1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Teacher arrested for letting class call teddy bear Mohammed

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mcfox, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Israel was, and is. Many want it driven into the sea and as long as that mentality holds, it will bear no more fruit than simply ignoring the plight of Palestinians now in misery.

I may be ignorant - per my post above - but it seems to me both sides need to deal with the reality, which must include loss and compromise - if there is to be any lasting peace.

northpointaiki, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  2. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being intellectually dishonest doesn't help achieve anything.

DevilHellz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  3. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    There was no diplomatic agreement for Palestinians to be made refugees and eueropean jews to be shipped to Palestine to take over there land and homes.
    In 1948, they kicked the Palestinians out by FORCE and WAR.

Aceday, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  4. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    With that i can agree, but as i've said before and i say it now, you give 'em a finger, they want to take the whole arm. That's how it was, and that's how it will probably be.

5. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I admit I do not know enough. But I want to learn, from both perspectives, so I'll read and see what is said.

The only thing I can offer is that both sides need to know the other isn't going away.

I'm sorry, I really don't have any answers, and please forgive the indulgence for a moment. My wife has Jewish blood, and steeped as I am in history, I am aware of what transpired over the course of the last 1000 years or so. I am aware what befell this people over WWII and feel in my bones what they have gone through. I admire Jews and Jewish culture. I admire their zeal to excel, their vitality and their desire to engage. This is my experience.

I know less about Arabs and Arab culture, more broadly, Islamic culture generally. I have a deep appreciation for the contributions made by Islamic scholars and artists over the last several centuries, and know that much of what we take for granted in modern life can find its roots in the contributions made by Islamic forebears. I don't know enough of the plight of Palestinians since 1948. I know that women and children blow themselves up when they are alienated from their own lives and feel they have nothing else left to do.

The fight on this forum only makes it more salient to me how tragic this whole thing is, if one thinks both sides come from a common people. I wish I knew a way out.

northpointaiki, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  6. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Your claim to land is because it's written in a corrupted book that existed thousands of years ago, sorry but that dosen't hold with people who live in the real world.

grab my heat, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  7. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Northpointalki

Israel has the most successful and openly supported Native Title claim in the world. They get to be colonists and natives simultaneously!

Israelis, with the support of the U.S. and other western nations including Britain and Australia, claim that the ancestors of the Jews were the first to inhabit the plains of Palestine, granting them native title rights to the land.

Strange then, that Iraq's similar indigenous native title claim to Kuwait was opposed by the west in the Gulf War.

Strange that claims by Native Americans based on the same principle have been consistently denied, apart from a few token reservations and lands fragmented by the Dawes Act (See Native Title Privatisation).

Strange that the same claim by Australian Aborigines is also denied, except for native title lands granted in extremely remote areas and deserts, resulting in isolation and poverty for the Indigenous people attempting to live in such places. Native title in Australia has been extinguished anywhere that land has been sold or set aside for some purpose since European colonisation. But this rule doesn't apply to Israel, for some reason.

This is a pattern that exists across the globe, including peoples such as:

* the Assyrians
    * the Argentianian Kolla
    * the European Sami
    * the Maori
    * Taiwan's first nations
    * Canadian first nations
    * Amazon Natives
    * and even Scottish Crofters still under feudal oppression.

So what makes Israel so special?

8. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Arabs have been in that land for over 2000 years, long before christianity and Islam even, the idea that Palestine only existed for a few centuries is a Zionist myth.

Aceday, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  9. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_early_palestine_name_origin.php
    I think we should just hand it over to Greece since the original Philistines seem to be of Greek origin or maybe Italy since the Roman Empire did "own" it all for a good while. No I do not really think that...

In all seriousness though it seems to once again be an issue for which of Abrahams many sons had the most right to the land which I thought was settled 5 thousand years ago... (if you know the Biblical mythology you know what I am talking about and if not you think I am nuts).

There is no easy answer here really but I think a good start would be for everyone to just let bygones be bygones. Hashing up every bad thing that ever happened to an Israeli or Palistinian in the Gaza strip is just going to drag it all out even longer. The first step to compromise is to enter into the debate with no ill will for anyone else involved and in my estimation that has never occurred.

Of course the pessimistic part of me honestly believes that the whole middle east is cursed with war and bloodshed. I cannot find one moment in history where the place was peaceful for anyone for very long.

earthfaze, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  10. Meth_

Meth_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they want to kill her now :/

Meth_, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  11. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is true. The Holy Land has been soaked in blood from times immemorable.

I believe there is a solution to the problem. It is the assimilation of Palestinians into Israeli society. An independent Palestine is NOT POSSIBLE. No longer possible. no country in the world can challenge US military. Even all the countries in the world together cannot defeat the US military fair and square.

And the IDF is just a proxy of the US military.

So, if you can't beat'em, join'em.

The best solution would be a single large state containing both Israelis and Palestinians as equal citizens.

Remember, EQUALITY is the key word here. Justice should be delivered fairly and impartially to both the Palestinians and Israelis. Such a secular country will be their Homeland.

gauharjk, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  12. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    I disagree bro.

13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Of course you would..

Mia, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  14. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    You know why? Because Hezbollah defeated one of the biggest armys in the world (Israel) in 2006. Shows what can happen when you have God behind you, Israel and America will eventually collapse, as all empires did before them!

15. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would not like to start another controversial discussion in this thread. Enough said on this topic.

Let there be Peace...

gauharjk, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  16. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    These little pests didn't defeat IDF. IDF was under a poor command, yes, and some decisions and operations were poorly conducted - but to say that hezbullah defeated IDF ? Give me a break :rolleyes:

It's always hard to fight those who take shelter in innocent people's homes. If we had no morals or conscious - it would have been quite easy to bomb the whole area and eliminate all of hezbullah as well as the innocent civilians. That's what hezbullah would of done if they had the power.

But not us. We are not animals.

17. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    I know it's hard to admit you lost to a small gurreilla army, no wonder Israel is so scared of Iran!

18. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-countries-with-largest-armies-map.html
    Not even one of the top ten largest armies in the world.
    I know it couldn't have been since its 1/650th the size of all the Arab countries around it...
    You honestly think the Hezbollah is so fantastic? Regardless of the value of their agenda or beliefs (assuming they are what I think they are) they BLOW PEOPLE UP!!!! Like random people. And before you say "well (insert nation here) does it" lemme ask you does that make it right? Is it okay to blow up innocent people to make a point? I don't think so.

earthfaze, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  19. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Who is intellectually dishonest?????? Israel was more than immoral they bombed the whole of Lebanon, mostly areas in the north with No hezbollah!!! Which had no purpose but to terrorize the Lebanese people and destroy lebanese infrastructure.

The official deathtoll of lebanese civilans was 1200 people! 90% from areas far away from hezbullah strongholds.

Not animals, eh?

Aceday, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  20. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    I know your sad, mabye you will have a better chance to win next time. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.