1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Teacher arrested for letting class call teddy bear Mohammed

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mcfox, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I can't even recall how many times you've asked. It's been a lot, a whole lot. I always likened it to "sympathy pains for terrorists" myself. It's only in the context that "they" believe it will benefit terrorists, do they ever complain.

I agree. If it were anything like "they" suggest, "they" wouldn't be posting all the "blame America first" hatred on this very forum.

GTech, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    So much for the religion of "tolerance" :(

mopacfan, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with this, Jeremy. Again, I was speaking more to my own shortcomings in failing to embrace the above - my wholesale condemnation, whether overtly expressed or in my own pre-judgments of my fellows, was nothing better than Manzanar, in its time, or any other missteps we have committed in living up to our own ideals.

Here's what I believe. So long as you live your life in peace, and allow me to live out mine, peace to you. If not, deal with what I hand back.

northpointaiki, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Understood.. I really would not be ashamed of it, or feel guilty about it though.. That was then, this is now... 9/11 changed the opinions of many, opened a lot of eyes and forged opinions that never existed before... All because of a bad few.

I'm sure a great many felt the same way at the time.. Again, that was then, this is now.

I think that is always what most Americans have always wanted... Peace... Trouble is, actually the irony; wherever that is peace, there will be war waged to keep it. Those that do not have it, should want it.. Unfortunately they choose instead, to take it from those that have it.

Mia, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  5. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one of my landscapers is named jesus

ninjashoes, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  6. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    So the right of privacy against unreasonable searches and seizures with the electronic collection of every piece of data siphoned off the att network in SanFran is not a loss of freedom? I believe it is one of many erosions of our freedoms in this country.

mopacfan, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Please, with all due respect again, cite one example where you have actually personally lost this right...

I've played this game before.. Try again... I think at one time Gtech and I had a pool going on this one...

Mia, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  8. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try drawing a picture of Mohammed and see what happens...... ridiculous

TheMarketingMadman, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  9. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehehehe I know a guy named Moe Hammoud

TheMarketingMadman, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  10. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well to me it is nonsense , naming a teddy bear muhammed is nonsense and also disallowing to name a teddy bear muhammed is nonsense ,too.
    I am a muslim and I see no harm naming a teddy bear muhammed and also I don't get the idea of naming a teddy bear muhammed especially in a more religious state.People should respect other peoples beliefs.

The fanatism is two sided.If you demolish the balance it is hard to reach common sense.

zangief, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  11. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mia, you are comparing oranges with cherries. With your logic there are so maaaaaany bad places on Earth to care about their freedom, speech, etc. Well, if you are for it and think you have got enough to change the whole world I will wish you good luck! :)

By the way, I think there are many violent murders in some heart of Kenia or somewhere else where civilization isnt present, lets talk about it then, and compare to states? :) Then send the troops of "democracy" to stop all them violent murders, how dare they to kill a person on another continent! :D

Now, think if someone comes to your country and will be telling what to do. Right, you wouldnt even imagine such a thing in your purple freedom world. Do not consider this sentence as off topic, because if I were to ask you lets teach Sudan the democracy the military way, you wouldnt say no.

N_F_S, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    This just in, and it's an outrage. The teacher has been formally charged and she faces lashing if convicted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22007049/

Thankfully, there is an uproar afoot and I personally think she will be released unharmed. The voices of reason include the Muslim council of Great Britain, who condemned her arrest in the first place:

http://www.mcb.org.uk/media/presstext.php?ann_id=277

northpointaiki, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  13. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing to try. It's just a simple fact illustrating how we have begun and are now headed into an Orwellian, fascist society. If you want an idea of how bad it's going to be, just look at England, the king of nanny states.

mopacfan, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Huh? Begun what? You say that, but you have yet to show me one single instance where you have actually lost any right you claim to have lost...

Argh.. I don't know why I bother asking this question... no one can answer it.

Consider the question off the table.. It's unanswerable.. A trick question.

Mia, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  15. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/11/29/sudan.bears/index.html

Here is the latest update to the story. It looks like she is going to be convicted of the crime which is ridiculous in my eyes. I really don't think she meant to offend anyone. It is also now being reported that is was NOT a parent that complained, but a secretary at the school!! I think Sudan has bigger issues than worrying about someone naming a teddy bear Mohammed, gimme a break!!!

Firegirl, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  16. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    What I want to know is where are all the Muslims complaining about this injustice?

mcfox, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  17. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Jesus is fairly common in some Latin American countries.

It's pronounced "HEY-Soos"

usasportstraining, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  18. Mackadoo

Mackadoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    She should totally be let go, she didn't mean any harm to their religion.

Mackadoo, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    She has been found guilty, will be imprisoned for 15 days, then deported.

Utter horseshit. I'm glad she wasn't punished more severely and good riddance.

northpointaiki, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  20. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the children can name the teddy bear Jesus and no one will ever be arested.

It is extreme fulishness from fanatical 'believers' to arest somebody over a thing like that.

Truth777, Nov 29, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.