1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Wealthy Affiliate A Scam?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by gregdavidson, Mar 12, 2008.

1. nico52

nico52 Peon

Best Answers:
    I love hearing people bashing something, especially something that they have never tried. People keep saying "for $30 month, they should lay me out 1,000,000 case studies and send a trained monkey over to my house and guide me to make $10000000 a day." WA is a great resource. I hear people on this forum signing up for it and then bashing it saying that its a waste of money. If you signed up for it in the first place, then i would be willing to bet that you aren't very successful at the whole IM/AM thing. WA is a great resource to focus and learn how to make money online. You are right, it is not something revolutionary and you can still get most of the info for free if you want to wade thru tons of crap thrown up by people who are always trying to bring down successful people. If your serious about making money and tired of hearing people whining and complaining all day long, take the time to check out WA. I will get off my soap box now.
    Adam Nicoloff

nico52, May 28, 2008 IP
  2. cmty09

cmty09 Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends what you consider a scam. Wealthy Affiliate gives you a ton of very useful information but you could probably figure most of it out yourself just by trying affiliate programs online. So its up to you :)

cmty09, May 28, 2008 IP
  3. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BTW nico52, I did try out WA which is why I decided to add more comments to this thread. And like cmty09 just said, most of the information on their site can easily be figured out on your own or by asking people on this forum.

gregdavidson, May 28, 2008 IP
  4. CBbox

CBbox Peon

Best Answers:
    I join WA just to see what is has, after reading alot about it, WA is really good for newbies , I would have save myself a year if I have join WA before when I was started my IM career newly, WA is also good for experiance marketers who are in IM niche, you know, you get to know your market.Well, I just want to check WA out, and now, I have alredy got 2 WA sales which means, I can stay as a WA member free for lifetime.So, its good if someone after joining WA, and right away make atleast 2 sales to payoff their own membership fee.

CBbox, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  5. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    You have to admit that the founders of WA are brilliant. They setup an affiliate program that only members can join which keeps their program going on. Even if people don't feel their program is that helpful they can make all their money back and more simply by promoting their affiliate program by saying that it's better than what it is. I should do something like that.

gregdavidson, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  6. wizozz

wizozz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I'm a member of WA and I really like it. I think it is the best value I got for money.

Is all the information freely available somewhere out there? Maybe.

There's a saying that, everything under the sun has already been said and written before.

But I don't have the time or effort to find that needle in the haystack. Or find out the 1 simple thing which would work rather than 1000 different ideas that won't work.

Support of Kyle & Carson, and many other successful affiliate marketers are very valuable to me.

I read every day a new success story of people making $100 or $500 per day, or whatever amount.

They have a step-by-step method which works when you apply it.

Does that mean work? Oh, yes, it does.

But I think it is the most honest and valuable resource on the Internet for marketers.

Travis, is one example, he started earning 2 Million dollars per year online from Internet marketing, after joining WA and applying the methods for two and a half years.

He is also the author of bummarketingmethod.com .

Can anyone be a millionaire using WA methods? I'm sure anyone can.

Will everyone be a millionaire using WA? No, %99 won't. Not that they can't but they won't. Only a minority of people, say, %1 of them will make it.

Most people will not take action, not follow through, and bash and blame those two successful marketers for what they do, and wish they gave 1000 times more value for free. While they wish and whine and stay as broke as ever.

The truth is, if you take responsibility of your actions and results you get from your actions, and have set your mind up about making serious money with Internet Marketing, you will achieve it with or without WA. WA may help you get there faster, and it is your choice if it is worth it or not. For me, if I earn one million dollars per year, only one year earlier, it is worth a million dollars. Not 30$/m.

But if you give everything only an half-assed effort, not succeeding at anything at all, and content with finding excuses to your lack of success, you'll bash and blame anyone for not giving 1000 times more value than they are giving now and do expect them to do it free.

If someone really wants to do something, he'll find a way. If not, he'll find an excuse.

I guess with that kind of mindset, comes some money block, like "everything must be given away free" or "it is bad to make really good amounts of money" etc, and that's the reason behind failure.

I just hope someone bashing WA does a better job giving away free information some day, and then I'll join them, and make them rich instead of Kyle and Carson (Oops, it has to be totally free isn't it? It's a sin to ask for money, in exchange for value... How bad teaching Kyle & Carson a lesson in ethics and bashing them comes with a curse of lifetime poverty...)

In the meantime, I'll be working on making money from WA methods...

Best luck for all...

wizozz, Nov 25, 2008 IP
    icpathi likes this.
  7. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I think WA would be much more helpful if they posted a few case studies of EXACTLY how a few affiliates became millionaires. Vague descriptions and testimonials aren't that helpful to me.

gregdavidson, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  8. tiger325

tiger325 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a newbie then sure it has information there..however you can get the same information if not better at dp and warrior forum

tiger325, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  9. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    If you're a newbie you'll eventually learn that affiliate marketing isn't what it appears to be. Honestly, I think of it as an "alternative" to Adsense. If you already have a website that receives traffic then this would be a good choice if you can find the right program. However, some people make it seem like you can setup a simple website, redirect somebody to the program you're trying to promote, and the person you sent there will have their credit card pulled out to make a sale.

gregdavidson, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  10. ememory1973

ememory1973 Peon

Best Answers:
    [QUOTE
    I am a bit new in affiliate marketing actually.[/QUOTE]

They are talking about my post "Best Date Affiliate Programs PPS & PPL----"af.MillionaireMatch.com".

I just posted it yesterday (I don't know someone has posted it here, plz erase the older one, thanks), I cannot imagine gregdavidson's sticky about WA scam got so many replies.

