1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I'm trying to say. If we blame the economy and all that credit crunch stuff, then that means it's better to wait for a year or so, until things are back to normal and then start marketing again.

I got 5 sales in 1k LASER-TARGETED hops. Is that the economy? Oh, please....

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blaming anything is counterproductive....sitting around looking for anything to blame is useless...I could site and blame the fact that others became SEOs as to what makes it harder for me to win SEO battles, but I don't play the blame game.... I simply find other ways to win.

Wait? So you want to wait for the competitors who dropped to come back? Hell no...stay in the game and strike while things are hot.

You can make sales which you know.... so perhaps its time to explore new channels and niches...

For example water2gas was hot just months ago... but with gas at $1.70 per gallon here in the US, the demand for that product went down the drain.

Also no matter what anyone wants to admit there's a recession going on...worst job loss numbers since 1974, which most of you probably can't remember having not been thought of at that point.....but no matter when you were born, information products in a recession might not be the best choice one could make.

So marketers need to find recession proof products & services to promote....

Think outside the box!!!!! There is no time better for it than now.....

;)

Sem-Advance, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  3. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bl4ckmaN^, what niche?

shand0, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  4. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Free electricity, energy savings, windmills, solar panels and all that...

5. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    It's never late to join in ;)

6. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    absolutely ... there's always gaps in the market left to exploit ;)

antantnz, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

You are missing only 1 important point, thers a difference between a product not converting anymore (and you can just search for another one) and between a recession in which people just spend any money regardingless of what the product is;)...during these times guides are of secondary importance to people.....

web_18designer, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  8. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    As the title of this thread is about fluctuations, I want to report something weird.

2008-12-10 (current week) $297.01
    2008-12-03 $23.50
    2008-11-26 $265.13
    2008-11-19 $75.77
    2008-11-12 $214.71

One week good, one bad, one good, one bad. Anyone else see something similar?

When I say "good" I mean good for now, I had $3000 in August. Those were the days, before CB started messing about.

9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Fluctuations occur for several reasons, as noted above for example, this would seem to be due to fact people are paid bi-weekly which means the week when you make a few sales people are more broke than the weeks where you do better.

Next advertisers and ad budgets.

I manage clients and my own PPC bids, on retail terms or those with lots of competitors, my ads usually won't display via Adwords, till late afternoon and early evening, after my competitors ad budget for the day is spent.

Do you guys monitor competitors?? I would be willing to bet you are simply experiencing advertisers coming on and falling off depending on what they can afford each day or week. They cut into your sales and in doing so makes you feel there are fluctuations.

But, to be honest fluctuations in retail sales is nothing new,... its highly doubtful there is a huge problem with CB.

Monitor your competitors and their campaigns and you may find the answers you need.

;)

Sem-Advance, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  10. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Good that you bought that up!! Alot of people here in the this forum don't take that in consideration (competitors), like they might discover they are not getting any sales for a week then blame clickbank where in fact it might be the case that a competitor has overtaken their rankings for certain kws or bidded higher for kws! I think too many people here have fallen into the trap of blaming clickbank and have not thoroughly checked their own campaigns for any possible reasons why sales miught be crap.

Patchkaa, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  11. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    MIght be time for you to look for another product to promote? How many products are you promoting now??

Patchkaa, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  12. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    infoebookstore.co.uk I thought you are making more per week than $25-$250. If August was $3k/week, it's awful for now.

DPParadise, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Thank you...that is my point exactly....if you use SEO and someone outranks you for a day, three days, a week, a month or more... it would cut into sales typically. (at least that is the gist from a few threatening emails I have received when a site I own or a clients site gets to the top)

If your are bidding with PPC new competitors could have entered the market. For example the energy niche bl4ckmaN^ is in quickly filled with AMs and as such any history of sales that were great... is likely going to be a brief run... as the new competitors enter and eat into the sales.

:)

Sem-Advance, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  14. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    $3000 for the month of August, not per week. Screenshot on my blog.

It has been awful ever since. Good job I didn't buy the Porsche on finance after August performance!

I earn very good money from my day job so anything I make online is a bonus for holidays, cars, toys!

15. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally good to see someone one the same page as me, I;ve been trying to say the same thing here, but you get people here that refuse to examine their own campaigns and take the easy route and blame clickbank, which I think is counter-productive and sad. There is a popular belief that if you get consistent sales everday and then something goes wrong its immediately clickbanks fault!! But if yuou ask them if they checked their campaigns for competitors and stuff they refuse to answer or are still insistent on blaming CB.

Lol, I got accused of being a CB worker for telling people to stop using lame ass excuses for crap sales.

Patchkaa, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  16. CARNANO

CARNANO Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, you never read posts do you Patchka! You just chime in with your same old same old.

My ads are PPC and they are always Number 1....My campaigns have converted for over a year at no less than 1 in 20. My competition in 5 niches have stopped running ads that they have run for over a year as well!! I have the same amount of clicks and same amount of people hitting the BUY BUTTON but now they are converting at 99% Less!!! You really think all those people are hitting the BUY BUTTON and backing out?? Or do you think it's more logical that clickbank has a problem??

CARNANO, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

I am sure Patchka reads so instead of looking for a fight why not look for answers in what you wrote.

That right there would tell most businesspeople that there is a reason they stopped spending on advertising.....

Just because you are not able to determine why your competiton no longer advertises
    does not mean Clickbank is the problem....

There is a perfectly valid explanation and its very easy to see if you read the news a bit.

If you have problems understanding people are no longer buying info products and many other things perhaps you should study why the US big 3 automakers need a bailout.......NOBODY IS BUYING CARS OR MOST ANYTHING THEY DONT NEED!!!!!!

And in closing... bidding # 1 in PPC at times will generate less sales than if you bid for position 3 or 4 ;).

That tip is free of charge....

Sem-Advance, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  18. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah thats right! Just because your campaigns are not converting like they were before doesnt mean its clickbanks fault at all. Alot of people might be going to your buy now page but you tend to forget people are holding onto their money, maybe they are checking out the price of the product, I klnow I go to the buy now page and back out too.

Patchkaa, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  19. Malmsteen

Malmsteen Peon

Best Answers:
    If no one in this thread work for Clickbank I would be surprised. What about people saying they are getting emails from frustrated people saying that they cant pay for the products?

Malmsteen, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  20. CARNANO

CARNANO Member

Best Answers:

First off...I have proven campaigns that have converted at 1 in 8 adwords clicks! That's from the number 1 position. I've never had a campaign in the 3 -4 position that converted anywhere close to that! It sounds to me like you quoted that from a popular Ebook that shall remain nameless.

Also, I recognize that the economy is going to hurt sales. However, when you make 20 - 40 sales a day accross 5-6 niches and then you suddenly have a few Zero sales days mixed with a few 3 - 5 sales days, it does'nt take a Rocket Scientist to realize something more than the economy is at play!

Finally and probably most importantly...How do you explain the sudden surge in customers emailing me and stating that they were not able to purchase because their credit cards would'nt process?? I guess everyone of those people had bad cards or were just scamsters huh????

Anxiously awaiting some answers oh mighty Tipster!!

CARNANO, Dec 9, 2008 IP