher. I see so many posts saying credit cards are frequently being declined or customers don't want to follow through because of issues with Clickbank. That to me means it should affect the publisher as well.

I just feel like, as a publisher, I would need to watch out for those I depend on. They may not have issues with the publisher, but if they stop promoting my product as hard (relying on organic traffic when they were using PPC also) or stop using CB period...then I am up a creek.

I guess I could always set up two websites for the product, one for CB affiliates and one for PDC.

seethesun, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    CB is losing out on a lot of cash by not solving their problems. I know I've been spending a lot less time trying to make money with CB because of my frustrations with it. I seem to get a better ROI working on other things.

Zibblu, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  19. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:

Right, I was one of the top promoters for my niche, I was driving dozens and dozens of sales every day using PPC.. but even with that I was only breaking even. The up and down with sales didn't make sense at all, and so I stopped PPC all together. The publishers now get less sales but I make a profit now using organic traffic. CB is screwing a lot of people, and trust me they don't care. This has been going on for years.

kingbrend, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  20. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of other things? ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 11, 2008 IP