1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding second drive to server with Plesk - What are my options

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by rednimer, Dec 8, 2008.

I just added an additional 250gb drive to my server running plesk, and am wondering what my options are for mounting the new drive. OS is Linux

This gives me 2 250 gb drives.

Currently the first drive is almost full, and most of the space is being used for one vhost.

Im not sure wht my options are for mounting the new drive. It seems one of my options is to mount it as a new partition, and move the one vhost there, but that only gives it 250gb to use, and I would like to give it more.

Is there a way I can extend the primary partition to span both drives?

Or mount the new drive in the vhost that I want to give more space. Like create a new folder in the vhost and mount the drive there.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

rednimer, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  2. HSH

HSH Peon

Best Answers:
    Your best bet would to be to mount the new drive in the /vhosts directory, mv the humongous vhost to that sub directory, and use the original vhost partition to host the rest of your virtuals.
    Although with the price of 1 TB drives being so cheap, why didn't you just get one of those?

HSH, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  3. rednimer

rednimer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the feedback..

drives are cheap to buy, but providers don't like to rent them to you for cheap.

rednimer, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  4. ravee1981

ravee1981 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this wont work dude :)

ravee1981, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  5. ravee1981

ravee1981 Active Member

Best Answers:
    install the new drive, mount it somewhere, and use plesk reconfigurer to relocate the vhosts folder into the new drive. You cant host your sites on multiple drives at the same time like you can in cPanel

ravee1981, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  6. jayshah

jayshah Peon

Best Answers:
    If I recall correctly, you can use RAID to configure it as one big drive. I'm not 100% sure on this one, though.

Hope that helps,

Jay

jayshah, Dec 11, 2008 IP