What Specific Search Tools Can Get Me Started Blogging Effectively?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Noitartst, Jan 17, 2024.

I now know how to SEO with Ahrefs, but my keywords are too low quality, i. e. lacking in volume. I need access to a (preferably free) search tool that can filter keywords with low-ranking difficulty for high volume, but I haven’t found it, yet; the free version of Ahrefs doesn’t do this, but the paid one is almost $100 a month, whereas I can pay only $20, say, in a shared account, if I could find anyone to partner with.

Beyond that, how to sculpt blog posts for a another strategy, namely a trending strategy for Google Trends? In any case, I want to focus on content, but I’ not yet sure I’m following the right strategy, and it is not yet clear me as to when and how to see if my strategy is working.

Noitartst, Jan 17, 2024 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need any keyword tools, just Google. Chasing low competition keywords is a losing strategy long term. You need to implement a Topical Authority approach for real long term success. You start with creating a topical map for your niche. You then write on every topic/subtopic no matter what the difficulty or search volume is to complete the Topical Map. Once you complete enough topics/subtopics, you will be seen as a Topical Authority for your niche vs others that have chased random low competition keywords.

Google trends is a great resource to find "breakout" queries to write about. Use both the "search term" and "topic" options. I like using two timeframes for them, the "12 months" and "5 years."

kjh-08, Jan 17, 2024 IP
  3. Lucy Martin

Lucy Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    You have need to focus on content and semantic content network. Choose the microsemantics and then go on macrosemantics

Lucy Martin, Jan 17, 2024 IP
  4. Lucy Martin

Lucy Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    Semantic SEO will increase your topical authority.

Lucy Martin, Jan 17, 2024 IP
  5. AnN@

AnN@ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CMS Hub; WordPress; Ghost; Make My Persona; Semrush; Keyword Planner; Google Trends; Quora; Twitter Topics and of course work on SEO

AnN@, Jan 18, 2024 IP
  6. AISEOUX

AISEOUX Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a whole blog post on this: https://aiseoux.com/blogs/resources/best-free-keyword-search-tools-for-seo-2024

Personally in terms of free tools, freaking Wordstream, Ubersuggest, Keyword.io

I try to find consistency amongst these terms.

You can also use Chat GPT to suggest blog topics. This actually works and I've had good results off random topics about the same subject. You can ask GPT to suggest 10 blog topics about "[keyword]".

AISEOUX, Jan 22, 2024 IP
  7. pawon

pawon Member

Best Answers:
    Topic starter: what is your site about and what are you trying to achieve?

We can only talk in general terms here... but finding those keywords is probably not the solution.

pawon, Jan 25, 2024 IP
  8. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Socio-political commentary, basically. Beyond that, beyond simply getting my voice heard, I'd love to earn my own income this way.

Does this answer you question?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    Noitartst, Jan 27, 2024 IP