I will never promise you will get how many $$$$ a day, cuz that depends on ur effort and marketing policy. We do not SCAM! We've already hadmany many partners, just google millionairematch or wealthy dating, you will see Im not lying.

Anyone is interested in making cash by promoting a wealthy dating site, contact me at "vicki2000" at gmail dot com (newbie here, cannot post a link).

If not interested, leave the sticky away and good luck in your business!

ememory1973, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  11. ememory1973

ememory1973 Peon

Best Answers:
    CB, I must thank you for helping clarify that WA is NOT SCAM. Thanks.

In fact, we offer free gold membership for partners who help promote our site. I strong suggest PPS.

WA has a high membership ratio, they have upscale members. Many of them do not care tens of dollars. Others want to date with a successful partner, etc.

We are a reputable site which has ever seen on Forbes, Wall Street Journal, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBC,etc, so why scam? But thanks, I can understand that so-called suspicion.

Let me know you guys' ideas on my new posts.

ememory1973, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  12. surfin4dough

surfin4dough Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok here is the deal! Wealthy Affiliate is not some magic pill you swallow and suddenly you are making hundreds of dollars a day. It is an education.

I know people who went to college and have great high paying jobs, and some are still dirt poor.

The difference is WHAT you do with your education.

All that being said. IF you do follow the insrtuctions laid out by Wealthy Affiliate and STICK with it. you WILL make serious money. I already knew a lot about affiliate marketing before I joined on board but I have stayed a member because you should always be learning and there is always new material there on the latest tips and tricks.

You can check out my review of Wealthy Affiliate if you like, it includes a behind the scenes video as well, so you can see it for yourself.

surfin4dough, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  13. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    I think there membership is good for beginners but they need to be more "specific". They should have a section with the top affiliate programs of the month which includes some detailed potential marketing strategies for each program. General information on affiliate marketing, and a bunch of people claiming they just made $500 in one day without explaining how is not going to help out anybody. If the guys who founded the website are really affiliate marketing millionaires, maybe they should share one or two of their "exact campaigns" that made them a lot of money. If they started doing this, I would re-join this very second just to hear their stories or case studies.

gregdavidson, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  14. darrenrm

darrenrm Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm fascinated by Wealthy Affiliate, having observed its reputation based purely on reviews and hype. It could well be that it really is a great resource but the zealous members simply set off my built in warning siren. The minute I see exclamation marks or even a long rant I feel, perhaps unnecessarily, suspicious.
    For me, this is the one problem with the internet.. not being able to look someone in the eye as they go on to cite the wonderous benefits of these programs..

darrenrm, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  15. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Have you actually tried out Wealthy Affiliate. I was a member well over a year ago so maybe they got better after hearing some of their negative reviews.

gregdavidson, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  16. darrenrm

darrenrm Peon

Best Answers:
    No I haven't tried WA, but it was one of the first things I stumbled upon when first checking out affiliate marketing. I moved on and actually got a job working online so didn't really have time to futher research the thing.

I'm tempted to check it out though - lets face it, $30 dollars isn't much and you can cancel the subscription - I just want to know why the guys who set it up are willing to share their secrets. Is there a dynamic MLM system in place.. "downlines" if you will, or are people just referring the odd member via their affiliate link and making money that way in addition to promoting products, services etc?

I've yet to look through the rest of the WA threads on this board but the concensus appears evenly divided. Time for some imaginitive Googling to get to the bottom of it perhaps...

darrenrm, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    When I joined I really didn't see a lot of secrets being shared. Just a bunch of general information which isn't going to help you make money from affiliate marketing. I was thinking they would give some "insider information" that most newbies would've never thought of but I didn't see any of that. A lot of testimonials but no real facts as to how they were achieving their "supposed" success. I'm very skeptical about affiliate marketing because I find a lot of stories on the internet very hard to believe. I currently have 8 blogs setup that get thousands of targeted visitors, but I only make about 1 sale for about every 800 "unique" visitors. If I paid for that traffic it would cost me AT LEAST $80 to make about a $1.50 commission. I'd really love to hear a real affiliate marketing success story but I highly doubt I ever will. Whenever I question somebody's supposed affiliate marketing success story all I get are insults instead of help. I don't know if these people are truly successful affiliate marketers who are trying to build up their ego or whether they're a liar who likes the attention they get when they create a thread stating that they make thousands of dollars a day. I truly want to believe that there is some system out there that can help me make that kind of money and perhaps even change my life but I'm starting to lose hope. Something makes me think that the only people who are making money are the ones who claim they are, but sell some bogus system that doesn't really deliver the results they promise.

18. darrenrm

darrenrm Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new to affiliate marketing, but I don't mind if I don't make money. It's such a low cost endevour, and your blogs/sites are open 24 hours a day at least. It could take me 3, 4 maybe 5 years to master, but I'm willing to accept this as a learning process. Not only that, but I'm learning the software too, and as an untechnical person, this is good for me!

I studied design at university, so branding, marketing etc interest me. It's now a case of applying these principles to the fickle online world.

darrenrm, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  19. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    There are lots of people who succeed at real-world business but fail on the internet. It's a whole different world which is why 90% of all internet marketers fall on their face and barely make a cent. A lot of websites who do make it have a really great idea, an expensive website, and a lot of media attention. If you don't have those then chances are you're going to have to play the SEO game or pay for your traffic which is actually even trickier. Being able to convert traffic into sales and actually make a profit isn't an easy task.

20. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    greg, stop doing blogs, maintaining 8 blogs = pain in ass, make static sites, then add pages rarely. Much easier. is it 800 uniques across all 8 ? so in average 100 to each ? It maybe 1:100 convesrion but on only 1 blog. Then sell/delete rest 7. If not, then just do more, maybe this program/(s) just non-converting shit if your sites are OK.

DPParadise, Jan 13, 2009 IP