1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Teacher arrested for letting class call teddy bear Mohammed

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mcfox, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mohammed is a common male first name and a very popular surname.

The word “Muhammad” is derived from the Arabic root word “hamd” meaning “praise”.

It is an emphatic passive participle of that root and can be translated as
    “the Oft-Praised One”

It is a beautiful name. It has good meaning.

gauharjk, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  2. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know it's popular, it's one of the most popular names in the UK.
    I was just wondering why people are allowed to name their children in Mohammeds name if it's not allowed?

MattUK, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah, that is because Christians believe that Christ is God... Hint, look up Holy Trinity...

"Worshiping Jesus is the same as Worshiping God.. "

Since when did bad taste warrant violence?

Actually I am feeling quite well today... I had a headache this morning, but am better now.

On a daily basis... Use of the word "infidel" comes to mind...

I'm not lashing out against Islam.. Had you actually read my post objectively rather than resorting to this typical, childish, half cocked over-reaction trauma that many cult followers seem to have, you would have seen I was referring to "Islamic Extremism" as a "CULT"....

Read slower next time...

I don't believe I said anything bad. Are you a Islamic Extremist? If not, why are you so upset? I would think only the true cult followers would be offended when confronted with a realistic opinionated response to their beliefs...

Again, had you read my post you would have seen "Islamic Extremist", not "Islam"... Is there not a difference?

Good point...

Mia, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  4. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  5. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont get people who travel to these kind of places. She got some new problems, probably the life in UK was too boring.

N_F_S, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  6. coco275

coco275 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very sad.

From what I understand, I would think that most muslims are benevolent and forgiving. This was a simple mistake and according to the media, this lady was teaching in that country out of the goodness of her own heart or why else would she be there? It certainly wasn't the money.

coco275, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  7. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but if you go to another country, you are expected to abide by that countries law. Although I agree a little talk would of done it and a prison sentence is absolutley blowing everything out of proportion, the teacher should of known what to do and what not to do in a Sharia based country.

If someone goes to America you would expect that someone to abide by Americas laws, just as if you were to go to Sudan, you are expected to abide by their laws. Simple as that.

One more time so the fascists can read it: She dosen't deserve a prison sentence, just a talking to.

grab my heat, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sudan and the Janjaweed militias—recruited, armed, trained, and supported by the Sudanese government have raped and murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in Darfur.

Both Sudan and the Janjaweed militias are guilty of genocide. So what else do you expect from them?

bogart, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. You are calling fascists those of us that have a problem for criminalizing a woman who meant no harm, and who, in fact, apparently allowed her children to name something they love - a teddy bear - something else they love, the name of your Prophet. The woman isn't deserving of anything but gratitude, from what I can tell, for lending her teaching services to children badly in need of it. She is facing imprisonment within the law, and threats to her life from without the law, in mass protest. Your view is reprehensible.

gauharjk, I understand it's improper to place an image of your Prophet on anything (even as a kid, I was fascinated with examples of Islamic art that I had seen among my national geographics and Time-Life series books, and understood even then the Muslim view on this), and further, it is obvious that to mock him is wrong, and I understand strong feelings, even outrage, if someone were to insult someone or something held so dear. What I don't understand is why, if he is a human being, to do so warrants bloodshed.

northpointaiki, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  10. DharmaSeo

DharmaSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    what i find crazy is sudan is very poor and 1000's of ppl go to protest that this teacher should be killed rallying streets with swords etc...for days...

shudnt they being doing something productive? or fighting the government to make changes etc??

how the hell does this teddy bear become their month's priority? dont they have kids to feed/

DharmaSeo, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sudan is not poor. It may have more oil than Suadi Arabia. Ethnic tension and extremism allow the government in Khartoum to tyrannize Africa's largest country.

bogart, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  12. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:

I agree this is a non-issue. Miss Gibbons did not mean to hurt anyone. The people of Sudan should be more understanding.

In Islam, insulting the Prophet is a grave offense, and in northern Sudan, where Khartoum is, it is a crime. The government said it was insulting to name a toy Muhammad.

I do not agree with this view of people of Sudan.

People are very sensitive to religion in this region. These are not democratic societies, they are closed societies. And they do not know any other way to vent their frustration.

For Muslims, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is more than a man. He was a saviour. He was sent to earth as a mercy to mankind.

Muslims are in large numbers in Africa, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Middle East, Asian Sub-continent and South-east Asia. The basic tenet of Islam is to pray to God 5 times a day. It is known as Salah. You can find more information on Wikipedia and DawaNet.

1. Morning Prayer - Begins about one hour and twenty minutes before sunrise and ends about ten minutes before sunrise.
    2. Noon Prayer - Begins when the sun passes the meridian and ends about two and a half hours afterwards.
    3. Afternoon Prayer - Begins from the time the noon prayer time ends and ends about 10 minutes before sunset.
    4. Sunset Prayer - Begins soon after sunset and ends before darkness approaches.
    5. Night Prayers - Begins from the time the sunset prayer ends and extends till just before the morning prayer.

Because of this, Islam is the core of Muslims's life. It is the most important thing because we Muslims believe - This life on earth, we live for 60 or 70 years, is full of hardships and tests. So, basically, God has sent us to earth to test our souls if we are worth entering heaven. So, while on earth, praying and doing good deeds would please God.

That is why, people are so emotionally attached to religion. It is the sole reason for their survival. It is the most important thing.

And Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) symbolizes Islam. And any insult to Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is an insult to Islam.

That is the general feeling around here.

gauharjk, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your thoughts and response, gauharjk - I gained a perspective on your faith and feelings I didn't have before, and I better appreciate the role of your Prophet in your daily life.

That said, everything in me rebels at the notion of violence to begin with, and the only thing that could bring me to raise my sword is if it is raised in my face, or in the face of my family or others who did not commit violence in the first place. I understand the rage you must feel when someone insults Muhammed - even moreso, now - but I cannot, and will never be able, to justify violence done in retribution.

northpointaiki, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  14. coco275

coco275 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree, she only needs a talking to, a slap on the wrist. Laws are laws in any country and they have to be abided by.

coco275, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  15. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:

No by fascists I was reffering to Gtech, Mia and Bogart. I guess you didn't read my post, I don't agree with her punishment, she only needs a talking to but anyone going to a country based on Sharia law should at least have a basic concept of Islam and the laws.

grab my heat, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  16. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, i've had enough of hearing this "It's not the majority, it's only them" phrase again and again, yet what do we see and hear each day ?
    The same old crap, same old violence, intolerance, stupidity and so much more. And it always has to happen with Muslims or in Muslim countries.

Seems to me you guys have a serious problem, and you have to solve it.

What happened with this teacher is absolutely absurd. This is an example of people who come to a 3rd world country to HELP build it, to help educate the children, to help with medicine. And what do they get in return ? This shit.
    Not the first time it happens. Not the last.

DevilHellz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  17. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    You can't really talk, zionists are 500x worse. They want to wipe out all Arabs.

18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    No, I did read your post; you apparently didn't read mine. I disagree that she needs anything. As I said. She doesn't "need a talking to," only gratitude. I remain puzzled why, when these children were naming something by a name they revere, she should have been made culpable of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

northpointaiki, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  19. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can talk as much as i like to.
    Sure, the Zionists are 10000x worse! They chop heads off, they blow themselves up across the entire world, the murder people... and so on and so on. Or... Not ?:rolleyes:

(Psst... It's the media... it's controlled by the damned Zionists!... They are everywhere...)

DevilHellz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  20. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:

And the Israelis don't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.