1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Readbud.com is scam?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by hacktutors26, May 21, 2010.

1. MiniTrader

MiniTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    I too can smell a SCAM with readbud.com here. Read my experience to stay away from Readbud.com

I have been a member for two months now. Initially the articles being served were 14-18 per day, later it came down to 10-12 per day. Now it is less than 3 articles per day. These are nothing but scammer tactics to delay payments. Honest paymasters do not need a minimum of $50 to cash out. No forums on the site for users to interact, all factors point to a scam. Beware.

My experience with readbud accounts in the last two months is a complete waste of time. I have two broadband connections & two pc’s at home. Both me & my wife’s account behaved in the same manner i.e. articles being served reduced as earnings went up.

Though the second account was opened a month ago, number of articles being served for the new account was 14-16 against my month old account (averaging at 8-10 articles). Mind you the article interests were identical in both accounts. So why should one account get more articles ? In fact the earnings difference was $16 between my account and my wifes account. Now my a/c is at $37 & my wifes account is at $34.

At this rate it will take about three months (0.15cents x 90days = $13.5) to reach the payout of $50. This is assuming that readbud.com will continue to serve articles. I have my serious doubts. In any case I am not interested in wasting futhur time for a paltry 0.10 to 0.15 cents daily just to reach cashout.

The latest in scammer tactics by readbud.com is this message which is displayed when logged into my account “readbud is currently undergoing major service upgrades, hence the amount of articles you receive will be limited”

This message is now appearing for well over a week now. Over one week for Server upgradation !!!
    Readbud.com must think that users are complete fools.

My take is Do NOT waste your time behind readbud.com It is a complete SCAM.

MiniTrader, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  2. MiniTrader

MiniTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a discrepancy, I noticed today about readbud today.

A whois query reports that the domain was created on 08-Feb-10 & updated date 24-feb-10. Even if we were to assume that readbud went live on 08th Feb itself, thats 112 days of existence upto 31st of May 10.

And, as of today their site on login page reports that user "loveChaser" is the top article reader with 8663 articles read till date. Now that comes to a whopping 77 articles served per day to this user. While the top 10th user listed "hotlife" with 8166 articles also has a solid average of 73 articles per day.

Considering an average of .05c an article these guys have made about $400 to $430 till date.

How come we have never heard of any of these guys boasting of their fancy earnings anywhere on the net ?

How come readbud chose to serve such high number of articles to a select few, while the rest have to be content with less than 5-6 articles per day ?

MiniTrader, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  3. mansingh

mansingh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for proof I have reached $40 but these days they serve more less articles so it will take more much time to reach $50 the minimum cashout limit.

mansingh, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  4. starbux

starbux Peon

Best Answers:
    This site already a scam. I don't even bother to try also

starbux, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  5. jacquem

jacquem Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks like a scam to me. And the guy who posted on the first page when he said he got proof but showed nothing? It was his first and only post and he defended ReadBud right away and never came back

jacquem, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  6. andyken

andyken Peon

Best Answers:
    All of those payment proofs are scattered on the Internet. I've seen them before.

I've also tried readbud but stopped because it doesn't make any sense.

1. They has no link back to advertisers. Anybody noticed that? All you can see are scattered Adsense ads on the article page. If that was really *paid* articles, it would be common sense to see a link pointing back to the advertisers.

2. 0.05 to 0.09 payout per read are too good to be true especially there are really no *paid* articles.

3. Most of the articles are not unique. They are just copied of from article directories.

Well, let's see if anybody who has post > 100 could actually post some real payment proofs.

andyken, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  7. uptraffic

uptraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be scam for someones because these kind of websites pay to only where they reside or office located. Guys showing proof they seem belong to same region.

uptraffic, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  8. tommy302

tommy302 Peon

Best Answers:
    their payout slows down after sometime

tommy302, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  9. out cast

out cast Peon

Best Answers:
    thats real proof..
    i wanna try..thanks for share..

out cast, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  10. MiniTrader

MiniTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no real proof yet. Go ahead only if you are fine with zero returns for your effort. For me, its two months since I joined and have so far reached $41. Daily ads now being served are averaging less than 4. At this rate its going to take another 60 days to achieve the next $9. It looks bleak, nothing like the initial daily avg of $1 to $ 1.5. So watch out & don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

MiniTrader, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  11. ssdear

ssdear Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wao! Its really an awesome opportunity. Let's see how long it sustains

ssdear, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  12. samuro

samuro Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder why there's no any link back to advertisers, it's really strange.

samuro, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  13. kabalyero

kabalyero Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a new member. My only complaint is reading copy/pasted translated or badly rewritten articles. It makes my head hurt. :(

kabalyero, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  14. MEMORIES89

MEMORIES89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whether we have to read the full content of the article before rating?

MEMORIES89, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  15. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you don't have to read article. Just rate.

I tried to hack their rating script and discovered on thing, if you stay remain for 4 to 5 minutes to article page, then you will not get more articles. Their site is very simple and I don't think they pays for just rating articles.

Sometimes their article is broken!

anupviews, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  16. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you do not have to read articles. Just rate.

I tried to hack their rating script and discovered one thing. If you remain stay on the article page for 4 to 5 minutes, you will not get more articles. I don't think they pays for just rating articles.

Sometimes their article is broken!

Scam!

anupviews, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  17. kvwest125

kvwest125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let just wait for the payout!

kvwest125, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  18. steveuk007

steveuk007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I click one of their ads to give them income every time i visit them, they get paid from outsiders when you click their ads, so it keeps the site running....

steveuk007, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  19. heidunk

heidunk Peon

Best Answers:
    wow...want to join that....

heidunk, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  20. MiniTrader

MiniTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing that, definitely worth trying it out.

I have been wanting to quit this Readbud, but am now so close to payout ($48.23) that I just want see if they will actually pay.

MiniTrader, Aug 17, 2010 IP