1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quick Buck Crew New Site

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ! Ask !, Jun 1, 2007.

1. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    humm is the person who released this template so I don't think he give any permission to jetbrain.

alang, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  2. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the problem is that adding this small sins :), probably is not of great value to the site, and clutters the blog, maybe if I can find a way to display it as a small table, I will look at it.

I think people really want the scammers and the people that could cost then money.

! Ask !, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  3. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Well, removing link from the template does cost a lot. A huge amount of money goes in sponsoring those templates. When I sponsor a template, I sponsor with the assumption that it will be used by x# of sites, thus for each template used there is money associated. If the link is removed, its straight away a financial loss to the developer and the sponsor.

You can create a separate category for such type of sins.

NeoGen, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  4. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    @ NeoGen :

Its been a templates by from my BlogAboutMySite Templates

@ Dubz :

Exactly, hence I didn't wanna waste my time speaking to him/her. Since jetbrains, being someone old into this business should have understood his/her responsibility before, if it was someone new I would definitely given a pm first. :)

@ alang :

Yes alang bro, I didn't give any permissions and I am sure jeff also didn't.

@ Ask :

Ask, I truly understand what you are trying to say. But image if someone does the same with your released theme then what shall you do? :(

I know there are daily a no.of themes releasing, but these things keep happening to us, hence may be try creating a page wherein you can mention such people.

@ NeoGen :

Thanks Neogen for your support. I am glad you can understand whats the feeling and loss in there when someone removes your links.

humm, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  5. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I have several templates that get rip-off constantly I don’t care anymore, I am bussy with other things.

If you can find me a script like this http://www.paiddirectorylist.com/pr5/ where I can put the name, url, date and designed ripped off etc on a simple way, I will implement it. On the blog model i use is not very practical.

! Ask !, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  6. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that Ingenious Directory has been purchased by Balkanboy. I also see the sponsor links under "Partners" on the left hand side. So, there's no problem with this site.

Also, I think that everyone should be notified and given a chance to respond before being added as a QBC. Even if you think it's obvious that they are a QBC, it's only fair to give people a chance to defend themselves.

Finally, I do think that removing template sponsors is pretty serious and should be considered QBC. It's really akin to theft. If people want a template and don't want sponsor links, they should simply hire someone to make one. There are plenty of high quality reasonable priced designers out there who would be more than happy to help.

onlinedude, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  7. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    I do still think that before changing the title, the template user must consult the designer or the Sponsor.

Balkanboy has changed the title of both the designer and the sponsor of this template, which does upset me a bit.

I don't think removing linkbacks from a template should be given next chance.. coz I don't see a reason why someone would do it by mistake.

Its done with full mind and actions. If its a new member yes one can always talk via pm's. But someone who is a old member in this community must understand these aspects.

I agree 101% what you have just said above.

humm, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  8. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, I recently purchased www.ingeniousdirectory.com together with my cousin from Jetbrains.
    I did some modifications on template(header and navigation) and want to use it intil I find time to create unique one.

Creator and sponsor links are on the left under partners and I think it is more prominent place than footer, but if you insist I can put it back to footer.

I understand it is exciting to have new content from QBC website, but please be sure to contact owner before putting his site there.

If there are any more questions please feel free to ask.

And Jeff, thanks for letting me know-my site could be listed there with no reason.

balkanboy, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  9. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Humm, you posted in same time I was writing my post. I have no problems with title and will be happy to put it back as it was.
    I am sure Jeff has no problems with his link title. It is not big deal and I could never think changing title may upset you or anybody else.
    Anyway, will change it to original. Sorry about this-it wasn't my intention to break any rules for using your template.

10. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Great... seems that this issue is resolved... so all is well that ends well...

NeoGen, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  11. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    @ Balkanboy I don't have anything against you buddy, I respect you as a designer. :cool:

If I knew it was you, I would definately first given a pm. I am sorry if I have hurt ya in the process. By making the issue public. :)

---

In general..

I don't see a valid reason to contact a theme links remover, whatever is done is always done in full mind and sense.

Don't you agree guys? :D

humm, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  12. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    100% agree with you...

Now how about Word press template developers who are selling ripped off template.. (I think I have been scammed) I will wait for the rippers reply.. before handing him over to you guys!

NeoGen, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  13. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok, no hard feelings on this side. What I do has nothing to do with this issue, but thank you for your words.
    I changed title back to original.Sorry for misunderstanding ones again. I never had idea this could cause problems.
    If there is anything else, please feel free to contact me.

Too bad there will be no new content on QBC blog :)

14. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    NeoGen, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  15. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Yeah lately a lot of people mix templates from 2 designers and come out with their so called unique collection!

I do release wordpress themes and also check out well known wp designers site, hence when I buy a theme with full right or get one made, I make sure the designer is never before seen.

Last week, I had someone offering me a theme for 30$ full right! .. Price sounds exiting right? But why its priced low coz its isn't unique.. people just rip off other themes.

If someone tells you my sponsorship cost is 100-150$ per link or full rights for the theme is 200-300$ maybe then its unique coz you need some extra guts to quote that price. ;)

humm, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  16. a-humblekid

a-humblekid Peon

Best Answers:
    i think the domain name is nice. it will be perfect to blog about making money online, and fill it with your referral links.

a-humblekid, Nov 19, 2007 IP