1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

nobody shares their SEO secrets

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by manchesterguy, Aug 3, 2007.

1. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As if. I have secrets.

live-cms_com, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  2. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Those who know secrets, don't tell.

Those who tell secrets, don't know.

Lexiseek, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  3. zehrila

zehrila Peon

Best Answers:
    i am sure every single secret which some webmasters think are secrets have been posted here more then twice. Seo is an open book who ever wants to read and understand.

zehrila, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  4. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    do u really think there are some secrets in seo

harshakiran, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  5. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no secrets in seo, BUT you need to know how to get everything together. Sort of making a cake... You can have the ingredients, but will the cake will be tasty?

Same with SEO, you can have all the ingredients, but it's not enough to be on the first page!

I wrote a free report last month, DP members like it. You can download my report here: Google Top 10 Secrets

Franck S, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  6. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    what tips are there to give away?
    everything about seo is discussed in here everyday, you just need to find it.

> keyword research - find keywords that could bring traffic and are easy to rank for.
    > on-page seo - proper use of titles, headers and content.
    > fresh content - regularly updated keyword rich content
    > quality backlinks - get some backlinks from established sites
    > relevant backlinks - get backlinks that are in the same or similar niche to you
    > anchor text - include keywords within your anchor texts
    > good navigation - if your pages cannot be found, your pages cannot be ranked

just-4-teens, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  7. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    I start my SEO from DP and got success in it.So read as much threads and visit SEO blogs from our members.

If ur really interested in SEO then you will be getting the secret.

priyakochin, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  8. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course there are. There are quite a few "tricks". But if people were to reveal them in public forums, they wouldn't work for long.

Lexiseek, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  9. sideways

sideways Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they {secrets} do get revealed here and there, but the good tid bits end up disappearing when threads go old or dead. Theres some cool people out there that are willing to share.

sideways, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  10. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The one I know of is not too secret in a way if you know all possible sorts of backlinks are counted by Google.

But probably not many tried the trick with it. Like I said, you would have to invest a lot to create a very popular site for a huge bandwidth :D No individual can do this though and I hope a big company won't find this trick. It is sort of BH, risky SEO too.

coolsitez, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  11. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    As others have said, (I know I'm beating a dead horse here) there are no real SEO secrets. Instead, focus on the fundamentals. If you spend all your time looking for the latest SEO trick or secret, you're not going to get anywhere or anything other than wasted time, effort and money.

Now, I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this, but SEO has to be the greatest example (in modern history anyway) of an industry created out of nothing for the sole purpose of separating fools from their money just because somebody thought it would be a great idea to take a wondeful resource that was being provided to Web users and twist it for his/her own personal gain.

Back on topic. You want to know what those fundamentals are? Read my thread "All You Need to Know About SEO" (it's in my forum signature; currently a work in progress), Chris Beasley's SEO Guide at websitepublisher.net/seo-guide/ and the Search Engine Optimization FAQ over at the SitePoint forums.

Dan Schulz, Aug 4, 2007 IP